A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well yesterday, the infamous r4 spring gaveway (about after a year of use). i watched sum youtube videos, and managed to get the sucker out. now when i put the sd card in, it sinks in very deep (making it annoying to get out). my question is, to anyone who had to remove the spring, does ur sd ever fall out? i shook it alot and it didn't budge, but i'm contemplating if i should cover it with sum tape or something. thoughts?

secondly, while trying to fix this, i lost the stupid little screw >.< the r4 still stays together, and i would imagine even more so within the ds itself. so that shouldn't be an issue should it?

yes i know its time to upgrade to a new flashkart, but i wanna make the most out of this first lol.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
da_head said:
yes i know its time to upgrade to a new flashkart, but i wanna make the most out of this first lol.

Why?

I recommend upgrading because the R4 is ancient now...

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rjbr2000 said:
da_head said:

Why?

I recommend upgrading because the R4 is ancient now...

well its slightly inconvenient, but it still gets the job done. besides, i don't exactly have money to through around (unless i get a job this summer lol)

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No need to change your card yet. The R4 is still great to use, but to anyone considering to get a new card consider other cards first since they are all cheaper and better than the R4.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
My spring broke pretty much straight away but it still pokes up a couple of mm from the cart case so I can fish out the sd card easy enough if need be...

Why would I (anyone) even consider upgrading from R4 just because it's 'old'? Works perfectly for me.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Some people want extras such as SDHC and Real time saving!! I mean, who needs them
tongue.gif
Ive got a version 2 R4, i think, the black one and that doesnt have a spring, thankfully, for all the trouble Ive heard about it breaking
biggrin.gif

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
da_head said:
well yesterday, the infamous r4 spring gaveway (about after a year of use). i watched sum youtube videos, and managed to get the sucker out. now when i put the sd card in, it sinks in very deep (making it annoying to get out). my question is, to anyone who had to remove the spring, does ur sd ever fall out? i shook it alot and it didn't budge, but i'm contemplating if i should cover it with sum tape or something. thoughts?

secondly, while trying to fix this, i lost the stupid little screw >.< the r4 still stays together, and i would imagine even more so within the ds itself. so that shouldn't be an issue should it?

I'm in the EXACT same situation as u! my spring started to mess up so i removed it and it sinks in and is annoying to get out but i took it out 6-7 months ago and the sd cards stay in the m3dss 4 me ^.^ . The plastic inside my m3dss where the screw screws in broke so i just sellotaped it minding not to cover importaint parts.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its ironic, but losing the r4 screw is actually good. normally, it would be very hard/annoying removing the sd card. but now, all i do is open up the r4, and take out the sd card that way xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out