Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icefireicefire said:
God you guys are all stupid, think about the millions of wiis downloading Rock Band 2 songs a few people downloading the entire category won't hurt the servers all it will do is make you (and your ip!) stand out to nintendo.
I know! >_>

I'm not going to say anything more because everyones going to start attacking me, but what icefire said is right. Downloading the ENTIRE CATALOG is not a good idea. We will see when the banhammer gets taken out.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Yea wad seems the way to go. I just hope its released better than how One Up released there GH:WT DLC that was terrible

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
tripellex said:
jhoff80 said:
Actually, I'm a little surprised that the original person who released it didn't download all of the 00000*** files once himself, and then put those into the torrents or whatever, to skip the downloading from Nintendo part. People would still have been able to use the rest of the tools to be greedy and get all the songs if they wanted, but at least it wouldn't be pounding Nintendo's servers that way.

But I only have the 360 version of the game anyway and I'm only checking these threads out of pure curiosity, so I guess what do I know.

Not possible, as you have to actually download the files using your Wii's ID. The files are specific for each Wii, and for good reason.

Um, no you don't. wget is a standard download program used by PCs for many different things, especially used often in Linux. wget downloads the files completely intact, without using your Wii ID.

THEN, you run decrypter which involves your Wii ID to create the 00000***.app files. And then WAD packer packages that with a trucha signed ticket, I believe. Since the files you download from Nintendo have absolutely nothing to do with your Wii until you decrypt them, someone would just have to do the first step, and share it like that, and everyone could continue using the same instructions from there. It'd be just like mirroring the files that people are currently getting directly from Nintendo.
I'd be really curious to know if this is true. Someone could test this out by not inserting their console ID into the .txt file until AFTER they've downloaded the raw files. Then copy it into the .txt file and run decrypter.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
QUOTE said:
I'd be really curious to know if this is true. Someone could test this out by not inserting their console ID into the .txt file until AFTER they've downloaded the raw files. Then copy it into the .txt file and run decrypter.

Its a shame Version 2 is flawed

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

It's true I've done it. I've also figured out how to download individual songs from the pc.

QUOTEIts a shame Version 2 is flawed

What's flawed with version 2?

EDIT: I figured it out. Looks like 55 songs (110 files) or so won't decrypt.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this package is being re assembled. my bad english translator make error in tutorial.txt. I now use google translate for this and translator is off project.

New package will now include Raw files from nintendo so no downloading . Just decrypt transfer play.

will be available 7pm EST *estimation*

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Version 1 > Version 2

Version 2 after putting the content on sd and attempting to play you will be asked to re download the song. Therefore wasting all the time (24 hours) to download the 20 GBS of songs to pick out 2 GBS of those songs to play.
The error is this song "XXXXXXXX" is out of date since last downloaded please to to music store and redownload.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have removed the package from the content provider that is hosting it for me. Please DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM ANYWHERE BUT somewhere that says "hairyballsagna" as the user name for "uploaded by"

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
changeling said:
jhoff80 said:
tripellex said:
jhoff80 said:
Actually, I'm a little surprised that the original person who released it didn't download all of the 00000*** files once himself, and then put those into the torrents or whatever, to skip the downloading from Nintendo part. People would still have been able to use the rest of the tools to be greedy and get all the songs if they wanted, but at least it wouldn't be pounding Nintendo's servers that way.

But I only have the 360 version of the game anyway and I'm only checking these threads out of pure curiosity, so I guess what do I know.

Not possible, as you have to actually download the files using your Wii's ID. The files are specific for each Wii, and for good reason.

Um, no you don't. wget is a standard download program used by PCs for many different things, especially used often in Linux. wget downloads the files completely intact, without using your Wii ID.

THEN, you run decrypter which involves your Wii ID to create the 00000***.app files. And then WAD packer packages that with a trucha signed ticket, I believe. Since the files you download from Nintendo have absolutely nothing to do with your Wii until you decrypt them, someone would just have to do the first step, and share it like that, and everyone could continue using the same instructions from there. It'd be just like mirroring the files that people are currently getting directly from Nintendo.

It's true. wget is just a standard download tools to download anything using http or ftp protocol. It won't use any console ID to download Rockband DLC.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
If you were to go to List.txt in version 2 folder and push in any of those url's to a browser then you can still dl them so clearly its no need for the Id when dling only when decrypting.

changeling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
If you were to go to List.txt in version 2 folder and push in any of those url's to a browser then you can still dl them so clearly its no need for the Id when dling only when decrypting.
Very good to know. So wget just simply batch downloads the links, and the only thing that's out there to see is an IP.

Good news too that the raw files will be available as part of a package.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone seeding previous packages Please remove them.
The tracker will actively refuse connections if you do not.
the new package ETA 2hours or <

The package will be split into 2 package as with raw files is substantially larger.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
As oppose to making it a rar or zip make each song individual or in groups and put them in one torrent so we can choose groupings instead of downloading one HUGE rar. then we can use our torrent client to choose what songs we want.

shseeley127

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone think that there could be a way to port these over to gh:wt customs?

also

personally... i think using the first version of the hack that came out.. with the two tiny wads that just mark everything in the music store as purchased is a much better idea. that way.... youre not downloading everything.. you can just scroll through the music store at your leisure and download what you want whenever you feel like it...not all at once.

thc42O

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shseeley127 said:
anyone think that there could be a way to port these over to gh:wt customs?

also

personally... i think using the first version of the hack that came out.. with the two tiny wads that just mark everything in the music store as purchased is a much better idea. that way.... youre not downloading everything.. you can just scroll through the music store at your leisure and download what you want whenever you feel like it...not all at once.

People were having issues with this method. thats the only reason i even released the tool set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU