Homebrew Reverse engineering Nintendo Network!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually you have done pretty much nothing. It's like downloading Ida pro and thinking you can hack everything because you have the right tool. But hey if you know what you're doing, as you say... good luck
There's also this. I suggest reading up on Yifan Lu's writeup on emulating the system transfer process and see what an arduous task that was. I'm not dismissing you, OP, but you have quite the road ahead of you.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Deleted User

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, first and foremost, I seriously recommend you familiarize yourself with the concept of punctuation and grammar in general. That just makes me think I'm listening to somebody that did a bump of coke. Second, Gmod wasn't the first HL2 mod, or even Source engine mod for that matter. They also HAD PERMISSION FROM VALVE TO MONETIZE IT. Again, Nintendo has every right to go after fan creations that use their assets without permission. Their policies protect their assets, and aren't designed to screw over fans that go through proper channels. And no, I'm not blowing Nintendo. If some independent group released "Half-life 3" you can bet your ass VALVe's legal team would be all over that.
sorry for the rambling and poor grammar im pretty tired anyways when did i say gmod was the first half life 2 mod?
also nintendo tried to take down a game that had nothing from any of there property's just a similar set up to fire emblem they abuse copyright and its not going to help there dying console division
also valve asked garry to monetize it as far as i know not the other way around anyways i think we should stop this we have derailed this thread for long enough don't you agree?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the rambling and poor grammar im pretty tired anyways when did i say gmod was the first half life 2 mod?
also nintendo tried to take down a game that had nothing from any of there property's just a similar set up to fire emblem they abuse copyright and its not going to help there dying console division
also valve asked garry to monetize it as far as i know not the other way around anyways i think we should stop this we have derailed this thread for long enough don't you agree?
Is the RTS scheme of Fire Emblem proprietary to Nintendo? They could have that trademarked, but meh, I do agree. We can move on.

D

Deleted User

Is the RTS scheme of Fire Emblem proprietary to Nintendo? They could have that trademarked, but meh, I do agree. We can move on.
How would you even check if something like that is trademarked?

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not many other games have used it they were just attacking the company because they were small and inspired by the series honestly i think whats going to kill nintendo is there disregard for every other company and person ever they have been pulling these scumbag tactics since the nes days and now its really starting to bite there asses being that next to no 3rd party devs will work with them

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the patent office of your country, or wherever it may be held. Companies have trademarked weirder things (see Apple v. Samsung over the rounded square icon design).
except this is a videogame type and therefore is much harder if not impossible to trade mark it would be like trying to trademark a film genera

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
except this is a videogame type and therefore is much harder if not impossible to trade mark it would be like trying to trademark a film genera
If the genre were a complete niche then yeah, somebody technically could patent it. Apple tried to patent the word "cloud" (they may have by now), and there are much dumber ones everywhere. Nintendo wouldn't be able to patent the RTS genre itself, but if their particular design derived from it was entirely proprietary, then sure.

Reactions: Deleted User

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the genre were a complete niche then yeah, somebody technically could patent it. Apple tried to patent the word "cloud" (they may have by now), and there are much dumber ones everywhere. Nintendo wouldn't be able to patent the RTS genre itself, but if their particular design derived from it was entirely proprietary, then sure.
even for a niche it would be a real struggle and most governments would refuse it as an attempt to monopolize something

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So, you've discovered a nintendo IP and sent 19 bytes to them with no response.
Achievement unlocked:

Actually you have done pretty much nothing. It's like downloading Ida pro and thinking you can hack everything because you have the right tool. But hey if you know what you're doing, as you say... good luck

Jesus Christ... I love how this community motivates people trying to share anything, to run away.

Reactions: WeedZ

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Excellent! Now that's progress with reverse engineering Nintendo Network. We know the Nintendo Network for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS servers are not going to last forever. I'm not even sure who actually hosts the Nintendo Network gaming servers. But every step of the way in research, development and reconstruction of the network will help with building a custom online network with an accounting system as well. ^^

And in the future, I'd love to see some reverse engineering on DeNA's servers as well for Nintendo Switch. And when that happens, we'll be seeing many people dodging the mandatory subscription fees for online multiplayer. Muahahahahaha! xD

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
And in the future, I'd love to see some reverse engineering on DeNA's servers as well for Nintendo Switch. And when that happens, we'll be seeing many people dodging the mandatory subscription fees for online multiplayer. Muahahahahaha! xD

But that's just theft, no other way to look at it, running a server isn't free y'know? If they are going to spend money on good servers for better multiplayer the least we can do is pay them back for listening

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
But that's just theft, no other way to look at it, running a server isn't free y'know? If they are going to spend money on good servers for better multiplayer the least we can do is pay them back for listening

I think they mean just replicating the server themselves, so Nintendo isn't getting any extra server load someone else is, I'm actually half expecting to find out that everything is still p2p and the premium cost is just to cover that 1 month snes/nes game rental :P

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
I think they mean just replicating the server themselves, so Nintendo isn't getting any extra server load someone else is, I'm actually half expecting to find out that everything is still p2p and the premium cost is just to cover that 1 month snes/nes game rental :P
No look at what I quoted, the person said they wanted to dodge nintendos subscription price by reverse engineering the servers. I think they learned their lesson with freeshop and the 3ds and won't let just anything connect and download any file the client wants and actually have a sofisticated system like every other CDN has. If they haven't we should start seeing titles under 0006000 in NUS

Last edited by KevinX8,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
No look at what I quoted, the person said they wanted to dodge nintendos subscription price by reverse engineering the servers. I think they learned their lesson with freeshop and the 3ds and won't let just anything connect and download any file the client wants and actually have a sofisticated system like every other CDN has

yeah to reverse engineer and dodge the fees could also mean he wants public version for free......but either way I doubt any of those things will be happening at least for a very very long time,

although the whole freeshop stuff was just stupid on Nintendo's side

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah to reverse engineer and dodge the fees could also mean he wants public version for free......but either way I doubt any of those things will be happening at least for a very very long time,

although the whole freeshop stuff was just stupid on Nintendo's side
Lol yeah free public servers sure, the people making the servers would still have to pay the same amount as nintendo is so I doubt they could provide for free unless it was a billionaire hosting it. I've seen claims from people managing to download files from switch titles on NUS so maybe they haven't learnt anything and are still using the same servers for their CDN

Last edited by KevinX8,

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen claims from people managing to download files from switch titles on NUS so maybe they haven't learnt anything and are still using the same servers for their CDN

its nintendo the wii u can't even read dvds you really expect them to do anything intelligent?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've seen claims from people managing to download files from switch titles on NUS so maybe they haven't learnt anything and are still using the same servers for their CDN

honestly wouldn't surprise me.....although as long as the system remains unhacked the fact people can downloads encrypted files is kinda pointless.

I guess there is still time for a rework of the system if things ever start to look like they are going the way of the wiiu and 3ds and add a crude authentication step

but yeah...Nintendo....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)