Misc riiconnect 24 nintendo channel / voting channel not working...

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
OP
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain
I installed riiconnect24 on my v4.1 E wii, the wheather and news channels work perfectly but when I try to load the patched versions of the nintendo channel / voting channel it errors me out... I checked online and I did install the correct wad's but it still doesn't work... please help.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I installed riiconnect24 on my v4.1 E wii, the wheather and news channels work perfectly but when I try to load the patched versions of the nintendo channel / voting channel it errors me out... I checked online and I did install the correct wad's but it still doesn't work... please help.

Hello.:)

Please be so kind and tell us the Error code(s).
That helps a lot.:D

Thank you.:)

Vila_

Spanish code for Spanisher codecs
OP
Trophies
Website
vilagamer999.github.io
XP
Country
Spain

Please be so kind and tell us the Error code(s).
That helps a lot.:D

156736505774259768516.jpg
1567365161224-1839510511.jpg

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if this is a part of that bricking scene
@Zonark You mean the bricking apps that has been appearing?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Vilagamer999 Possible that RC24 may not work on 4.1, try asking in #support on the RC24 Discord Server.

http://web.archive.org/web/20190902...mmit/b65379a66cf932e6df9ec21b13f9c4e64145a893

Be careful out there guys.

MD5 check everything from here on in.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

[USER=452560]@Vilagamer999
Possible that RC24 may not work on 4.1, try asking in #support on the RC24 Discord Server.[/USER]

Thank you for your reference.:yay:

RiiConnect24 works with 4.1,for the Mail option you need Version 4.3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://web.archive.org/web/20190902...mmit/b65379a66cf932e6df9ec21b13f9c4e64145a893

Be careful out there guys.

MD5 check everything from here on in.

The First Error code from @Vilagamer999 is strange...I never read or heard of them.:(

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: KiiWii

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I used the official download page...
And I followed this yt tutorial:

As you can see on 1:00 min this guide is sadly outdated.....

I hope you have used the latest Release of the Patcher.:(
RiiConnect24-Patcher v1.0.8

and use please the OFFICIAL Guide/Manual from
https://wii.guide/riiconnect24

I recommend you please do it again Step by Step.Thank you.:)

Instructions
Section I - Patching IOS
Do you have any problems with installing RiiConnect24 or do you want to ask us something? E-mail us at: [email protected]!

If you want to see detailed instructions on how to install patched IOS and Everybody Votes and Nintendo Channel after you download them, click here!

You will now patch your IOS, IOS31 and IOS80. This is required to use the Channels we support to change an RSA key used to sign the files, and contains some patches for Wii Mail. You also will download a patched version of the Everybody Votes Channel.

1. Download the required files based on your OS. On Windows run RiiConnect24Patcher.bat, on Linux and MacOS run patch.sh.
  2. Follow the instructions it gives you. Upon it finishing [on macOS and Linux, skip for Windows], copy the WAD folder to your SD Card.
  3. You should get the Everybody Votes Channel and Nintendo Channel. It needs to be installed even if you already have the Everybody Votes Channel/Nintendo Channel on your Wii, because you will need a patched WAD you reinstall with.
  4. (If RiiConnect24 Patcher copied everything to the SD Card, you can skip this step) Extract Wii Mod Lite, and then copy it to the apps folder on your SD Card. Do the same for Mail-Patcher.
  5. Put your SD Card in your Wii.
  6. Launch the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.
  7. Launch Wii Mod Lite.
  8. Using the +Control Pad on your Wii Remote, navigate to WAD Manager, and then navigate to the WAD folder.
  9. When IOS31.wad is highlighted, press +, then do the same for IOS80.wad, Everybody Votes Channel and the Nintnedo Channel WAD.
  10. If you get an error saying a title with a higher version is already installed (error -1035), go back to the WAD selection menu and press - on the highlighted Everybody Votes Channel/Nintendo Channel WAD, then try installing it again.
  11. After they are successfully installed, press the HOME Button to exit back to the Homebrew Channel.
Section II - Patching nwc24msg.cfg
You will now patch your nwc24msg.cfg file which is required in order to use Wii Mail.

1. Launch RiiConnect24 Mail Patcher.
  2. It should only take a few seconds to patch your nwc24msg.cfg. When it’s done, press HOME to exit.
If the previous step failed with an “net_get_status: -24 - Couldn’t request the data: -24” error, please check the internet connection on your Wii.

If you were unable to patch your nwc24msg.cfg correctly, e-mail us at [email protected].

Section III - Connecting
You need to set your DNS in order to get the Forecast and News Channel to point to our servers. This DNS is also useful if you want to play Wiimmfi.

1. Go to Wii Options.
    Internet_1.png
  2. Go to Wii Settings.
    Internet_2.png
  3. Go to Page 2, then click on Internet.
    Internet_3.png
  4. Go to Connection Settings.
    Internet_4.png
  5. Select your current connection.
    Internet_5.png
  6. Go to Change Settings.
    Internet_6.png
  7. Go to Auto-Obtain DNS (Not IP Address), then select No, then Advanced Settings.
    Internet_7.png
  8. Type in 164.132.44.106 as the primary DNS.
    Internet_8.png
  9. Type in 8.8.8.8 as the secondary DNS (You can also try 1.1.1.1, however it just came out and might cause problems).
    Internet_9.png
  10. Select Confirm, then select Save.
    Internet_10.png
  11. Select OK to perform a connection test.
    Internet_11.png
  12. If the connection test was successful, select No to skip the Wii System Update.
    Internet_12.png
  13. Go to WiiConnect24, then WiiConnect24 again, and make sure it is enabled.
    Internet_13.png
    Internet_14.png
    Internet_15.png
  14. Back on the WiiConnect24 menu, go to Standby Connection and make sure it is enabled.
    Internet_16.png
    Internet_17.png
    Internet_18.png
  15. At Slot Illumination, we recommend you set the disc light to Dim or Bright, but this is optional.
    Internet_19.png
    Internet_20.png
    Internet_22.png
  16. Finally, go to the Internet section, then User Agreements or Agreement/Contact, then Yes.
    Please read through this and don’t skip through it. This contains important stuff about RiiConnect24 as a service!
    Internet_23.png
    Internet_24.png
If you get error 107245, then you probably have failed to patch your IOS correctly.

If you get error FORE000006, you might want to follow this tutorial to fix it. (This doesn’t work with NEWS000006).

[If you’re getting errors such as a WiiConnect24 and Wii Shop Channel currently not being offered in your country, please go to Wii Settings -> Last Page -> Country and change it to United Kingdom. You will get this error when using a country that we don’t support. Contact us at [email protected] if you need more help.

If you’re getting errors such as a discontinued message when opening the News or Forecast Channel, we have some instructions that might fix it.

Good Luck.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can i send emails using riiconnect24? i wanna turn on my blue led ^^

Yes.please read the Manual above or from the original Link
https://wii.guide/get-started

carefully and in peace to do not miss a Step:

Section II - Patching nwc24msg.cfg
You will now patch your nwc24msg.cfg file which is required in order to use Wii Mail.

Please note,your Wii´s System Version should be 4.3.
Otherwise the Mail Function does not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1