AndreTrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I GIVE UP, the stupid wad unpacker can't find the damn common-key, and it already is at C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.wii\, i don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me?

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Milestails said:
I GIVE UP, the stupid wad unpacker can't find the damn common-key, and it already is at C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\.wii\, i don't know what to do anymore, can someone help me?

Make sure you are using the latest version (check first page) as it will tell you if your common-key is in the correct place.

QUOTE(FireEmblemGuy @ Apr 30 2008, 10:46 PM) Der Langrisser, injected into DKC 2, does nothing, although it installs properly. I don't know if it has anything to do with the SMC region, the size, or the lack of a header, but it didn't go past the classic controller screen.

All snes roms are assumed to have the 0x200 length header! If you know how to use a hex editor, add padding yourself.

AndreTrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
creffca said:
Milestails said:

Make sure you are using the latest version (check first page) as it will tell you if your common-key is in the correct place.

QUOTE(FireEmblemGuy @ Apr 30 2008, 10:46 PM) Der Langrisser, injected into DKC 2, does nothing, although it installs properly. I don't know if it has anything to do with the SMC region, the size, or the lack of a header, but it didn't go past the classic controller screen.

All snes roms are assumed to have the 0x200 length header! If you know how to use a hex editor, add padding yourself.

i am using the latest version, it does make a wad, but the wad can't be decrypted by Wadtool and won't install (gives error -4100 ret)

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
If you edit the title.tik in hex editor BEFORE packing the wad, it'll get past the ticket error...
at offset 0x01d1 change the value to 01 AC E5 E3 8E 4C 68

this will (hopefully) fix the ticket error (-4100), but afterwards I still get a title error.... (2100)

Btw if i'm wrong i'm sorry. I'm just stating my assumptions...

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blu9987 said:
If you edit the title.tik in hex editor BEFORE packing the wad, it'll get past the ticket error...
at offset 0x01d1 change the value to 01 AC E5 E3 8E 4C 68

this will (hopefully) fix the ticket error (-4100), but afterwards I still get a title error.... (2100)

Btw if i'm wrong i'm sorry. I'm just stating my assumptions...

Wow, you seem pretty determined to get an injected wad working. Have you tried the obvious and installing your host wad without any injection or tampering just to verify that it works?

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Just tested and yes it works without any injection.

I'll try editing the title.tmd to see if i can get it working for my injection
biggrin.gif

CoinCollector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with this (it's working), and I have a couple questions.

Determined to find a WAD that runs Banjo-Kazooie, I was about to inject it into all of the N64 WADs that are out before I remembered the play history that's on the Wii Message Board. The WAD Uninstaller removes all files from the WADs, but it still displays your play time on that channel on the play history. I don't own the Virtual Console game that I'm injecting games into, Sin & Punishment. I'm not actually playing Sin & Punishment, only injecting and playing games I already own into it. But like I said, I don't own Sin & Punishment on the Virtual Console. What I'm asking is can Nintendo check your play history for games you don't own and do something like disconnect you from the Wii online services? I want to know I'm completely safe before trying Banjo in every N64 WAD currently out.

Also, on the injection compatibility list, is the "Region" column for the injected ROM, or the host WAD?

Thanks!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Der Langrisser (1.1 translation) injected into DKC 2 works perfectly for me
smile.gif
although I do most of it manually with hex editor. I remove rom header if preset, pad rom to 4194304 bytes, and inject at offset 0x0c0800 in DKC2, then rename channel in 00000000.app and correct SHA1 hashes in .tmd file. Also change ID in .tik and .tmd

Out of all the SNES roms ive tried the only snes roms that havent worked are, Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dreamland 3 (both SA-1), terranigma (no sound) and Seiken Densetsu 3 (random crashes?)

If you have a NTSC wii, make sure you're using the NTSC version of DKC2

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Milestails said:
That's not a problem.
You will always get that.
So long as your WADs aren't turning out to be 4KB in the end, you have nothing to worry about with that "error" message.

rafaelfrota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have problems with key, try putting it in .wii folder and the folder where you installed injectuwad.
also, the name should be common-key without any extensions

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Stev418,

Seeing as your good with hex editing - do you know how to change the name of the save file - they all read Donkey Kong Country 2 - also the banner tool doesn't change all the titles.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well it seems to be the hex just after IMET in the 00000000.app file, although when ive mucked with this, I get a bad install (just a ? in wii memory management) thats probably why banner tool doesnt touch that one. I might have another play around later on.

One thing I would like to know is how to convert the 00000005.app file size into a hex value, I know that the 8 bytes just before the SHA1 hash is the size, so i want to know if i change the size of the 00000005.app file how do I come to a hex value to insert to those 8 bytes. Anyone know?

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
well it seems to be the hex just after IMET in the 00000000.app file, although when ive mucked with this, I get a bad install (just a ? in wii memory management) thats probably why banner tool doesnt touch that one. I might have another play around later on.

One thing I would like to know is how to convert the 00000005.app file size into a hex value, I know that the 8 bytes just before the SHA1 hash is the size, so i want to know if i change the size of the 00000005.app file how do I come to a hex value to insert to those 8 bytes. Anyone know?

Not sure if I'm understanding your question. Are you just wanting the new file size in hex? If so just open your edited 00000005.app file and copy the last offset to that 8 byte location in the .tmd. So let's say the last offset was 0x30F8A, you'd place 03 0F 8A into the 8 byte location.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, pretty much. For example the hex value for 00000005.app with size of 10,782,092 bytes is 00 00 00 00 00 A4 85 8C if I understand correctly?

So if i have a file size of say 12,323,098 for 00000005.app how would I arrive at the correct hex value? Just might be habdy to know, just might not be
smile.gif

creffca

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stev418 said:
yes, pretty much. For example the hex value for 00000005.app with size of 10,782,092 bytes is 00 00 00 00 00 A4 85 8C if I understand correctly?

So if i have a file size of say 12,323,098 for 00000005.app how would I arrive at the correct hex value? Just might be habdy to know, just might not be
smile.gif

If you want you can just use the windows calculator. Put it in view->Scientific mode, type your file size in dec, then click the hex radio button. 12,323,098=0xA4858C. That address space in .tmd is 8 bytes though, so it looks like 00 00 00 00 00 A4 85 8C.

AndreTrek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Miles said:
Milestails said:
That's not a problem.
You will always get that.
So long as your WADs aren't turning out to be 4KB in the end, you have nothing to worry about with that "error" message.

did you read the whole post? i said that the wads don't install, they give error -4100 ret.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....