Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have to install remove Preloader before installing this,

and does installing this bring remove your channels/game saves?

Thx for the help!

^^^^^^^
BTW great news digitydogs.

DanteMx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanteMx said:
hey guys another noob question
I have a 3.2U Ninty wii (originaly 3.3u but downgraded) so
Where start the process ? because i dont have internet wifi
and tell me the Korean Disc or Whatever need network conection?

thanks dude i want to instal riskiimod
nobody caN Help me?

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
truballr. this will overwrite preloader and starfall. you don't have to uninstall either.
no it doesn't remove and saves or channels

OK, If I have Preloader installed and my I'm on 3.2U,

Where do I start?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
digitydogs said:
Ok we've started editing all the files for customizing the system menu.... We may release a customized menu in stages since there is alot there to edit. If we do go this route you can expect to see the first release having the health screen and cursors changed. Everything on the system menu can be changed.

Realy, awesome process is beeing made now, in such a little time
biggrin.gif
...BUT WHY DON'T SOMEBODY LISTEN
frown.gif
? Please team up, guys, please...I think everyone here can wait a little more for a perfect menu...I think it's hard for Forsaekn, developing so hard and long on something, and then you came, and do the same...PLEASE, I'm beggin you..team up...More people --> more awesomeness...

BTW: Let WiiShizzza do the Photoshopping for the Graphics...he's a god at this point
smile.gif
!

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
Shizza is already involved in the graphics process..

and this isnt a one man thing at all, anybody and everbody is invited to contribute what they can...

the more experience the better guys, any coders who can answer a few questions about Wii internals wii appreciated.

20clarky08

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've already asked this in the preloader thread, but no one has said anything. What does the application sadmenu have the power to do? From its description on wiibrew it seems that it can safely patch the system menu by only patching it in memory, and not the nand. You'd think that more work would of been done with this program, but I haven't found anything about it other than that post in the wiki for wiibrew(http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Sadmenu). This seems like it would be the best way to patch the menu for customization.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
truballr. you can start at the Anyregion changer step.

anyone can photo shop its simple. Wiishiiza's already been invited to help out, he's working on the healthmenu, but hes also busy with other projects. As for teaming up with fors. Im not against it, but i imagine the custom menu he has in mind looks different from what we have in mind. Plus what fors is doing (if i understand correctly) goes far beyond what we are doing in terms of custom menus. WE are just changing graphics, he is changing the entire way the menu works

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys question i have a 3.2u wii with gamma, homebrew channel never updated past 3.2. My question is when I go to install this can do i start from phase 3 in the guide? And if I install Riiskimod will gamma still be on my wii.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just be very very careful with sysmenu moddings! Anything bad can cause a serious brick, which might could not be unbricked at home.
Just make sure all of your team mates know this!!

I bricked myself a lot of times.
Could some times only recover using a friends Infectus.

Just think of the danger!

Also U'll never know what happens when Big N brings out an update that checks the Hash of certain files!

If your "hard bricked" nothing can help you! No preloader, no starfall!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you should bold some of that as well Shizza - theres a few others had similar issues messing with that stuff - the preloader doesnt help

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Just be very very careful with sysmenu moddings! Anything bad can cause a serious brick, which might could not be unbricked at home.
Just make sure all of your team mates know this!!

I bricked myself a lot of times.
Could some times only recover using a friends Infectus.

Just think of the danger!

Also U'll never know what happens when Big N brings out an update that checks the Hash of certain files!

funny you mention the update. i was farting around with my wii till 130 am. i woke up this morning and my disc slot is flashing. i know that i got an email from hbb, but i opened it already. i hope maybe preloader was updated, and not that nintendo hash check update. lol

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Messing with any system files can react in a hard brick that you can't unbrick yourself!
If you aren't a pro and don't have the right equipment. Speaking of Infectus and stuff like that.

I would say don't mess with the sysmenu in any case!

Wait for Forsaekens cSM.

swimmeringer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight:

This lets me

a) Play backups from the disc channel

and b) Play games from a different region?

Is this correct? And if it can run the backups, is any patching or whatever necessary?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jizmo said:
Wiisel said:
tried 3.2E ntsc with jap language: Naruto ex3 NTSC-J boots fine Mariokart Pal boots fine Wii Sports blackscreened
i asked crediar about 0.26 last night and it does boot by disc video great for multi standard tv owners like myself
smile.gif
so now we just need disc language then we will have full region free
biggrin.gif

An interesting thing to note that i discovered during my testing last night that has to do with the video compatibility. When my video out in my region setting in changed to PAL, then I boot the Wii and on my LCD i'm now in 576i resolution which is correct. That's using standard composite cables. However if I use my Component cable the LCD always displays in 480i or 480p. Even PAL games with Region set to PAL. So apparently just using Component cables forces the output back to NTSC. So launching the game the exact same way with identical configuration, the video output is PAL with composite cable, and NTSC with component cable. So people with component HD inputs on their TVs should be able to use both ntsc and pal games without sync issues.

Could somebody with a PAL systems set their video out to ntsc and use component cable and test both pal and ntsc games and see if your video mode from the component cables stays locked like it does for me? Oh, and also then test it with regular composite cables to make sure the video switches between modes like it does for me with that cable too.

No you missed something out with component its 720x480 or 640x480 the reason your getting 480 is your feeding the set a 480p image wether its pal or ntsc doesnt matter as its being fed the same resolution image at 60hz.
On most tv's over composite it can be dependant on colour wether it grayscreens or gives overblown contrast, in general ntsc sets can display pal games fine as long as its getting 60Hz and the same goes for pal 60 tv's.

my plasma is multi standard and displays ntsc or pal games exactly the same when using component cables the only issue that is limiting region issues is jap language.

if booting from disc channel you will always get the system video mode this can cause issues for some games that will blackscreen or give jap error message as the discs require the system videomode and or language to match the discs region settings.

preloader 0.26 will force the system to load by disc video mode so a display capable of pal and ntsc will be required.
for those that can get away with this theres still the requirement to also have disc language booted for some jap game.

an example of the above is my hardmodded wii i can set it using any region changer to 3.2E ntsc video and jap language mario kart pal will boot and play fine, naruto ex3 ntsc-j will boot fine but wii sports pal will blackscreen due to wrong video mode by system.

whatever rout you take theres going to be issues wether its language or video mode since some ntsc tv's will suffer from overblown contrast or be incapable of displaying an alien colour mode. then there issues with the wii cables for example i cant load bleach from disc channel if using pal and component cable the game will freeze if i switch system output to ntsc it runs fine but can run no problem using composite, but like i said 0.26 will overcome that for some

idealy a reagion thread will be started that discusses 1:1 games and different cables and video/language modes or a way to fully free it in disc channel as patched games are just moot and pointless mentioning when it comes to region compatability

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
My wii is pal, and there are some games that don´t work on my wii (with riiskimod) like Tales of Symphonia 2, the wii reads it, but, when i press start the screen stays black, and i can´t do anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoANBgzYkQ