Homebrew RELEASE Return From Castle Wolfenstein

capsterx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played through a couple of levels on normal and the port itself is great overall, but playing this game on a controller (joycons esp) without any aim assist is a nightmare (may be i should've started on easy tho). Also it lags like hell in open wide areas and especially when there is a lot of shooting going on simultaneously (even with decent OC cpu usage is pretty much always ~80-90%). After dozens of attempts and constant save/loading i eventually gave up during mission 3..

There are a few things I can do to make it faster (arm8 qvm direct running, overclock switch, compile code directly into binary natively). I assume that it is possible to add aim-assist, but I'm not really sure right now where to add such. Does anyone know if the vista port has aim assist or similar? From a google search I see the play station 2 official seems to have it, but I don't thing that is open source.

Reactions: cucholix

JagdMAISter

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Not able to load up this game unfortunately.

Get the following in the crashlog:

iortcw 1.51d-SP_GIT_beafefdb-2020-11-16 GNU- Nov 19 2020
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
romfs:/main
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/sp_rend2_shaders0.pk3 (5 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/sp_pak4.pk3 (21 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/sp_pak3.pk3 (14 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/sp_pak2.pk3 (232 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/sp_pak1.pk3 (1342 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main/pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
sdmc:/switch/iowolfsp//main

----------------------
6389 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn't exec wolfconfig.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Unknown command "in_joystick^7"
Unknown command "in_restart^7"
Unknown command "in_joystickuseanalog^7"
Hunk data failed to allocate 256 megs

This isnt an issue with using exfat is it?

You need to use title override (hold R on a game on your homescreen) in order to run the game.
Thats the way it worked for me.

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, the short of it is that while the key presses were done per context (ui/game/console) the mouse movement and touch settings were being stored globally, which was a bug. So the rstick movement in game context was generating mouse movement and clicks as a bleed over from the ui/console having set them. See if this works better.

I was not experiencing this because my config for some reason had the mouse click set to zoom out.
Great seems to work on AMS 13.2.1 thanks!

L33t_Switch_User

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few things I can do to make it faster (arm8 qvm direct running, overclock switch, compile code directly into binary natively). I assume that it is possible to add aim-assist, but I'm not really sure right now where to add such.
So I was able to build the game from the source code, but unfortunately it's only for windows. I want to build the switch version, so I can grab the .nso file, to try making an installable nsp (for personal use). Could you share an .nso file for the latest release? Thanks again for posting this game!

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a rather nice port despite a few quirks. I guess no further work was pursued on it because of the messy source code? A shame though. Best I can tell this was a PC only game release.

greenchili2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never gave it too much time cus of long load times but overclocking could possibly help that a little maybe?

Does it even work on newer firmwares?

Yeah it still works. I have the overclocking set and it helps with the load speeds. Overclocking has helped with load speeds on Unreal, Open RCT 2 and Open TT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-