nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dropped out of the flashcart game years ago. I currently have an AK2 and an iTouchDS and my old DSLite friend. I show up here to find out what firmware I should be running, and there's this fancy AKAIO out there, and now I'm lost. AK is open source? I didn't remember that ...

In short, is that the firmware I should get loaded on my AK2 for maximum compatibility/performance?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AKAIO is pretty much the main and only firmware for AK2. Unfortunately AKAIO has been abandoned since 2012 so 1.9.0 is as far as you'll get with it.

nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DS (not DSi or 3DS) was discontinued in 2007, so that's not really a problem. It's not an AK2i and I don't own a DSi, so it sounds like the AKAIO is the probably way to go!

I think my confusion came because the Ultimate Flashcart Download Index doesn't list the AKAIO for the AK2, it lists the 4.23 firmware from AK. Still go with AKAIO?

Thanks!

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DS (not DSi or 3DS) was discontinued in 2007, so that's not really a problem. It's not an AK2i and I don't own a DSi, so it sounds like the AKAIO is the probably way to go!

I think my confusion came because the Ultimate Flashcart Download Index doesn't list the AKAIO for the AK2, it lists the 4.23 firmware from AK. Still go with AKAIO?

Thanks!
Yes, go with AKAIO, even the Acekard team it self recommends it over their own firmware. If you had visited the acekard website you would have found out too.
6dbBM.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...