Hacking Rock band 2 DLC tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton, you are very much welcome...and tell the rest of the guys, your hard work and request for privacy IS appreciated and respected by some of us.

For the rest of you, I'm sorry to sound like a broken record here, but I must IMPLORE you to not use these tools, and wait until we can find a way to released prepacked DLC like OneUp did with GHWT. using these tools IS dangerous, to both yourself AND all the rest of us, and could potentially fuck things up for us all with future RB games. And if you refuse to quit altogether, then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE at least show some restraint in your downloading and ONLY get what you feel you really need, a few songs at most. Put the word out if you have to. Stop seeding the tools. Take them down from upload sites if you've put them on Rapidshare, etc. Do whatever you can to stem the tide of misuse. These tools were never meant to see the light of day, and for good reason. I'm saying this for not only your benefit, but the benefit of everyone else who DLed these tools.

Yes, I'm a bit of a hypocrite here, but I'm also a pirate with a conscience and respect. Creating .WADs is currently in the works, so please be patient.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I'm a little surprised that the original person who released it didn't download all of the 00000*** files once himself, and then put those into the torrents or whatever, to skip the downloading from Nintendo part. People would still have been able to use the rest of the tools to be greedy and get all the songs if they wanted, but at least it wouldn't be pounding Nintendo's servers that way.

But I only have the 360 version of the game anyway and I'm only checking these threads out of pure curiosity, so I guess what do I know.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Actually, I'm a little surprised that the original person who released it didn't download all of the 00000*** files once himself, and then put those into the torrents or whatever, to skip the downloading from Nintendo part. People would still have been able to use the rest of the tools to be greedy and get all the songs if they wanted, but at least it wouldn't be pounding Nintendo's servers that way.

But I only have the 360 version of the game anyway and I'm only checking these threads out of pure curiosity, so I guess what do I know.

Not possible, as you have to actually download the files using your Wii's ID. The files are specific for each Wii, and for good reason.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
jhoff80 said:

Not possible, as you have to actually download the files using your Wii's ID. The files are specific for each Wii, and for good reason.

Um, no you don't. wget is a standard download program used by PCs for many different things, especially used often in Linux. wget downloads the files completely intact, without using your Wii ID.

THEN, you run decrypter which involves your Wii ID to create the 00000***.app files. And then WAD packer packages that with a trucha signed ticket, I believe. Since the files you download from Nintendo have absolutely nothing to do with your Wii until you decrypt them, someone would just have to do the first step, and share it like that, and everyone could continue using the same instructions from there. It'd be just like mirroring the files that people are currently getting directly from Nintendo.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Um, no you don't. wget is a standard download program used by PCs for many different things, especially used often in Linux. wget downloads the files completely intact, without using your Wii ID.

THEN, you run decrypter which involves your Wii ID to create the 00000***.app files. And then WAD packer packages that with a trucha signed ticket, I believe. Since the files you download from Nintendo have absolutely nothing to do with your Wii until you decrypt them, someone would just have to do the first step, and share it like that, and everyone could continue using the same instructions from there. It'd be just like mirroring the files that people are currently getting directly from Nintendo.

I stand corrected then. I assumed the files were encrypted on the fly server side using the NG. Thanks for the info, insight and correction in latitude
smile.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue what's happened lol.All I know is I'm still seeding my torrents so can someone tell me what's happening?Or fill me in on to what's happened .

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They finally noticed that making piracy tools that downloads stuff from ninty servers public can be dangerous.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nah, just warning that hell will freeze over if everybody keeps dling the way they are. Seriously, if you ARE going to pirate, dl the ORIGINAL, two-wad pack.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
They finally noticed that making piracy tools that downloads stuff from ninty servers public can be dangerous.

That sounded dangerously like a direct attack on me, zapu. I have been a firm supporter of this never seeing the light of day from early on, ever since Fenton, Merk and I argued about it in another thread months ago, before RawkSD. So don't give me that insolent "oh look he's learned his lesson" huff. Even Robin Hood knew where to draw the line. You never saw Errol Flynn break directly into Nottingham Castle, rob King Richard face-to-face, then give the king a Teabag Surprise while he slept.

Point is, any real, wizenened pirate knows theres a line that says "DO NOT CROSS", and it's been crossed. Expect the teargas and water hoses any day now.

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think is better and safer just to wait for .wads version of these tools. Raping the Servers cud lead to bad things.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Nah, just warning that hell will freeze over if everybody keeps dling the way they are. Seriously, if you ARE going to pirate, dl the ORIGINAL, two-wad pack.

That's just as bad, you'd still be downloading directly from Nintendo, and of course there's going to be people who are greedy and download everything there too.

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
SFenton said:

That's just as bad, you'd still be downloading directly from Nintendo, and of course there's going to be people who are greedy and download everything there too.

Yeah they are. Luckily im new to rockband in general. Rockband got me into rock,metal, etc so i dont know many bands in the first place. so i only downloaded the songs i like or know. NOT THE WHOLE MUSIC STORE!

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hell, I've downloaded everything from their servers myself (not only rockband dlc), but making public tools that will allow people to rape their servers fetching content they didn't paid for is just... unfair.

Not only bad, when you pirate a game you don't affect other 'fair' players, when you make tools and people suddenly start to download content over 9000 times (because they can't get it to work) you block dlc servers and people who paid for it can't download it.

Just release wads for 'non-techy' people.

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BRYAN4D said:
jhoff80 said:
SFenton said:

Yeah they are. Luckily im new to rockband in general. Rockband got me into rock,metal, etc so i dont know many bands in the first place. so i only downloaded the songs i like or know. NOT THE WHOLE MUSIC STORE!

Yeah. I started downloading using version two, but shortly after starting I realized that I'm only going to play the songs I like, which is only about 2 GB of what's available, so to download all of the content would be overkill.

Also, the main reason I'm even downloading the songs isn't for myself anyways. I'm downloading them because every year I visit my Aunt for a few weeks, and she loves to play Rock Band, so when I go out this year I plan to have DLC so we won't get sick of the regular track listing. It's awesome that they cracked the DLC, and I can't wait to have fun playing the songs with my Aunt in a week or so.

Hiethen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From seeing the DLC song list on the wiki, there are like 2-3 songs that I'm interested in and I don't need to download the whole store. How can you download just the songs that you want?? Thanks

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
Hell, I've downloaded everything from their servers myself (not only rockband dlc), but making public tools that will allow people to rape their servers fetching content they didn't paid for is just... unfair.

Not only bad, when you pirate a game you don't affect other 'fair' players, when you make tools and people suddenly start to download content over 9000 times (because they can't get it to work) you block dlc servers and people who paid for it can't download it.

Just release wads for 'non-techy' people.
I agree 100%. The wads shud get rid of the server abuse.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God you guys are all stupid, think about the millions of wiis downloading Rock Band 2 songs a few people downloading the entire category won't hurt the servers all it will do is make you (and your ip!) stand out to nintendo.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
So im testin V2 to try it out and what i have gotten as far as getting the bins on my SD card then they appear as downloaded however they dont show up in RB playlist so its weird. Even tho V1 works its painfully slow (10 mins per song) even though i only want like 15-20 of the songs its gonna take a while to get them all

*edit dl one song from the store and they all appear yay!

**re edit they are "out of date and must be redownloaded."

Therefore V2 is a waste.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so everyone going to wait for just wad releases like the first one am I correct.I think it would be better nd easier for people if they follow the steps correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2