P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I was trying to install the latest rb3 hacks (sZLE) and now apparently I can't get into the music store. The game allows me to select the store from the menu, but when it loads it, it returns with error 204036. I checked my Wii shop channel connection and verified that I do indeed have a connection. All previous hacks are still in place and no other game features have been affected. I followed the instructions in a package I got online. Notes were as follows:

Code:
After running it there will be a txt file named "keys" on your SD card.
Look for NG (Console ID) in that and copy the 8 digit key.
Put the 8 digit key into the file "ng_id.txt" in the CommonFiles folder.

You can also get the ng_id from the keys.bin of a BootMii backup.
Open it with a text editor and find the "ConsoleID"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
New Versions
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The new generations [sZEE - sZLE] will not work with "Install-Common-Files.bat" or "Restore-Cleanup.bat"

You will have to change the "ng_id.txt" in the new generations yourself.

All you really need is "--- Start Menu ---.bat"

I applied this hack by transfering the wad to my SD card, installing it using ios236, uninstalling it, and reinstalling it. Upon completion of the installation I recieved error -1022. I'm not sure what to do next to get this working. I installed this on top of many patched I previously made through ModMii and on many a friend has done for these rock band hacks using Dop Mii and Wad Manager. The previous wads are still working (through sZKE). Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: 1 person

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Rock-Band-Network-on-the-Nintendo-Wii-Shuts-Down-178626.shtml

read that, else

http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/es

wad related errors

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Upon completion of the installation I recieved error -1022. I'm not sure what to do next to get this working.
You should try to uninstall and then install it again using ios249 v17. I never used hacked DLC so not sure if it works but to fix this error I just needed to use this ios.

P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These hacks are designed to generate a wad error code. They all do it and work fine anyway, don't ask me why. The game is not supposed to shut down the music store however. The rockband network is just an extension of the music store, not the store itself.

Also, I tried your steps FIX94, but you were talking about ios249 and linked to ios38. As far as the versions go, I have ios38 v4124 and ios249 v21006. I tried using the 249 I have installed but that didnt work, no change in outcome.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, I tried your steps FIX94, but you were talking about ios249 and linked to ios38. As far as the versions go, I have ios38 v4124 and ios249 v21006. I tried using the 249 I have installed but that didnt work, no change in outcome.
I linked to cIOS38 installed to slot IOS249. It uses IOS38 as base.

P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool, but I already have ios 249 fully installed and enabled, and I think it is a more recent version (ios249 v21006). I've already tried installing the wad into it and that didn't work, it just returned the same error. So I'm confused, am I doing something wrong?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well they are differences between the IOS and most hacked wads are only working with v17 or older.

P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I ran the custom ios app in homebrew with ios 249, installed ios 38 into ios 249, tried applying the hack again and nothing changed. I've tried cios rev 21 (linked above) and rev 17 now, neither of which have fixed the problem. So, what am I missing?

P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved my problem. I think since I recently re-hacked my wii using ModMii, my old custom patches were overwritten. So, using Dop Mii, I selected ios36 and patched ios 56, said yes to all (explained here). Then I uninstalled the packed wad from earlier. Using ios 249, I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled wad sZLE and recieved the typical error -1022. I tried the music store again and everything worked perfectly.

Imac007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
I'm having the same problem. I've installed all the wads sZJE-sZLE. They were working just fine, until my daughter downloaded the Netflix channel.
Would that explain my loss of DLC. If so, how can I remove Netflix. Or is there a way to go back in time (restore point) before Netflix was installed.
I using sysmen 4.1u and load priloader to stop updates.

On another note, where can I find out the latest ios's / cios rev's?

P4wn4g3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix probably ran a Wii System Update that unhacked your Wii, or modified an IOS. Try rehacking. Use ModMii (here). Also, Netflix is easily deleted by going into the Wii channels in settings.

cliffm10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved my problem. I think since I recently re-hacked my wii using ModMii, my old custom patches were overwritten. So, using Dop Mii, I selected ios36 and patched ios 56, said yes to all (explained here). Then I uninstalled the packed wad from earlier. Using ios 249, I installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled wad sZLE and recieved the typical error -1022. I tried the music store again and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks for posting this fix, worked for me. I recently updated via modmi to system menu 4.2, had the same issue not being able to access the download store. I wonder if there is anything else I should reinstall (like ios36 patching ios56) as a result? If anybody has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill