Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

puszcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You did amazing work. This seems much cleaner than laucher from my cart. I`m using R4iSDHC DualCore : www.r4isdhc.com that supports RTS. Is you software supports it to?

Will be any improvement in batery life using your software than original form my flashcard?

Last edited by puszcza,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did amazing work. This seems much cleaner than laucher from my cart. I`m using R4iSDHC DualCore : www.r4isdhc.com that supports RTS. Is you software supports it to?

Will be any improvement in batery life using your software than original form my flashcard?
The battery life is the same, and there is no RTS. However, it does support different games and it doesn't force you to update your firmware after a while...

puszcza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So when I find a game that my FW doestn support I will check this.
What do you mean by force to update FW? I didnt notice this problem, I`m using v3.9b.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I find a game that my FW doestn support I will check this.
What do you mean by force to update FW? I didnt notice this problem, I`m using v3.9b.
Let's say your card is no longer supported after a couple years of updates. After a set amount of time, the card will not allow you to use it without setting the date back.

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I wasn't 100% happy with skins I found so I decided to take screenshots of the DS home menu with an emulator and build a skin around it. I'm not 100% sure if I have the colours right in YSMenu.ini but I think it looks pretty good. Critique welcome.
QkWioTf.png
ylg6pjo.png
Download: http://filetrip.net/dl?BWaY4Y9Sj8
The file has been corrupted could you reupload this please?

ShinraTenseiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with YsMenu. I've been trying to fix it and it's the one game I frequently play. The US version of Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2011 hangs. I'm using the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS that I bought from NDS-card. Everything else works except that game on YsMenu. It works perfectly on the original firmware.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with YsMenu. I've been trying to fix it and it's the one game I frequently play. The US version of Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2011 hangs. I'm using the R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS that I bought from NDS-card. Everything else works except that game on YsMenu. It works perfectly on the original firmware.
YSMenu doesn't work on some games, especially DSi-enhanced titles. One example of this would Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2, which has issues saving. My recommendation is to dual-boot the firmware. You can easily use the original R4.dat and YSMenu.nds, or you could rename R4.dat to "R4.nds" and boot YSMenu primarily. Even though this sometimes causes issues...

ShinraTenseiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu doesn't work on some games, especially DSi-enhanced titles. One example of this would Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2, which has issues saving. My recommendation is to dual-boot the firmware. You can easily use the original R4.dat and YSMenu.nds, or you could rename R4.dat to "R4.nds" and boot YSMenu primarily. Even though this sometimes causes issues...

Is there a reason to use YSMenu then? I wanted to replace the original firmware with it but if it doesn't work properly, I might as well stick with the original firmware.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason to use YSMenu then? I wanted to replace the original firmware with it but if it doesn't work properly, I might as well stick with the original firmware.
That's not what I'm saying at all! It works great! It just has some trouble with DSi-Enhanced games on some cards... However, I would primary boot YSMenu because the original firmware has a timebomb in it... It will not work after a certain date, but it is removed if you set the date back. So, here are my suggestions:

1. Dual-Boot the original firmware (Primary) and YSMenu (Secondary) until the day comes that you have to use option 2
2. Primary boot YSMenu, and have the original firmware as an nds file that you can launch (For DSi-Enhanced games, Sometimes doesn't work right)
3. Get a Class 10 micro SDHC (sometimes helps some cards run DSi-Enhanced games, didn't work for me :sad:)

There are my suggestions. If you go with the first method, let me know so I can teach you how to assign YSMenu to the multi-media button (makes dual-booting easier.) Let me know if you have any questions, as this is can be a lot to take in.

Reactions: Vol_M

ShinraTenseiX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what I'm saying at all! It works great! It just has some trouble with DSi-Enhanced games on some cards... However, I would primary boot YSMenu because the original firmware has a timebomb in it... It will not work after a certain date, but it is removed if you set the date back. So, here are my suggestions:

1. Dual-Boot the original firmware (Primary) and YSMenu (Secondary) until the day comes that you have to use option 2
2. Primary boot YSMenu, and have the original firmware as an nds file that you can launch (For DSi-Enhanced games, Sometimes doesn't work right)
3. Get a Class 10 micro SDHC (sometimes helps some cards run DSi-Enhanced games, didn't work for me :sad:)

There are my suggestions. If you go with the first method, let me know so I can teach you how to assign YSMenu to the multi-media button (makes dual-booting easier.) Let me know if you have any questions, as this is can be a lot to take in.
I don't mind using YSmenu. I prefer to use YsMenu, but my main problem is that I can't play Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2011 and it's a game I frequent a lot. So I just decided to stick to the original firmware. I read on Reddit that the flashcart I have doesn't have the timebomb thing, which is why I bought it. I also mainly bought it because I wanted to use the DS Forwarders, but they also use YsMenu so I'm kind of stuck. If I can just get YGO WC 2011 to work properly, I would always use YsMenu, even as my primary firmware.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind using YSmenu. I prefer to use YsMenu, but my main problem is that I can't play Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2011 and it's a game I frequent a lot. So I just decided to stick to the original firmware. I read on Reddit that the flashcart I have doesn't have the timebomb thing, which is why I bought it. I also mainly bought it because I wanted to use the DS Forwarders, but they also use YsMenu so I'm kind of stuck. If I can just get YGO WC 2011 to work properly, I would always use YsMenu, even as my primary firmware.
Well, you can dual-boot...

SparrowPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I tried it but it didn't work. Then i saw the thread with the pre patched .dat u are talking about and now it works. Thanks anyway. It's way better to use YSmenu for me since the stock kernel doesn't soft reset properly on some pokemon games. With YSmenu everything works. Also Black and White 1 2 all save properly with me so there's no issues that im aware at the moment of using my R4 or original cartridges which is just what I wanted.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it but it didn't work. Then i saw the thread with the pre patched .dat u are talking about and now it works. Thanks anyway. It's way better to use YSmenu for me since the stock kernel doesn't soft reset properly on some pokemon games. With YSmenu everything works. Also Black and White 1 2 all save properly with me so there's no issues that im aware at the moment of using my R4 or original cartridges which is just what I wanted.
Really? My card is very similar to yours, it's from r4isdhc.com. For some reason, my stock kernel works great! YSMenu is better, but on my card, DSi-Enhanced games (such as Pokemon Black and Black 2) don't work properly... Anyways, glad to hear your card works, happy gaming!

SparrowPT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
My stock kernel would work just fine if i wasn't a tryhard shiny hunter that wants to spare every second on a soft reset as possible. Normal soft resetting wouldn't work, but I could reset back to the kernel and then to the game. But that wastes a lot of time so YSmenu all the way. Also, its more clean, it shows up my games folder right away, no unnecesssary multimedia stuff on the menu, and is faster than stock. As for now im happy. Thanks and have a good day.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My stock kernel would work just fine if i wasn't a tryhard shiny hunter that wants to spare every second on a soft reset as possible. Normal soft resetting wouldn't work, but I could reset back to the kernel and then to the game. But that wastes a lot of time so YSmenu all the way. Also, its more clean, it shows up my games folder right away, no unnecesssary multimedia stuff on the menu, and is faster than stock. As for now im happy. Thanks and have a good day.
No prob, glad to hear your happy with it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1