Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've noticed this for a while, never mentioned anything about it though.

When using the rich text editor to enter plain text or bbcode tagged text (so, still not rich text), everything works fine.

As soon as you type a sentence, and Ctrl-B to bold or anything else that changes the text format, assoon as you backspace, it takes you to the beginning of the last word of the previous format. Same thing applies for typing a sentence in bold, unbolding, typing a few letters, and backspacing.

Test it yourself and see if it happens - Type something out, change to bold, press a few keys, then backspace. Where does your cursor end up?

Chrome Beta 19.0.1084.36 beta-m

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't replicate it in firefox and I am far too lazy to fire up the web development VM or laptop right now. Are you sure you do not have a sticky control key or "press once" aka stickykeys* control buttons set (control tending to mean entire words when text editors appear)? Simple test being use the mouse to make something bold instead.

*unless you disabled it press shift 5 times on windows and I believe macs and options should pop up, not sure what various linux/BSD systems use off hand.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's a bug with CKEditor itself: http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/8617
It only applies to Google Chrome.

There seems to be a patch to fix it, but we need to wait for IPS to apply it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.