• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Rishi Sunak says 'misgendering transgender people is common sense' in conference speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so this story really pissed me off big time. Rishi Sunak is again spreading his anti-LGBT agenda to the tory party by stating that "A man is a man, a woman is a woman, that's just common sense". No-one like him should be hurting my country like this to spread more hate crimes towards our people. Can we just kill this man already?

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/10/04/rishi-sunak-tory-conference-speech/

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rishi Sunak is a piece of shit.

The Tories are doing this culture war bullshit to stay in power because they have nothing to offer and no success they can point to. A vile disgusting set of people who are happy to incite hate against vulnerable groups.

Fuck labour on this as well. This feels like a repeat of how gay and lesbian people,were demonised in the 80s and 90s.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rishi Sunak is a piece of shit.

The Tories are doing this culture war bullshit to stay in power because they have nothing to offer and no success they can point to. A vile disgusting set of people who are happy to incite hate against vulnerable groups.

Fuck labour on this as well. This feels like a repeat of how gay and lesbian people,were demonised in the 80s and 90s.
I have no remorse for Rishi whatsoever. He once said that "Prejudice against transphobia is wrong", and now he's welcoming his shear amount of horrible views onto our people. The tories feel like a massive cult, similar to the KKK, but instead of hating black people we're hating on people of all genders.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Personally, I'd hope people would forgive me for accidentally misgendering them - like, say a trans woman hasn't had hormone-replacement therapy yet, and thus still looks like a man, and I didn't know they were trans so I (without malice, just unaware) called her a 'sir' or 'he'. That sort of accidental misgendering based off being unaware shouldn't automatically land me in trouble, especially if I apologise and try to correct the flub in future.

If it's being maliciously, purposefully done, then yeah that's offensive - like if someone keeps calling the hypothetical trans woman using male pronouns despite numerous reminders and warnings, just refusing to accept it.

SylverReZ

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally, I'd hope people would forgive me for accidentally misgendering them - like, say a trans woman hasn't had hormone-replacement therapy yet, and thus still looks like a man, and I didn't know they were trans so I (without malice, just unaware) called her a 'sir' or 'he'. That sort of accidental misgendering based off being unaware shouldn't automatically land me in trouble, especially if I apologise and try to correct the flub in future.
Accidentally misgendering is okay. Unless it is used constantly, in a transphobic or derogatory way.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course...it's not like he can campaign on the great job he and the Tories have been doing lately. Transphobia is just "ol' reliable" for conservatives globally right now.
It’s legit impressive how you rarely find a single Conservative candidate video without transphobia in it. Honestly, Conservatives are more obsessed with girldick than I am, and that’s saying something

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that there is a level of culture that will never truly adapt; but that is a morbidity on par with racism :/

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are a lot of morons, you can't get triggered each time each one sez something stupid. Or even create a thread about it.

Dude, Sunak isn't some random guy, he's a head of government. His position in society means what he says is notable and worthy of discussion.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so this story really pissed me off big time. Rishi Sunak is again spreading his anti-LGBT agenda to the tory party by stating that "A man is a man, a woman is a woman, that's just common sense". No-one like him should be hurting my country like this to spread more hate crimes towards our people. Can we just kill this man already?

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/10/04/rishi-sunak-tory-conference-speech/
lets see how much longer it is before the transphobes arrive..

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...