Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

CyanPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I seem to only get a black screen when I load retroarch.
I tried removing the cores to see if one of them was doing it, but then it just freezes once I select load (stays on the homebrew channel(?)).

What are some things I can do to figure whats going on? I used version 1.6.0, and am on 5.5.1 firmware.

Last edited by CyanPrime,

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I seem to only get a black screen when I load retroarch.
I tried removing the cores to see if one of them was doing it, but then it just freezes once I select load (stays on the homebrew channel(?)).

What are some things I can do to figure whats going on? I used version 1.6.0, and am on 5.5.1 firmware.

Try renaming one of the smaller cores to retroarch.rpx, and then replace the one in wiiu/apps/retroarch.

Dogbert8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the white screen problem, you need to download the assets folder and make sure the asset path is set correctly in the Directory settings.

For the controller issue, I believe player 1 is mapped to index 0 by default (which is the gamepad). You'll probably need to modify the retroarch.cfg manually, and change the controller index for player one from 0 to 1 (assuming you are using the first connected Wii U Pro controller).
Both of these solutions worked. Thanks!

CyanPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try renaming one of the smaller cores to retroarch.rpx, and then replace the one in wiiu/apps/retroarch.
Thank you for your help :D
That gave me a white screen with white text (and black drop shadow) like the poster above my first post.

Problem is I have no idea where this "assets folder" can be downloaded :(

Also, I'm curious. I used the QuickNES.elf core in place of the retroarch.elf, and it's loading as I would expect retroarch.elf to act. Why did this work? =o

Edit: okay, so I got the assets from https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-assets, and placed them in SD:/retroarch/downloads and SD:/retroarch/media and quick NES works now as it should, but when I load mednafen_psx_libretro.elf from the Main Menu -> Load Core option it just goes to a black screen like I first had.

Last edited by CyanPrime,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help :D
That gave me a white screen with white text (and black drop shadow) like the poster above my first post.

Problem is I have no idea where this "assets folder" can be downloaded :(

Also, I'm curious. I used the QuickNES.elf core in place of the retroarch.elf, and it's loading as I would expect retroarch.elf to act. Why did this work? =o

Edit: okay, so I got the assets from https://github.com/libretro/retroarch-assets, and placed them in SD:/retroarch/downloads and SD:/retroarch/media and quick NES works now as it should, but when I load mednafen_psx_libretro.elf from the Main Menu -> Load Core option it just goes to a black screen like I first had.

Why are you trying to load PSX core? Only the RPX version of mednafen_PSX works and even then, it's incredibly slow (and probably will be that way indefinitely addendum: Until someone picks it up).

medafen_PSX.elf doesn't work, only the RPX version of the core works.

Edit: added addendum

Last edited by the_randomizer,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just finished auditing all my roms, had to change manualy all the names for them to match with RA thumbnail database -_____-, I don't want to know anything about RA in long time, I'm officialy out on vacations from it :wacko:

Last edited by cucholix,

lynx2oo2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if it has already been discussed, I have had a read through, but what do you think the chances are of getting computers such as the spectrum, amstrad cpc, c64, amiga & atari st running, with a virtual keyboard on the gamepad?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if it has already been discussed, I have had a read through, but what do you think the chances are of getting computers such as the spectrum, amstrad cpc, c64, amiga & atari st running, with a virtual keyboard on the gamepad?
As in, the game running on the TV and the keyboard on the gamepad screen? Oof that's pushing it..... nice thought but isn't gonna happen (not yet anyway).
C64 is, I think, up and running just like dosbox is, Amiga and ST are always trickier for emulation though.

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Question : Can you change the theme ?

If no, what happends if i put all the files from the systematic folder in the monochrome folder and replace it ?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question : Can you change the theme ?

If no, what happends if i put all the files from the systematic folder in the monochrome folder and replace it ?

Yes, just navigate to: Settings>User Interface>Menu>Menu Icon Theme. Then press Right on the D-Pad to cycle through Themes :)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok could a kind sole please list a few games that work on vice64 (obviously I will find the downloads myself lol) I have tried about 5 games already and they all give me a dsi error lol. Also am I right in thinking only tap files work. Thanks

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok could a kind sole please list a few games that work on vice64 (obviously I will find the downloads myself lol) I have tried about 5 games already and they all give me a dsi error lol. Also am I right in thinking only tap files work. Thanks

As far as I know NO games currently work with the C64 Core :( We have to wait for quarktheawesome to tinker with the core :)

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know NO games currently work with the C64 Core :( We have to wait for quarktheawesome to tinker with the core :)
Ah well that explains it lol looks like I need to wait a bit longer to play one of my all time fave games impossible mission. Oh wait it's available for about 10 billion other systems lol.

Reactions: ploggy

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well that explains it lol looks like I need to wait a bit longer to play one of my all time fave games impossible mission. Oh wait it's available for about 10 billion other systems lol.

It's far easier to play all emulators on one device as opposed to spreading it out over multiple devices IMO lol.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's far easier to play all emulators on one device as opposed to spreading it out over multiple devices IMO lol.
True but impossible mission is also on the Nes and mastersystem and spectrum and cpc 464 and dos and Atari 7600 . Not sure if the spectrum dos or cpc 464 wiiu retroarch emus work though lol. Plus it's on ds but they managed to take an old clasic game and make it much worse than the original somehow without actually changing much lol.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True but impossible mission is also on the Nes and mastersystem and spectrum and cpc 464 and dos and Atari 7600 . Not sure if the spectrum dos or cpc 464 wiiu retroarch emus work though lol. Plus it's on ds but they managed to take an old clasic game and make it much worse than the original somehow without actually changing much lol.

I wouldn't know, I never played any of those games *shrug*.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
There's a C64 emu in vWii side IIRC, you would like to try some injections, vWii side too.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Was looking to install Retroarch as a channel since loading from HBL is a bit of a hassle and won't relaunch once you exit it. Do I need to use a program to set it up for wupinstaller? If anyone has 1.6 as a channel, I'd be super grateful if you could share it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY