Hacking Reverse Engineering the Switch Pro Controller Wired mode

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would the wired controllers be able to be wireless at some point? Just wondering and would like to know because wondering if I should get a wired pro controller.

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to emulate the wired controller on a switch. I figure its easiest to copy the wii u pro, does anyone have a descriptor table on what the OS accepts. I noticed just setting the vendor and device to 0x057e/0x0337 allows the device to work a bit better then some other vendor/device ID but not enough to make it recognize as a usb device. If I do not use 0x057e/0x0337 the usb host rejects its completly.

Reactions: Creatable

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Trying to emulate the wired controller on a switch. I figure its easiest to copy the wii u pro, does anyone have a descriptor table on what the OS accepts. I noticed just setting the vendor and device to 0x057e/0x0337 allows the device to work a bit better then some other vendor/device ID but not enough to make it recognize as a usb device. If I do not use 0x057e/0x0337 the usb host rejects its completly.
What do you mean? The wii U pro doesn't work via usb

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori pro style controllers and most all wii-u style controller work. Maybe I should have said wired usb controller.

TAUSENN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hori pro style controllers and most all wii-u style controller work. Maybe I should have said wired usb controller.
You are confusing wiiU pro with switch pro controllers, there were no wired wiiu pro controllers, hori made those controllers that connect to the wii remote and the POKKEN pad, that one was the only wired one but it is nothing like the wiiu pro, it doesnt even have sticks.

There were of course many third party and knock off wiiu pros, but none of them work on the switch, likewise, no switch controller works on the wiiu

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I see, my aim is just to figure out what controllers work wired and emulate that with an adapter I make. The goal being to use my adapter over usb. I'd need to get the descriptor tables for a controller that works. Looking for usb 1.1 as that is what my controller uses. I did look at the hori controller but its full speed 2.0. This is just general research. If anyone has a usb controller that the switch works with please let me know, cheaper the better.
Thx for the info Tusenn.

What I know so far is that my vin/pid pair is rejected my the host USB but putting in the vid/pid of a wiiu controller it was accepted by the host. Although I was not able to send data. MY guess is they whitelist certain IDs.

Last edited by ulao,

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i know, incredibly old topic and i didnt write in ages, but i was thinking about using some backwards engineering for something completely different, and thought i might aswell ask here, first.

There are a lot of Third-Party controllers for the switch by now, which means people have figured out the exact packages to simulate it in wired mode.
What i am, at some point trying to archieve would be a way to route a pc-connected controller to my switch via an application.

And i know what you guys are thinking: If the Switch is in proximity anyways, and you got working controllers for it, why the hassle?
Well, there is, if you heard of it, a Remote-Streaming- and Access-Software called Parsec, which enables people to play your local coop games with you over the web with decently low latency, and i've got a equally low-latency capture-card.

So i was thinking, why not combine both and have people play switchgames with me from their PC?
For that one would "only" need a software to read XInput Controller-Inputs and pass them, if possible via Bluetooth, but as an acceptable compromise from USB on PC to USB on the Switch as Procon-Signals.
However, from what i can tell from some documentation on Google, neither simulating a Switch Controller from Software on anything but a dedicated Device for it, nor using PC USB as an OUTPUT with a fake device Signature, has ever been done so far.
Anyone got an idea or maybe the skills to archieve this or at least build some stepping-stones?

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: