Hacking Rockband 2 and AC/DC Both freeze mid-song with USB loader

quepaso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it with normal 1.4 and 1.4 v7 final ultimate. It did it back on v1.1 as well using wanin original loader. I even formatted the drive and re-installed the games again fresh, still does it. Guitar Hero 3, meticallica, aerosmith and world tour all work perfectly. Using 4.0 dash with cios249 rev10.

When it freezes, it freezes for a few seconds then keeps on going. Sometimes it does this multiple times per song.

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have similar problems in different games, or used to. Your problem is most likely heat. Just keep a house fan on your external hd while its running, and hopefully you'll be fine.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do u make the RB2 peripherals work while using Usbl? please post
smile.gif

quepaso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atomike said:
it sometimes does the same thing for me with GH: Metallica

All the guitar heros work fine for me.

Maurice10 said:
No problems here either.
It's probably your hard drive.

The hard drive worked perfect as a NTFS drive storing HD movies for me before i converted i to WBFS. I am pretty darn sure the drive is fine.

Jotokun said:
I have similar problems in different games, or used to. Your problem is most likely heat. Just keep a house fan on your external hd while its running, and hopefully you'll be fine.

The drive never gets warm, i can touch the drive through the external case and its cool to the touch.

QUOTE(ALLSPARK @ Apr 16 2009, 08:03 PM) What Brand/Size hard drive are you Too

It is a seagate 400 gig using a compusa ide->usb adapter, all other games work perfectly including all the guitar hero games.

QUOTE(thc42O @ Apr 16 2009, 08:18 PM)
How do u make the RB2 peripherals work while using Usbl? please post
smile.gif

Rock Band 2 and AC/DC Track Pack for Rock Band both use Guitar Hero guitars just fine. Its only Rock Band 1 and the earlier track packs that could not play with the guitar hero guitars. I was using a nyko frontman Wii guitar but returned it and am going to get a Guitar Hero World Tour guitar instead since id like the guitar to come apart for easy storage, and the nyko doesnt do that.

Guys, if you are playing RB2 with many songs and hey work fine with your USB loader, please confirm as well. Id like to know if its just an issue with my setup or if its more involved then that.

mugel0190

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The freeze has something to do with the power management of your harddrive. It's not an issue with 3.2'' HDs, but with 2.5'' HDs. After a short time of HD inactivity the HD spins down and is going to sleep mode. When the game needs to load data from the HD, it has to spin up, what takes a few seconds. With Western Digitial HDs it is possible to tweak the spin down time. Search google for "hdparm".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: