Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, careful guys, I have cIOSCORP and I ran the patcher because not all the songs were showing up as purchased in-game, and it screwed up cIOS37, so RB2 wouldn't run.
Got it fixed though, just needed to reinstall the WAD from cioscorp

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fat Slaughter Bad said:
Yea, careful guys, I have cIOSCORP and I ran the patcher because not all the songs were showing up as purchased in-game, and it screwed up cIOS37, so RB2 wouldn't run.
Got it fixed though, just needed to reinstall the WAD from cioscorp
if u runing cioscorp u dont need patchr ur ios37 is already patched

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey 420 I didn't think you were still active on this thread.
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Actually 2 questions.

How do you get the dl links/html addresses for the nus server.
I can use nus downloader and the title id for each generation, but
then I have to download every title in that generation, ie: I can't start
from the middle of a generation.

Why is it necessary, when using the pc tools to download the dlc, to
download a song from the wii store to get the songs playable in rb2.
I know it has to do with the 1 block dlc save. How can we get past that.
It seems like that is what the rawksd installer does, but it won't work for
the dlc .bins.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

PrinceOD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mestapho said:
Hey 420 I didn't think you were still active on this thread.
Maybe you can answer a question for me. Actually 2 questions.

How do you get the dl links/html addresses for the nus server.
I can use nus downloader and the title id for each generation, but
then I have to download every title in that generation, ie: I can't start
from the middle of a generation.

Why is it necessary, when using the pc tools to download the dlc, to
download a song from the wii store to get the songs playable in rb2.
I know it has to do with the 1 block dlc save. How can we get past that.
It seems like that is what the rawksd installer does, but it won't work for
the dlc .bins.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I could be a crazy person, but I believe that even with RawkSD you needed to download at least one of the free DLC titles in order to make it work. I've yet to muck about with these files since I had a stack of wii points given to me for the ol' bday, but I do seem to recall reading that in the RawkSD thread (which I DID get working, and it's great to have all of my discs being played in one place, gotta say).

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
RawkSD doesnt need to download any song, it work very well with PAL Wii.
If we can convert the RB2 DLC to Bin RawkSD, all the dlc must be play with PAL...

CapitalQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running a 4.1U Wii, and downloaded the v5.0 Hairy Ballsagna crack. I ran the RawkSD patcher over a month ago (as I have some RB1 songs imported), so I didn't run it again today. I installed the three WADs using the included WAD Installer, and all three produced errors, but I proceeded, as this is to be expected. I popped in my real RB2 disc, went to New Releases, and everything on this screen had "Purchased" next to it, so I grabbed a new Weezer track to test it--works fine. However, when I went to browse all releases, almost none of them had "Purchased" next to them. Basically, only the new releases that were scattered about in the list had it. What went wrong? Did only one of the WADs work?

EDIT: After reading through the last few pages, I found my solution: uninstalling/reinstalling the WADs via the bundled WAD Installer until a -1017 error was achieved during the installation of all three WADS. Now everything's marked as Purchased--yay!

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine works on PAL Wii in USB Loader. Simply followed instructions from earlier posts about changing the shop region to US(49). Am now downloading songs without any problems. I don't know what all this stuff about only being able to use this when loading from the disc channel was all about. I dont have CIOScorp.

Thanks the help

tim

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tlangford said:
Mine works on PAL Wii in USB Loader. Simply followed instructions from earlier posts about changing the shop region to US(49). Am now downloading songs without any problems. I don't know what all this stuff about only being able to use this when loading from the disc channel was all about. I dont have CIOScorp.
RawkSD and DLC all have the same problem when run through a loader - due to the cIOS, the game will not read/access/write to the SD card correctly; you can play as many songs as you can fit onto your Wii's internal memory, probably only five or ten. A legit copy of RB2 (or cIOSCORP, if you're loony enough to install it) is needed to use DLC to its fullest extent.

tlangford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
tlangford said:
RawkSD and DLC all have the same problem when run through a loader - due to the cIOS, the game will not read/access/write to the SD card correctly; you can play as many songs as you can fit onto your Wii's internal memory, probably only five or ten. A legit copy of RB2 (or cIOSCORP, if you're loony enough to install it) is needed to use DLC to its fullest extent.

I downloaded some. They work fine. Yes it did want to keep them on the wii internal memory so i moved them to the SD card manually in the system menu without any problems.

JuC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I've got a question... I've got a 4.1E (PAL)Updated with Waninkoko 4.1 Updater. I've installed 3 wads and I see all songs Purchased on the list. Then I downloaded the songs from nintendo servers, and then I've decrypted them and packed them into bin. Then I've used the Rock Band 2 DLC Tools to put them into the SD Card, but I can't see them in the game.
The game does recognize them because some of them it says DOWNLOADED. But, I can't play them (they should appear in QuickPlay,right?) and I can't download it again because it says I haven't got enough space on mi wii. I've got 400 blocks and I have a 2Gb SD

What's wrong? Can you help me?
Thanks you all

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@JuC if you download one using the wii shop itll make all the rest that u put in using dlcmanager show.

JuC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thc42O said:
@JuC if you download one using the wii shop itll make all the rest that u put in using dlcmanager show.

So I have to pay for one song and download it using wii shop? not the Rock Band Music Store? And How can I do that, my wii is pal, do I have to change my region or something? I don't wanna brick my wii or something

Thank you for answer.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
hey justa quick question. ive got all content on the store as purchased it says theres not enoush memory to download just one song? ive got 600 blocks free so im sure thats enough for just one song. any ideas

XaNxAn

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey guys, anyone got any idea how to delete the dlc songs from the wii system itself? cuz i already save those songs that i wanted in my sd card.. at the same time my wii memory is getting critical low.. any idea how to fix it?

hmm.. from my understanding i can delete it from the music store itself right? other than that is there any other way to do so? thanks

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
HI everyone , im getting ret 1017 when i try to install the 3 wads , music shop still has everything as 200 points , what am i doing wrong ? i have installed rawks

Pal WII4.1e with Pal disk doesnt work

Pal WII changed the shop channel to 49 wii wants to perform a system update which im not willing to do atm. Ntsc disk just boots back to the rb menu

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generation 4 DLC is now in the Rock Band 2 music store and the previous cracks do not work on them. Will have to wait until a new crack is made.

gunns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone any closer to cracking the encryption on rockband 2 songs, so we can get access to the multitracks?

chubzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone send the files for getting the first three generations of DLC? I was going to PM the OP but it says he is Banned? Thanks in advance.

paulstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the PC Tools and methods for decrypting, wadpacking and making the files for the RB2 DLC: I have searched for info on this but have come up empty. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have successfully created song files for Gen1 and Gen2 dlc using the pc tools of HarryBallsagna. I have also successfully installed the wads to downloand and play the rb2 dlc.

Question:

When using retail disk to load RB2, all dlc plays correctly regardless of whether it was downloaded from Music Store or created on the pc by the tools.

When using USB Loader (wiiflow 222) to load RB2, dlc from Music Store plays, but dlc created by pc tools is reported as "out of date" "redownload."

Is there a work around for that so pc tools created RB2 DLC can work properly with RB2 launched from USB, and not be treated as out of date?

This seems similar to the situation with music store content not being deleted from system memory if rb2 launched from USB as opposed to launched from disk, but I have not seen anything posted about this yet.

Thank you.

packerpride17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to dig this up from the graveyard, but the wads dont work for me...

I used the RawkSD Ios37 patcher to no avail, so I tried to use Dop-Mii to patch Ios37, but that wouldnt install, so I'm stuck. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped