Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, now that both games have been out for some time, which would you say is your most favorite guitar controller out of the 2 bundled with the game? I, for one, have never tried out the Stratocaster, but I heard the push in buttons are kinda weird from my friend, so I guess I have to vote the Les Paul, since I just got GH3 a couple days ago =D

Oh, and does anyone have a comparison shot of the 2 guitars? I'd really like to see how they compare in size :\
Also I like the look of the Stratocaster much better, looks way more "non toy" like.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Guitar Hero official guitars definately fell better on my fingers.
There's something about the Rock Band guitar's texture, I guess you'd say, that I don't like.

It may just be that I'm used to the Guitar Hero guitars.

Guitar Hero > Rock Band
wub.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I might be biased but the rock band one feels way better to me.

With that said I find rock band to be an awesome game while GH3 gets boring really quickly.

I can't really understand why anyone would like guitar hero more. Is it because of the songs or something?

Rock Band > Guitar Hero

wub.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm split. I like neither more than the other.

GH3's Guitar had some problems when I got it, mainly with the frets not being recognized due to the removable neck(bad idea!!!). I got a replacement and now that's fine.

As for Rock Band's Guitar, well the one that came with it had the faulty strum bar, but other than that everything worked fine. Took over a week, but then finally got my replacement(at some point will be getting a free EA game, which game I'm getting is yet to be determined), but while the strum bar worked fine, the star power(yeah, I know that's not what it's called in Rock Band, but w/e) sensor wasn't working properly. It either doesn't go off when I want it to, or goes off by itself. Got a replacement for that one too, came in two days and this one appears to be working fine.

Now having two working guitars I can say I like them both equally. Rock Band guitar's frets are too clicky, and I prefer GH3 guitar's fret buttons because of that. However the GH3 guitars strum bar is too clicky and is far too annoying to use on segments on songs where it's best to strum both up and down, and prefer the way the Rock Band's guitar strum bar feels for that.

Wish I could merge the 2 to make the perfect Guitar controller, but meh. So that's my opinion on it. I won't vote on the poll since there's no "I like both equally" option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY