Rockstar integrates fan-made loading fix in official GTA Online update; rewards creator with $10k

Grand_Theft_Auto_Online.jpg

Last month, we shared the news of an unofficial Bloodborne 60fps patch that was made public and now, another fan-made patch is making news for another game: GTA Online. Modder t0st created a fix that reduced the game's loading times by up to 70%. Rockstar also took notice of this fix and investigated it further.

"After a thorough investigation, we can confirm that player t0st did, in fact, reveal an aspect of the game code related to load times for the PC version of GTA Online that could be improved," the company told PCGamer. "As a result of these investigations, we have made some changes that will be implemented in a forthcoming title update."

After this statement, the fix's creator, t0st, said that they awarded $10,000 through Rockstar's Bug Bounty program.

The GTA Online update that includes this fix for loading issues is live as of today.

:arrow: SOURCE

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's very cool! Hopefully other companies follow suit. There's a lot of cool mods that actually improve stability and over gameplay in different games.

(nintendopleasereleasepapermariothousandyeardoorforswitchusingthefanmadeHDtexturepackandjustpaytheguy$10,000)

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
nintendopleasereleasepapermariothousandyeardoorforswitchusingthefanmadeHDtexturepackandjustpaytheguy$10,000)
also vanillaware if youre reading this plz release the muramusa vita remake on pc and switch so i dont have to get a fucking vita for one game

Last edited by Julie_Pilgrim,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
How embarrassing that a modder fixed it for them (I'm assuming without even seeing the source code), when Rockstar should know the workings inside and out since they made the thing lol.

-edit. but great of course they took the fix and paid too!

Last edited by cearp,

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also vanillaware if youre reading this plz release the muramusa vita remake on pc and switch so i dont have to get a fucking vita for one game

There's an HD texture pack for Muramasa's Wii release. It looks pretty good!
upload_2021-3-16_14-51-13.png

But I agree, more releases for more availability and visibility!

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
There's an HD texture pack for Muramasa's Wii release. It looks pretty good!
View attachment 252260

But I agree, more releases for more availability and visibility!
I'm currently using the hd texture pack in dolphin, I just want to see what's different in the remake without having to buy a vita

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't you have to disable cpu cores to play that since it can't handle too many cpu cores or is that a different bad port?
yeah to finish a mission you need to do that or set the game at under 60 fps or it won't work well.

DXVK is a good solution to fix the micro-stutter but there are still the textures flickering issue

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
yeah to finish a mission you need to do that or set the game at under 60 fps or it won't work well.

DXVK is a good solution to fix the micro-stutter but there are still the textures flickering issue
So I need to cap my framerate and disable some of my fucking cpu

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I recall my aunt's PC with Windows xp had some of the characters from the search tool +1