Hacking Rock Band 3 Keyboard will not Sync.

irhxcbcziuzxs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a ton of work today, and changing around cIOS's and banging my head up against the wall. I got Rock Band 3 to load with USB support using IOS 249 Rev 17 coupled with IOS 222 Rev 4 and uLoader. However, tt seems that Rock Band 3s Keyboard will not sync with the dongle that came with it. I have heard of this happening with non-retail discs, but so far am unsure of any way around it. I was going to load it with softchip using a different IOS but softchip will neither let me change the booting IOS nor read the disc. Any ideas?

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, I have a crappy modchip that didn't have the 001 update so instead of running it through a hard drive I burned it and ran it through gecko os. Keyboard works perfectly. My guess is that the usb dongle might have to be in slot 0 for the keyboard to work. I don't know for sure...

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the exact same problem, but with my drums from RB2

Although I didn't have any problems running the game itself

I think its a problem using it in the USB port, using a burnt disk might work but if anyone finds a solution, please share

np1511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After talking to others's in other forums, I think it's an issue with a PAL version on the game on a NTSC USA system. we'll just have to wait for the USA release to get posted somewhere

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
np1511 said:
It worked!!! NTSC-U game on usb config running IOS222.
Can you shed a little more light please?

Just tried running it on ios222, which keeps the usb thing on, but when the drum "syncs", the controls don't work. This -could- be my batteries though, so I'll have to try new ones.

If you did anything else it'd be cool if you shared, thanks

kingmobisinvisib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem but I'm not using USB. I've been loading RB3 using neogamma with ios249 and the guitar, drums and mic work fine. Now I go the MIDI pro and its not recognized at all. I installed hermes 222 with 38 merged with 37, but I can't figure out how to launch my disc so it will use 222. I tried using cfg because someone mentioned you could use that to launch discs with 222, but it won't get past the intitial loadup because i don't have a drive hooked up.

kingmobisinvisib

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I figured it out. All I had to do was update my ios 53, 55, and 56. That even made it possible to launch RB3 via the disc channel with all instruments functioning including the pro MIDI adapter. I should mention I do have a wiikey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo