RIP spring & screw

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by da_head, Jun 9, 2008.

Jun 9, 2008

RIP spring & screw by da_head at 10:47 PM (1,341 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. da_head
    OP

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    well yesterday, the infamous r4 spring gaveway (about after a year of use). i watched sum youtube videos, and managed to get the sucker out. now when i put the sd card in, it sinks in very deep (making it annoying to get out). my question is, to anyone who had to remove the spring, does ur sd ever fall out? i shook it alot and it didn't budge, but i'm contemplating if i should cover it with sum tape or something. thoughts?

secondly, while trying to fix this, i lost the stupid little screw >.< the r4 still stays together, and i would imagine even more so within the ds itself. so that shouldn't be an issue should it?

yes i know its time to upgrade to a new flashkart, but i wanna make the most out of this first lol.

2. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Why?

I recommend upgrading because the R4 is ancient now...

3. da_head
    OP

Canada
    well its slightly inconvenient, but it still gets the job done. besides, i don't exactly have money to through around (unless i get a job this summer lol)

4. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    No need to change your card yet. The R4 is still great to use, but to anyone considering to get a new card consider other cards first since they are all cheaper and better than the R4.

5. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My spring broke pretty much straight away but it still pokes up a couple of mm from the cart case so I can fish out the sd card easy enough if need be...

Why would I (anyone) even consider upgrading from R4 just because it's 'old'? Works perfectly for me.

6. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    Some people want extras such as SDHC and Real time saving!! I mean, who needs them [​IMG] Ive got a version 2 R4, i think, the black one and that doesnt have a spring, thankfully, for all the trouble Ive heard about it breaking [​IMG]

7. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm in the EXACT same situation as u! my spring started to mess up so i removed it and it sinks in and is annoying to get out but i took it out 6-7 months ago and the sd cards stay in the m3dss 4 me ^.^ . The plastic inside my m3dss where the screw screws in broke so i just sellotaped it minding not to cover importaint parts.

8. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1 year old R4 everything still works (springloaded version)

9. da_head
    OP

Canada
    its ironic, but losing the r4 screw is actually good. normally, it would be very hard/annoying removing the sd card. but now, all i do is open up the r4, and take out the sd card that way xD