Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mGBA is working now in the latest nightly?

@Marko76 are you checking the nightlies to see if TyrQuake has been fixed in any of the newest ones?

I loaded several ROMs in succession, so yes. I guess it was a good thing that I reported it.

The one from 2-1-2017? In the .xml does it list r3dd70df as the version? If so, I am downloading that version source code and retrying the cores I couldn't get to work before.

No idea, I didn't check, the XML files, I was specifically asked my Aliaspider to see if it worked, nothing more. Sorry >.>

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mGBA is working now in the latest nightly?

@Marko76 are you checking the nightlies to see if TyrQuake has been fixed in any of the newest ones?
I grabbed the latest stable builds as I noted 1.4.0 directory has builds from 2-1-2017 so used them instead of the nightlies. All are working pretty good now. mgba included.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed the latest stable builds as I noted 1.4.0 directory has builds from 2-1-2017 so used them instead of the nightlies. All are working pretty good now. mgba included.

Interesting, I grabbed the nightly build from then and it worked just as well, like I said, the issue was pretty serious.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So far, I have o2em, stella, and virtualjaguar all working. vecx still has a DSI error though. I'm going to work on a few more to add that aren't in the nightlies and get them working too.

BTW, I had never tried virtualjaguar before, but it runs pretty slow. I thought the emulation would be faster than that, it must need dynarec to run at the correct speed.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, I have o2em, stella, and virtualjaguar all working. vecx still has a DSI error though. I'm going to work on a few more to add that aren't in the nightlies and get them working too.

BTW, I had never tried virtualjaguar before, but it runs pretty slow. I thought the emulation would be faster than that, it must need dynarec to run at the correct speed.

Then let @aliaspider know, he needs to know what other cores are broken. If he doesn't know, how else will they ever be fixed?

You could try easily with the shareware file pak0.pak just to test it :P

I guess that's fair enough XD

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Could you compile blueMSX with WUPC and core selection support?

You could try easily with the shareware file pak0.pak just to test it
Still broken, exception DSI

Last edited by cucholix,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doom and Quake cores are not working.

Then report it here? https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

I don't get why people are reporting broken cores on here, but not filing GitHub reports on the issues page. If they want them resolved, they have to be reported.:ph34r: How else are the devs going to be able to fix it?

I would have added an addendum on the report I made, but it has since been closed, so a new issue report must be filed. The issue won't fix itself XD

Last edited by the_randomizer,

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Could you compile blueMSX with WUPC and core selection support?
I don't have the source for that downloaded yet, mainly because I have no ROMs to even test if it works.

I did upload three cores to the appstore, and I verified they all work -
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/o2em_libretro (Odyssey2)
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/prosystem_libretro (Atari 7800)
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/stella_libretro (Atari 2600)

I haven't uploaded virtualjaguar, although it is compiled. We don't have it on the appstore, and it runs pretty slow, but if someone really wants it, I may upload it to one of my personal upload areas.

I haven't uploaded all the nightly builds either, but I'll eventually get those on the appstore after verification of the ones that work.

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Then report it here? https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues

I don't get why people are reporting broken cores on here, but not filing GitHub reports on the issues page. If they want them resolved, they have to be reported.:ph34r: How else are the devs going to be able to fix it?

I would have added an addendum on the report I made, but it has since been closed, so a new issue report must be filed.
Dude, if it was that simple, I've already filled an issue for TyrQuake both in the RA and core github, and got nothing. I don't think that stacking issues will do any good, maybe they are already aware of the problem but itsn't priority, remember its their job making every core run flawlessly in every release they just making it possible on Wii U for fun.

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have the source for that downloaded yet, mainly because I have no ROMs to even test if it works.

I did upload three cores to the appstore, and I verified they all work -
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/o2em_libretro (Odyssey2)
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/prosystem_libretro (Atari 7800)
http://wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/stella_libretro (Atari 2600)

I haven't uploaded virtualjaguar, although it is compiled. We don't have it on the appstore, and it runs pretty slow, but if someone really wants it, I may upload it to one of my personal upload areas.

I haven't uploaded all the nightly builds either, but I'll eventually get those on the appstore after verification of the ones that work.

Thanks for all your work on some of the more off the beaten path cores. I remember reading something about the 5200 emulator, did you ever manage to get that one to compile?

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your work on some of the more off the beaten path cores. I remember reading something about the 5200 emulator, did you ever manage to get that one to compile?
It compiles, but I can't ever get it to load a ROM for some reason. I know it's not a crash though, it just hangs on loading a ROM, it doesn't actually ever crash, but you have to restart the Wii U. :(

Also, it's actually the Atari800 core, which not only has Atari 5200, it supports the Atari 800 computers too.

Last edited by brienj,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, if it was that simple, I've already filled an issue for TyrQuake both in the RA and core github, and got nothing. I don't think that stacking issues will do any good, maybe they are already aware of the problem but itsn't priority, remember its their job making every core run flawlessly in every release they just making it possible on Wii U for fun.

But bringing it up every time a nightly build is released is any different? mGBA core was fixed, an did mention the other broken cores in the report (which is now closed), I don't know what else we can do then. I was just trying to help :(

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
But bringing it up every time a nightly build is released is any different? mGBA core was fixed, an did mention the other broken cores in the report (which is now closed), I don't know what else we can do then. I was just trying to help :(
ShadowOne333 asked for it, mGBA would be different because it's more popular than Quake idk, the issue has been there for weeks now. If want to help you could test TyrQuake on your end and share your experience in the issue I opened, maybe if more people show interest in the core they will be more willing to fix it.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was just asking because I knew TyrQuake was broken, I didn't know PrBoom was too.
I wanted to be sure before attempting to update all of my cores again xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy