Hacking Rockband2 Music Store

Karlucchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight, so you can delete songs off the wii system menu but that deletes all dlc songs on the wii and not just selected ones. It works for now because the game still loads them off the sd card but someone really needs to figure this out. I hope you can Liveordie56.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rammoth said:
Heathcliff said:
Off topic: Can European users like me download the free DLC if they use the Downgrade tool to install Nintendo's 3.2U firmware?

And I'd also like to help with modding DLC but I can't download them
frown.gif
so if anyone could upload some free DLC then PM me and i'll try to find a way to install them

It's not really offtopic, since the topic reads "Rockband2 Music Store", which in itself could be about anything music store related.

However, your question has been answered about 4 posts ago, so you could have easily figured out the answer yourself.

I'm not the most unfriendly user though, so I'll just give you the answer. As of now there is still no way to get ANY of the DLC to work on your PAL wii with an NTSC Rock Band 2 copy

Lol you're right this isn't off topic (though they all are talking about hacking the DLC).
And I'm sorry I haven't read that post
wacko.gif

But, wouldn't it turn a PAL Wii into a NTSC one by changing the firmware? or the difference is in the hardware itself? I mean, you say it doesn't work, ok I'll wait for the PAL release! But what is the difference between a PAL Wii and a NTSC one besides the firmware (3.2E / 3.2U)?
Or is that my french IP that locks the DLC?

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem ist, that the latest Wii Shop update (which is needed for buying Wii points) locked the shop to the region that you had, when you first visited the Wii Shop with the latest update. ATM there is noch chance to change it. Anyregion changer doesn't help...

Liveordie56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Karlucchi said:
Let me get this straight, so you can delete songs off the wii system menu but that deletes all dlc songs on the wii and not just selected ones. It works for now because the game still loads them off the sd card but someone really needs to figure this out. I hope you can Liveordie56.

when you download a song it still backs it up to the SD card, then when you play a song, it wills tay on your wii memory. you delete this through the system menu not the music store. if you delete it through the music store, it will delete it off the sd card and the wii. When you delete it off the wii memory and play this song again, it will just take it from the SD card again and keep it on your wii memory. This is a way to play the music w/o running out of space but it's still inconvienent. Playing a legit version, it would usually just delete it off the wiimemory by itself.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
mugel0190 said:
The problem ist, that the latest Wii Shop update (which is needed for buying Wii points) locked the shop to the region that you had, when you first visited the Wii Shop with the latest update. ATM there is noch chance to change it. Anyregion changer doesn't help...

Oh ok I see! That's too bad
frown.gif

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the deletion problem with the queue deletion in the rb2 file. I loaded the rock band specific CIOS from TBS 4.0 and ran Softchip using 248 and Voila! the songs get moved and not copied! 1 block in the wii save!

Thanks to all who worked on the rb CIOS!
grog.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SkankyYankee said:
I fixed the deletion problem with the queue deletion in the rb2 file. I loaded the rock band specific CIOS from TBS 4.0 and ran Softchip using 248 and Voila! the songs get moved and not copied! 1 block in the wii save!

grog.gif
Yes, playing A back up with the rock band cios (Why wouldn't you be?? It's made for RB!) fixes the copying issue. I figured this out the other day, but I thought you guys would have been using the RB cIOS anways, so I didn't post anything
tongue.gif

And customs are getting closer each day, a guide should be released in a week or so (but no promises, could take longer)

Liveordie56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif

Hmm is this the CIOS in the guide by Arm the homeless? I can't get that file since it is down. Mind teaching me how to do this?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Liveordie56 said:
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif

Hmm is this the CIOS in the guide by Arm the homeless? I can't get that file since it is down. Mind teaching me how to do this?
It's in my Sig. "Rock Band Backups"

Liveordie56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
Liveordie56 said:
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif

alright thanks alot, and it does work, wii save file is now only 1 block, nice!

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Liveordie56 said:
Mrkinator said:
Liveordie56 said:
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif

alright thanks alot, and it does work, wii save file is now only 1 block, nice!
no prob
yaypsp.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif
Yes, playing A back up with the rock band cios (Why wouldn't you be?? It's made for RB!) fixes the copying issue. I figured this out the other day, but I thought you guys would have been using the RB cIOS anways, so I didn't post anything
tongue.gif

And customs are getting closer each day, a guide should be released in a week or so (but no promises, could take longer)

When the hell did we get so close to customs man??
blink.gif

Or have you got them working already?
smileipb2.png

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Mrkinator said:
SkankyYankee said:

grog.gif
tongue.gif

When the hell did we get so close to customs man??
blink.gif

Or have you got them working already?
smileipb2.png
The process of putting them together is getting done (thanks to tueidj
cool.gif
), but I still haven't figured out that stupid bik format yet
wacko.gif
Maybe we can just use moggs, I don't know. I'm not far enough yet
wink.gif

So No, but it is getting closer.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
deviljr said:
now how about a dlc hack so us pal wii owners can get in on the fan as well
rolleyes.gif

It's possible I think
smile.gif
You might be able to patch something so you can access the NTSC store and get our goods
tongue.gif

QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ Jan 22 2009, 08:43 PM) All this crazy cIOS stuff scares, me, glad I chipped my wii two years ago XD

Can't wait until we're at installable DLC WADs!
I'M NOT GOING TO DO THIS, SO NO ONE ASK ME!!

I'm only doing custom song. Not illegal DLC Wads.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mrkinator said:
deviljr said:
now how about a dlc hack so us pal wii owners can get in on the fan as well
rolleyes.gif

It's possible I think
smile.gif
You might be able to patch something so you can access the NTSC store and get our goods
tongue.gif

You mean swapping our wii region and installing a WAD from the latest version of the NTSC Wii Shop Channel?

Mrkinator said:
QUOTE(HisshouBuraiKen @ Jan 22 2009, 08:43 PM)
All this crazy cIOS stuff scares, me, glad I chipped my wii two years ago XD

Can't wait until we're at installable DLC WADs!
I'M NOT GOING TO DO THIS, SO NO ONE ASK ME!!

I'm only doing custom song. Not illegal DLC Wads.

Wouldn't it be possible to just do this with free songs? I don't know if it's legal anyway but it wouldn't be as bad as stealing the payable songs. And I saw a ticket signer somewhere (but it only runs under Linux)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.