Status
Not open for further replies.

fayyaz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh. This is my first time actually posting on a forum ( i think it is the first time) but i need some help. I originally tried to use the downloader only to get a few songs but then i decided to get them legitely. So when i go to uninstall the wads i do but when i go back to the shop it still says that half of them are purchased. I go to my wii system memory and delete the rock band dlc save data, keeping the data on my sd card. so can someone please help me delete this stuff for good? I called Nintendo (it was a stupid move, but whatever) and 1 of there guys told me to re download one of the songs i actually purchased and it ends up deleteing it. Can someone please help me? after i get some 200 wii points codes for the pepsi promotion i can give u 400 points.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fayyaz100 said:
Sigh. This is my first time actually posting on a forum ( i think it is the first time) but i need some help. I originally tried to use the downloader only to get a few songs but then i decided to get them legitely. So when i go to uninstall the wads i do but when i go back to the shop it still says that half of them are purchased. I go to my wii system memory and delete the rock band dlc save data, keeping the data on my sd card. so can someone please help me delete this stuff for good? I called Nintendo (it was a stupid move, but whatever) and 1 of there guys told me to re download one of the songs i actually purchased and it ends up deleteing it. Can someone please help me? after i get some 200 wii points codes for the pepsi promotion i can give u 400 points.

It sounds like one of the wads isn't unistalling correctly. Look at the songs and see if they are gen 1 or gen 2 and then reinstall and uninstall that wad.

fayyaz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:

It sounds like one of the wads isn't unistalling correctly. Look at the songs and see if they are gen 1 or gen 2 and then reinstall and uninstall that wad.

now that u mention it when i went to uninstall them it did say error with the uninstallation. and how many wads am i supposed to uninstall 1 or 2. i know i used generation 2 but b4 that i used another set of files that just said put in root of sd card and there were two wads in that folder sZAE and sZBE. can i get a link for the files?

fayyaz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
Download v5.0 ixthustiger
wait will this patcher help me take off the "purchased songs" thing? if not what can i do cause i remember it saying something about an error uninstalling a wad.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fayyaz100 said:
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:

now that u mention it when i went to uninstall them it did say error with the uninstallation. and how many wads am i supposed to uninstall 1 or 2. i know i used generation 2 but b4 that i used another set of files that just said put in root of sd card and there were two wads in that folder sZAE and sZBE. can i get a link for the files?

You need to uninstall completely all the wads you installed there are a possibility of three: sZAE, sZBE, and sZCE. Whichever ones you installed just unistall, completely, to unmark songs as purchased.
You may need to unistall - error, reinstall, then unistall to get them off of your wii. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

ashashash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
@ashashash u need to run the patcher.
Nah, I know this causes the error for some people but in my case it appears to be just a timeout error of some sort. I'd already tried RawkSD out so I knew the patch worked.

My internet got shaped recently (Australian internet sucks) so it's pretty slow, downloading small songs like Polly or Oceans worked and the DLC is all showing up now
smile.gif

Trying to download Love Spreads consistently gives me the error though. I will try it again when my internet is back to full speed just to check that this is the problem. Anyway, people should just make a note that there's multiple causes of that error not just unpatched IOS37.

Thanks for all this. Homebrew has allowed me to go from being frustrated at the lack of Rock Band 2 here to having both the game and a whole lot of DLC for it.

mbr013 said:
QUOTE(thc42O @ Jul 31 2009, 02:04 PM) @ashashash u need to run the patcher.

When i run the RawkSD Patcher my wii returns Dump Code...
Does anyone has a suggestion for me? Thanks
I'm not sure what causes this (there's probably a bunch of reasons) but I got it consistently when I first tried to install RawkSD. I went back to a really early NAND backup via bootmii and just went through the process of hacking the wii again, only upgrading to 3.2 and installing no more than I needed to run RB2 and the DLC apps. The patcher worked perfectly this time around so my guess is that if you've installed any other sort of cios it might be interfering with things.

One possibility I haven't tried but should work is to use the Trucha Bug Restorer program to install a patched IOS37 as IOS37 directly. Definitely ask someone who knows a bit more if this is safe before you try it, though.

fayyaz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:

You need to uninstall completely all the wads you installed there are a possibility of three: sZAE, sZBE, and sZCE. Whichever ones you installed just unistall, completely, to unmark songs as purchased.
You may need to unistall - error, reinstall, then unistall to get them off of your wii. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
can u send me a link to the files cause i know i used generation two, and only installed sZAE and sZBE

fayyaz100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:

can u send me a link to the files cause i know i used generation two, and only installed sZAE and sZBE

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal for the Wii to be missing a block in the save data management after you install the .wad files?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fayyaz100 said:
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:
mestapho said:
fayyaz100 said:

Gen 1= sZAE Gen 2= sZBE Gen 3= sZCE

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my question was answered previously, but, I did use the RawkSD patcher, and I get the error code 20407. Is it possible that it is due to Internet? Or is it just a non patched IOS37? Should I just run the patcher one more time?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
Is it normal for the Wii to be missing a block in the save data management after you install the .wad files?

I've heard of other people having this issue, but I haven't encountered it yet.

Are you downloading dlc from the wii or pc?

If you're downloading from the wii are you playing from usb or disc?

I believe this is an issue when playing from usb.

If you load the game through the disc channel the missing block issue doesn't happen,
you also don't have to worry about using up the wii's memory, because the dlc slot stays at 1 block
and everything loads from sd.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks guys for this. i just tried this and it worked with no problems
biggrin.gif
it was easy to do but the songs take so long to download dame Nintendo
rofl.gif
great job guys thanks
grog.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mestapho said:
honeypa said:

I've heard of other people having this issue, but I haven't encountered it yet.

Are you downloading dlc from the wii or pc?

If you're downloading from the wii are you playing from usb or disc?

I believe this is an issue when playing from usb.

If you load the game through the disc channel the missing block issue doesn't happen,
you also don't have to worry about using up the wii's memory, because the dlc slot stays at 1 block
and everything loads from sd.

I'm using cIOSCORP, but it is my fault initially because I used the Waninkoko's wad manager to install gen 1, gen 2, gen 3 .wad files when I was suppose to use a specific wad manager. Anyways, problem solved; had to use BootMii quite a few items for troubleshooting, where would I be without you BootMii

rs1800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi thanks for your work

Its a fast learning curve for me but I have installed homebrew and changed my shop region to USA (works as I can now buy songs).

I have installed IOS37 patcher

When I run Wad installer I just get a black screen that stays like it till I pill power and reboot. What am I doing wrong please?

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rs1800 said:
Hi thanks for your work

Its a fast learning curve for me but I have installed homebrew and changed my shop region to USA (works as I can now buy songs).

I have installed IOS37 patcher

When I run Wad installer I just get a black screen that stays like it till I pill power and reboot. What am I doing wrong please?

Are you using Wani's wad manager or the RB DLC wad manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: