RGH Help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, you can flash the system in xell if that's the problem, so you should be okay. I think you're supposed to put the updflash.bin on the root of a flash drive, and it will detect it. I hope you have a flash backup somewhere.

Reactions: brickmii82

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, you can flash the system in xell if that's the problem, so you should be okay. I think you're supposed to put the updflash.bin on the root of a flash drive, and it will detect it. I hope you have a flash backup somewhere.

hah, unfortunately I do not. Someone else set all of this up for me, and I purchased it online from them, so I do not have any backups or anything around.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you can dump the flash from within xell, so that could be a problem. as for dashlaunch, you can inject the latest version with the nand patcher, so you don't have to google it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@brickmii82 might know if there's a way to dump the flash through xell, but I don't know if you'll be able to generate a new flash from it. there's a way to use a donor nand if the nand is corrupted beyond repair, but I don't know anything about it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be possible to install dashlaunch through xell, but I'm not sure. your best bet to find it standalone is a site called realmodscene. I have an account there, so I'll take a look. I think the latest is 3.21. @DinohScene should be made part of this thread.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to load xex files in xell, but it may be as simple as putting it on the root of your flash drive. if that doesn't work, try removing the files and putting them on the root. and, if that doesn't work, wait for someone else to respond.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the latest but it's what I have in my archives. Rename the info_launch to just launch and put it on a USB. Try booting it up with the USB in and the launch file on the USB. If you have to reflash, you should read up on the process and programs to be used or send it out if you're not comfortable with that level of troubleshooting. You can semi-brick it and it's most likely salvageable as it is right now without having to build a nand from scratch.
I'm pretty sure that's the latest.

Reactions: brickmii82

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, dashlaunch adds launch.xex and helper.xex to the flash, if something is wrong with dashlaunch, it could indeed cause the console not to boot.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, exactly. Past that, I would do some researching on flashing the nand from xell or have someone look at it, depending on your comfort level.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay cool.

What format do I need to have my usb drive in for the xbox to read it?

I'll try this first...and if it fails...i'll post back on here :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fat32, btw, I thought the launch.ini you want was called sample_launch.ini instead of info_launch.ini unless they renamed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Kirbydogs, wut