AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All i need now is Amiga and an Atari 7800 emu then I have everything I want. I have zero interest in psx/N64 emus or anything else from or after that era. A Philips CDI emu would be good just so I can experience the horror of the 3 Zelda games and hotel Mario once again lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,
D

Deleted User

I just looked through the list of Cores Retroarch has and we now have nearly all the best available. I never would have thought this a couple weeks ago. :) Big thanks to Rioray and Quarktheawesome..
The only other one is Amiga (or Dosbox, which should just be a matter of updating the Buildbot) :P
So what happens if/when those are added? I think it would be good (albeit pointless) to see if Mupen64, PCSX1 hell even Reicast Cores could be compiled.
I know they would run like toffee but just to see how bad they truly would be.
Those Cores don't have build targets for the WiiU though so it may not even be possible to Compile them but it would be interesting to see? and who knows perhaps it may shake loose someone willing to help with the Dynarec. heh. j/k

Either way once/if Amiga is added to the WiiU roster the only real thing left is Emulator stability? then I think we have an Emulator setup to rival the OG Xbox ;)
Where i can find the list of cores that retroarch has? and is there a list of cores for each system? (psp, wii u, vita, ps3 etc...)

Reactions: ploggy

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All i need now is Amiga and an Atari 7800 emu then I have everything I want. I have zero interest in psx/N64 emus or anything else from or after that era. A Philips CDI emu would be good just so I can experience the horror of the 3 Zelda games and hotel Mario once again lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Atari 7800. I THINK someone compiled a 7800 core months ago and it never got added to the buildbot, hard to remember now though. So that just leaves Amiga, Intellivision and 7800 as the main missing cores that would run well on the Wii U.

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

from_hell_with_love

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Sorry if this got asked before but the search didn't really help. I use SD for my vWii games and would like to use my SD for emulation as well. Does Fat32 work correclty? I read somewhere that Retroarch prefeers NTFS.

Dirtydubya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't checked in in a while. Is there a list of working MAME rom titles anywhere? It could have been a bad file, or build, but was never able to get The Main Event, for example, working.

Cheers!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will take a break and no access to devkitppc until monday.
then I will look closer at puae. the Semaphores are annoying need something like wii have. bad hack wiil be to bypass them but will lead to an buggy emulator.

9yYInwe.png
Please take your time there is no rush. it's nice know the good stuff is coming though :) and it's good to see a screenshot of Rick Dangerous 2 though ;)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I am correct that is just so that the app prints more detailed information about why the crash might have occurred so that the devs know what they are looking at exactly.

It is not a PR to fix the crashes themselves, but more of a debugger for when the crash happens.
The funny thing is I've been getting these errors for ages but today I was updating my playlists and my sd card corrupted, so I reformatted and started again and havent had a crash/error since.
Although I have only just starting testing..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ShadowOne333

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I rarely got dsi errors anymore, and when they appear it's always a problem on my end, bad dumped rom, incorrect romset, lack of bios, incorrect rom-core.

The most recurrent one is the Wii U memory error, it is totally random though.

Last edited by cucholix,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I rarely got dsi errors anymore, and when they appear it's always a problem on my end, bad dumped rom, incorrect romset, lack of bios, incorrect rom-core.

Those were the errors I have, 160 memory errors.. mostly when I change from one core to another.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That's the one I'm getting (memory one).
I haven't gotten any DSI exceptions in weeks since 1.6.0 I think, other than those of the now working Quake and NGP cores.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There was a compiled 7800 core (alongside Odyssey^2 core) a long time ago. They are still avalible in Homebrew App Store. I remember that 7800 worked pretty well.
Is anyone in possesion of these cores, but in ELF form? 7800, Odyssey, Vectrex, Virtual Jaguar.

Sorry if this got asked before but the search didn't really help. I use SD for my vWii games and would like to use my SD for emulation as well. Does Fat32 work correclty? I read somewhere that Retroarch prefeers NTFS.
Retroarch on Wii U doesn't even understand NTFS. FAT partitions only.

I must be really stupid. I'm using the latest nightly but i don't seem to find the option to enable my Pro Controller. Where is it?
Settings > Input. Assign it there.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These are the results of some tests trying to induce a DSI or Memory error by loading multiple Cores/Games on the trot.
These tests are done by loading a Core then loading two games one after another then moving to another Core and doing the same..

I managed to get through Amstrad, Atari 2600, Atari ST, WonderSwan, C64, C16, then got my first new DSI Error with FBA. :(
After a restart it went from FBA, MAME, TurboGrafx, then got a 160 - 2203 Memory error loading GBA :(
After a restart loaded GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES Memory error loading a second SNES rom.
After a restart loaded SNES, Master System, NEO-GEO Pocket and Genesis.

I did one get of @QuarkTheAwesome new fancy DSI error's lol

20170805_054049-jpg.94657

and another one :(
20170805_081302-jpg.94659

Attachments

• 20170805_054049.jpg
    20170805_054049.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 742
  • 20170805_081302.jpg
    20170805_081302.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 873
Last edited by ploggy,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
These are the results of some tests trying to induce a DSI or Memory error by loading multiple Cores/Games on the trot.
These tests are done by loading a Core then loading two games one after another then moving to another Core and doing the same..

I managed to get through Amstrad, Atari 2600, Atari ST, WonderSwan, C64, C16, then got my first new DSI Error with FBA. :(
After a restart it went from FBA, MAME, TurboGrafx, then got a 160 - 2203 Memory error loading GBA :(
After a restart loaded GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SNES Memory error loading a second SNES rom.
After a restart loaded SNES, Master System, NEO-GEO Pocket and Genesis.

I did one of @QuarkTheAwesome new fancy DSI error's lol

20170805_054049-jpg.94657
After the restart, did the core which failed previously fail again, or did it play just fine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong