RGH Help

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not see FSD.xex when I launch XEX 1.1 from stock xbox menu....it may be because I somehow defaulted the search option to hdd1:\Games\ so it's only showing obviously games

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's a button mapping somewhere. you may have to stay idle on one of the screens. I think the bumper buttons shift between them. it's most likely somewhere else or named something else, but I'm sure it will be obvious once you find it.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FSD is more geared towards just games, Aurora is kinda bloated with a lot of features that you may or may not want. I think it has voice commands, though FS3 might as well. I use FSD2.

ahhh, i'll stick to FSD then.

I see my launch.ini on the external drive when I open xex 1.1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's good. you can just put a fresh FSD on your external, which is where I keep it, if you can't find the original, then put that location under default in the launch.ini. it should boot up then. if you want to get into the original dash, you can by booting xbox home and holding the right bumper button iirc.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT IT!

It's hdd1:\Freestyle3\default.xex

Do I update this on the flash drive?

Or do I need to do something with my internal hard drive? (or is the problem the internal hard drive)

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problem. put that location under default. I'm not sure if you need hdd1 or just hdd though. I think the latter works, possibly both. I just have usb for my drive.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, each FSD has updates in itself, so it's the latest FSD version, but may need to be updated. I'm not sure what latest is for FSD3 as I don't use it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, you might be able to update in FS3 itself. I know you can in FSD2, but the servers may be down, but you can copy and paste/overwrite files if you need to do so after finding the latest version online. the latest version is most likely 1000-something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can see your version in freestyle dash by going into the tile that lists the coders. I forgot the name of it, but it's at the far right of one of the lists.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so riddle me this....

Using the controller, I went to shut down console.

Counted to 30.

Tried to turn the console on again from the controller....and now nothing is booting agian...still have the flash drive inserted.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you did, I'd suggest unplugging the console, holding the power button for about 30 seconds, then replugging it in. that will power cycle the console and flush the memory.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unplug, hold power button for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. if that doesn't work, my guess is that it's a hardware problem, possibly with the glitch chip. I'd think if it was a software problem, it wouldn't have booted at all.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't save anything on the USB and the launch.ini is unchanged on it, just unplug and reboot. If you changed anything including the default pathway, delete the whole ini file and recreate it with the info_launch file again. Basically the same thing you did last time

Reactions: godreborn

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got pulled onto a work call so can't test atm...

If it's hardware problem....
1) The crew that you pinged...do they do repairs?
2) Are parts still avaliable?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4