Addressing the 3DO vs CDi comparison

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I dropped a post few days ago where I compared the CDI to the 3DO, and boy did it not end up well, so I would like to apologize for the stupidity of that post.

Problem one(Research): Normally, when I do a Console Comparsion, I do heavy research to ensure I have good enough information, but this time, I lightened up on the research, so people were understandably calling it out, so I guess I might as well do more research next time.

Problem two(I chose meme consoles): Most of the time, I normally choose consoles people take seriously, which is the case for the PS2 vs Xbox vs GCN and Game Boy vs Neo Geo Pocket. But out of the blue, I decided to compare two consoles that are remembered as memes, meaning that I took this comparison less seriously than I should have, so because of this, I'm not doing meme consoles unless it's consoles I take seriously.

Problem three(I barely have experience with these consoles): Now, I should get the obvious out of the way. I NEVER USED THE PHILLIPS CDI OR THE PANASONIC 3DO, making these two a lot harder to compare, and when I DID try to experience the CDi via Emulation, the emulator and iso flat out REFUSED to work, so I was left with nothing, but pure speculation (plus, I don't think there's a 3DO emulator.)

PROBLEM FOUR(The 3DO apparently had legitimately good games.): Self explanatory. But somehow I thought Hotel Mario beat Street Fighter 2 Turbo...

Sorry about the problems I addressed, though. I guess this is what happens when someone mostly dedicates their page to comparing consoles against each other.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your main problem is that there are people here that grew up with some of the consoles you are writing about. No matter how much you research you will never get the sort of understanding that real life experience brings.

Fiderok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I had an old 3DO system in the past many years ago and yesterday my kids showed me some TikTok videos of how someone played old retro games like SNES, NES, 3do, and more and you know nostalgia brings it back. I have a few questions but the first one is how to play 3DO games on my PC I read about emulators so any suggestions on what emulator to download something easy to install and easy to play? Must try some of the games maybe on PC would be the same but we will see.

Last edited by Fiderok,

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I NEVER USED THE PHILLIPS CDI OR THE PANASONIC 3DO,
Okay... So... Why did you make a comparison thread? There's plenty of stuff I don't know anything about, but you don't see me compare two new superhero movie based on... Memes?

Yeah, I admit it: i never thought anyone would compare consoles by memes about it,and I'm still struggling with the idea of why anyone would want to. It's like comparing fruits based on how easy they're to stack: doable, but kind of useless

Conboiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had an old 3DO system in the past many years ago and yesterday my kids showed me some TikTok videos of how someone played old retro games like SNES, NES, 3do, and more and you know nostalgia brings it back. I have a few questions but the first one is how to play 3DO games on my PC I read about emulators so any suggestions on what emulator to download something easy to install and easy to play? Must try some of the games maybe on PC would be the same but we will see.
I have a suggestion but it's on android the 3do emulator I will get the link to emu download (real3doplayer)

https://archive.org/download/PHX_EMU

The phoenix emus
And windows,Linux,mac

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans