Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap i posted bout that like 12 hrs ago and u guys have it figured out

ia truly humbled by u guys
@clarky when do u sleep man?

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
tried 3.2E ntsc with jap language: Naruto ex3 NTSC-J boots fine Mariokart Pal boots fine Wii Sports blackscreened
i asked crediar about 0.26 last night and it does boot by disc video great for multi standard tv owners like myself
smile.gif
so now we just need disc language then we will have full region free
biggrin.gif

An interesting thing to note that i discovered during my testing last night that has to do with the video compatibility. When my video out in my region setting in changed to PAL, then I boot the Wii and on my LCD i'm now in 576i resolution which is correct. That's using standard composite cables. However if I use my Component cable the LCD always displays in 480i or 480p. Even PAL games with Region set to PAL. So apparently just using Component cables forces the output back to NTSC. So launching the game the exact same way with identical configuration, the video output is PAL with composite cable, and NTSC with component cable. So people with component HD inputs on their TVs should be able to use both ntsc and pal games without sync issues.

Could somebody with a PAL systems set their video out to ntsc and use component cable and test both pal and ntsc games and see if your video mode from the component cables stays locked like it does for me? Oh, and also then test it with regular composite cables to make sure the video switches between modes like it does for me with that cable too.

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems that fishears or wiicrazy figured out the hack for pal disc channel moving, so we can completely get rid of the menu patcher part of the guide. Instead just make it a feature and paste these in to Riiski 2.1's hacks.ini:

Code:
[Move Disc Channel]
version=289
offset=0x813A7D88
value=0x60000000
[Move Disc Channel]
version=290
offset=0x813A7E84
value=0x60000000

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think IronMask has been picked up by the Nintendo police. Since he bricked the stunt Wii a couple days ago he's needed to do a Wii-Mart exchange. I think that he returned so many Wii's that Wii-Mart had a nintendo police camp out there for the past 2 months waiting for him to show up to exchange another one. Either that or since I showed him how to set up FTP server a couple days ago he has gone into an FTP comma. BTW, he's got that Verizon FIOS internet service and can send to me at 550KB/sec with it. Damn i wish that service was available here.

Actually I'm just hoping he didn't brick hiw Backup Wii playing with Health Screens and then get kicked out by the Mrs.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Um, another question knocked on my head: what happens if you install a PAL hack on an american Wii? I'd guess it doesn't do anything, but yeah, asking is better...

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link to download Riiski is in 20clarky08's signature, on the first page of this post.

You can't activate hacks for the pal menu, because it's for 290, so it won't show in preloader unless your menu matches that. If you did, it shouldn't have any consequences.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO NO NOT MY HERO IRONMASK I HAVE TO SAVE HIM LOL

dude i dont recomend it i did the other day changed it to mpal u get a black and white menu screen, hbc jumps ,dols load but most are useless since u cant see them

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
feidhlim1986 said:
I'm dumping my Brawl Disc as we speak, gonna try region patching it to PAL with WiigionFree, then see if it works.

Is there a reason why my dump has slowed to 25KB/s, it was running fine at 500KB/s until now. Its 40% done. I'm not using anything else on the network except to post this message

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
20clarky08 said:
ok boys and girls, shizza has got a working bootscreen/health screen on his wii

we are in the process of working on incorporating the new graphics into the Riiski mod setup

and we should have the first steps to a full region free custom system....

we edging closer lads, we are edging closer lol

It's great to see process, realy
biggrin.gif
(Bad that I have a Modchip
tongue.gif
)!!!! BUT why don't you team up with Forsaekn? I'm shure he worked on Region-Free and cSM Prelude should be out the next month, maybe even at the beginning. So why don't someone send him an E-Mail/PM with the Source/Infos, so we will have an awesome cSM? I'm shure he'll give credit, maybe with names in the Options-Menü, or something like that
tongue.gif

Blue-K

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm totally with you.
All was made is perfectly for forseakns cSM.
I really would like to see all of that in cSM. Surly Fors will appreciate shared work.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok we've started editing all the files for customizing the system menu.... We may release a customized menu in stages since there is alot there to edit. If we do go this route you can expect to see the first release having the health screen and cursors changed. Everything on the system menu can be changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap. Love it they advertise false info, like 11" screen, but in specs it says 10.5". Like TVs do same all the time.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is