true%20swing%20golf%20DS%20BOX.jpg

Contents:
1. Introduction / Story
2. Gameplay
3. Graphics and Sound
4. Replay
5. Conclusion

Introduction / Story
Golf, a fun game no matter what your age is, but how will it work with the DS’ touch screen? How will a stylus be used in golf? Read on to find out!

In True Swing Golf, there is no real story, just the dream of your character trying to be the best golfer in the world by winning dozens of tournaments.

true-swing-golf-20060123094556054.jpg

Gameplay – 9
Gameplay and controls are one of the most important factors in a video game. What’s the point of playing a game if the controls are worse than smelling a skunk? But True Swing Golf, by far, has the best control system for golfing on the DS. You get to use your stylus to swing your club, just like in real life! Depending on where you hit the ball, it all factors in and contributes to how far and where it lands. If you miss the ball, just like in real life, you will whiff it and you will lose a turn. It’s really good that the developers of True Swing Golf took the potential of the touch-screen and kicked it up a notch.

There are many modes that allows you to practice in different places, and you can unlock these different places by winning championships in single player mode. There is also multiplayer mode with DS download that I have yet to try out.

You can also customize your character and equipment with the money you get from winning championships. There are many clothing types from plain t-shirts to polos that your character can wear. I really liked this feature and it gave me a sense of feeling that it was me in the game.

Graphics and Sound - 9
The graphics are pretty good as the characters are 3D although they could’ve been smoother in my opinion, but they totally get the job done. The animations are fluid and I really enjoyed watching my guy leap in joy after getting a birdie. The terrain on the golf courses are absolutely astonishing.

Sound-wise, True Swing Golf is pretty good, although there are no announcers of any sort. The music is pretty trendy and the sound effects, especially when you hit the ball are right on!

true-swing-golf-20060123094555429.jpg

Replay – 8
True Swing Golf is loads of fun, and you can always replay it. The harder levels are actually really hard and even my friends have difficulty. There are many things to do, and you can always send the data off your card to play with other friends through DS download =D.

Conclusion
True Swing Golf is definitely a very good and solid golfing game on the DS that takes the touch-screen to another level. There’s much to do and replay ability is excellent. I highly recommend this to everyone that has a DS and likes golf.

FINAL SCORE = 8.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1