Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

Snorlax1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Snorlax1994
Please backup your microSD to your PC, FULL FORMAT with the Panasonic SD Formatter, reinstall firmware, download v6.70 and install. I have tested 5356 and it works.
So if I get it first format then use my orginal firmware on de sd card and last download 6.70 and put it on my sd card.

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
What?... I'm kinda confused. The new Professor is already out? But I haven't seen a scene release of it yet :/

Ah well, if it's in there, it's fixed. When I find it, I'll be sure to play it :)

elrosso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What?... I'm kinda confused. The new Professor is already out? But I haven't seen a scene release of it yet :/

Ah well, if it's in there, it's fixed. When I find it, I'll be sure to play it :)
I've got him, hopefully Layton will be fixed in RGF 6.70 release.

Thanx again RGF for your great work!

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
elrosso, version 6.70 is already out, Check above. That's what my doubt was.

But I quickly found that non-released ROM online, using google. THANKS retrogamefan!

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a errcode=-4 with Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Butouden (J)(kosheh ENG PATCHED v.53a). It worked fine while on 6.69.

empo07

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a doubt.
I own a R4 SDHC (sadly :() and started using your firmware like two weeks ago! but the problem is that I can't adjust the ligh from the DS because it automatically loads the YSMenu (I think). So I want to know if there's a way to stop it from loading or to adjust it once it's loaded?
Thanks for your work :)

Edit: Or could I just use the YSMenu for R4 Clones without any problem?

Noah_Skot_Owik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a doubt.
I own a R4 SDHC (sadly :() and started using your firmware like two weeks ago! but the problem is that I can't adjust the ligh from the DS because it automatically loads the YSMenu (I think). So I want to know if there's a way to stop it from loading or to adjust it once it's loaded?
Thanks for your work :)

Edit: Or could I just use the YSMenu for R4 Clones without any problem?

to adjust the brightness... boot the ds without flashcart, change the brightness as suit you, shut down the ds, put flash cart and load ys menu.. it should be at the same brightness as you set in the DS Menu... ;)

pangloss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
White? Are you sure?
Just downloaded http://down4.nds9.co...c-white1.30.zip
Code:
_DS_MENU.DAT
WOODR4.NDS

etc.
Looks like wood.
The two firmwares I listed were from the manufacturers website. I guess Wood is compatible.

You listed the firmware update package that contains a very old kernel (not able to play any game) while the "official" kernel to play games is a Wood 1.30 derivative.

I was not able to use RFG kernel on it, it seems what usually is called an Acekard clone, but I'm wondering if it could be said so as far as Acekard is an R4 clone... so a clone of a clone could be called just clone... :)

I already asked with no answer yet if RFG could work on have his kernel working on such clones that are very cheap, even cheaper than DSTT clones.

Pan

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@RGF

Dont forget to add all the fixed game on your list between your 6.69 and the 6.70
Because the 6.69 game list stopped with this game: "5839-X-Men - Destiny"

And the 6.70 start with this one: "5861-Natalie Brooks Mystery at Hillcrest High[E]"

So what is the game fixed between 5839 and 5861 ?

;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since