RGH Help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dashlaunch should be pretty easy to use. it will detect your firmware, then ask if you want to install it. hit okay or whatever it says and done. the only problem is I'm not sure how to reinstall it if it's detected.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I was mistaken.
Well, not exactly. The other will work but it won't make any adjustments to any other parameters other than what has values assigned in the .ini file. So if you have a bad default opening path but nothing to change it, it will still try going to that bad default opening path.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the launch.ini on external will supersede the one on internal, in case you have one there, so you don't have to worry about something like that. I assume it's a failsafe in case something is catastrophically wrong.

Reactions: brickmii82

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not exactly. The other will work but it won't make any adjustments to any other parameters other than what has values assigned in the .ini file. So if you have a bad default opening path but nothing to change it, it will still try going to that bad default opening path.
it's possible it was the one to use way back when. I've been using dashlaunch since 2.xx, when it would use older files if they hadn't been deleted causing a soft-brick. op, that error has been fixed, so don't worry about it.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc, the launch.ini on external will supersede the one on internal, in case you have one there, so you don't have to worry about something like that. I assume it's a failsafe in case something is catastrophically wrong.
That's exactly why they did the read order the way they did. Ask anyone that ever used a stealth server plugin lol, more brick city than New Jersey.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly why they did the read order the way they did. Ask anyone that ever used a stealth server plugin lol, more brick city than New Jersey.
the vita is the same way. that's why I suggest people put a fresh config.txt on ux0 in case something is corrupted with the inaccessible ur0.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered also that I can scroll over to games, and launch XEX MENU 1.1 and get to my games that way.

Does this mean it's an issue with FSD?

Or what do I need to do so that it ALWAYS boots up immediately like this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay plugging in flash drive with the launch.ini and booting up xbox it IMMEDIATELY booted into (sorry for my bad terminology here) the "standard" xbox dash (not fsd)
that's right. you need to have default set to FSD or Aurora, then you should be good. put the directory listing in there. if you don't know it, put xex menu on a flash drive or burn the disc. it's read as a demo, so it will work even without a flashed drive, probably for this very reason. then go into it, and search for your FSD or Aurora folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just remembered also that I can scroll over to games, and launch XEX MENU 1.1 and get to my games that way.

Does this mean it's an issue with FSD?

Or what do I need to do so that it ALWAYS boots up immediately like this?
no, use xex menu to find FSD or Aurora, then use that path in default under boot or whatever it's called in the launch.ini.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's here in the launch.ini (this is mine, so find where yours is located):

1660752005181.png
1660752006276.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aurora/FSD -> is one more stable than the other? I've used FSD since the beginning but doesn't mean it's the best :D
FSD is more geared towards just games, Aurora is kinda bloated with a lot of features that you may or may not want. I think it has voice commands, though FS3 might as well. I use FSD2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol