I used the official download page...
And I followed this yt tutorial
As you can see on 1:00 min this guide is sadly outdated.....
I hope you have used the latest Release of the Patcher.
and use please the OFFICIAL Guide/Manual from
I recommend you please do it again Step by Step.Thank you.
Section I - Patching IOS
Do you have any problems with installing RiiConnect24 or do you want to ask us something? E-mail us at: [email protected]!
If you want to see detailed instructions on how to install patched IOS and Everybody Votes and Nintendo Channel after you download them, click here!
You will now patch your IOS, IOS31 and IOS80. This is required to use the Channels we support to change an RSA key used to sign the files, and contains some patches for Wii Mail. You also will download a patched version of the Everybody Votes Channel.
Section II - Patching nwc24msg.cfg
- Download the required files based on your OS. On Windows run RiiConnect24Patcher.bat, on Linux and MacOS run patch.sh.
- Follow the instructions it gives you. Upon it finishing [on macOS and Linux, skip for Windows], copy the WAD folder to your SD Card.
- You should get the Everybody Votes Channel and Nintendo Channel. It needs to be installed even if you already have the Everybody Votes Channel/Nintendo Channel on your Wii, because you will need a patched WAD you reinstall with.
- (If RiiConnect24 Patcher copied everything to the SD Card, you can skip this step) Extract Wii Mod Lite, and then copy it to the apps folder on your SD Card. Do the same for Mail-Patcher.
- Put your SD Card in your Wii.
- Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
- Launch Wii Mod Lite.
- Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to WAD Manager, and then navigate to the WAD folder.
- When IOS31.wad is highlighted, press +, then do the same for IOS80.wad, Everybody Votes Channel and the Nintnedo Channel WAD.
- If you get an error saying a title with a higher version is already installed (error -1035), go back to the WAD selection menu and press - on the highlighted Everybody Votes Channel/Nintendo Channel WAD, then try installing it again.
- After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
You will now patch your nwc24msg.cfg file which is required in order to use Wii Mail.
- Launch RiiConnect24 Mail Patcher.
- It should only take a few seconds to patch your nwc24msg.cfg. When it’s done, press HOME to exit.
If the previous step failed with an “net_get_status: -24 - Couldn’t request the data: -24” error, please check the internet connection on your Wii.
If you were unable to patch your nwc24msg.cfg correctly, e-mail us at [email protected]
Section III - Connecting
You need to set your DNS in order to get the Forecast and News Channel to point to our servers. This DNS is also useful if you want to play Wiimmfi.
- Go to Wii Options.
- Go to Wii Settings.
- Go to Page 2, then click on Internet.
- Go to Connection Settings.
- Select your current connection.
- Go to Change Settings.
- Go to Auto-Obtain DNS (Not IP Address), then select No, then Advanced Settings.
- Type in 22.214.171.124 as the primary DNS.
- Type in 126.96.36.199 as the secondary DNS (You can also try 188.8.131.52, however it just came out and might cause problems).
- Select Confirm, then select Save.
- Select OK to perform a connection test.
- If the connection test was successful, select No to skip the Wii System Update.
- Go to WiiConnect24, then WiiConnect24 again, and make sure it is enabled.
- Back on the WiiConnect24 menu, go to Standby Connection and make sure it is enabled.
- At Slot Illumination, we recommend you set the disc light to Dim or Bright, but this is optional.
- Finally, go to the Internet section, then User Agreements or Agreement/Contact, then Yes.
Please read through this and don’t skip through it. This contains important stuff about RiiConnect24 as a service!
If you get error 107245, then you probably have failed to patch your IOS correctly.
If you get error FORE000006, you might want to follow this tutorial to fix it. (This doesn’t work with NEWS000006).
[If you’re getting errors such as a WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel currently not being offered in your country, please go to Wii Settings -> Last Page -> Country and change it to United Kingdom. You will get this error when using a country that we don’t support. Contact us at [email protected]
if you need more help.
If you’re getting errors such as a discontinued message when opening the News or Forecast Channel, we have some instructions that might fix it.