Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
also @ShadowOne333 maybe you just think of the natural audio cracking of the super metroid samples as a problem, to hear what I mean I just recorded the intro of it in both snes9x 1.53 on windows and snes9x in retroarch so you can hear that they pretty much give me the same output.
https://mega.nz/#!goAgkbLb!sxmKrVqmLEhochJmFtsr8I0XAS6qfHpG9YsEkiWcwn0
https://mega.nz/#!M0ZnUJiT!3_lls92sUq2Vsj8YPGnsn35Eo7qalwBP5ke0Q87cbWQ
Oh no I'm aware of Super Metroid's odd instrument samples, but this is indeed crackling audio, like the type you get when your earphones are starting to fail and you move them around to get the left one working again. :P
That kind of crackling haha.

I will surely post a video to better depict my issues with both Snes cores once I get home.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no I'm aware of Super Metroid's odd instrument samples, but this is indeed crackling audio, like the type you get when your earphones are starting to fail and you move them around to get the left one working again. :P
That kind of crackling haha.

I will surely post a video to better depict my issues with both Snes cores once I get home.
Maybe the issue is that your earphones are failing :P Sorry couldn't help it hehe.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahah well yeah that could have been it if I was using headphones :lol:
but sadly it's the TV Speakers :P
And yes they work fine with other games XD

Please though, do try to delete your config files, I'm serious XD You'd be surprised how many issues that can fix.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please though, do try to delete your config files, I'm serious XD You'd be surprised how many issues that can fix.
Hahah yeah I know, but I'm not home, I can't delete anything yet. xD
I did deleted the folder that RetroArch created named "Snes9x" and "Snes9x 2010" under configs I believe, but I have yet to delete the overall retroarch.cfg files found inside /retroarch/
In anyway, I will post the video of the issues first in here, and then I will try that to see if that fixed it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

This looks promising, but it's slow apparently. I wonder how he did this?

that's to be expected. It runs on a interpreter cpu mode. It will be accurate, but very slow, unless ran on a powerful computer.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since everyone talking about Cores......let's get that 3do core going.....I wanna play some Twisted the game show.....lol jk
I would actually love a 3do emulator as it's probably the only system I have never played before either on hardware or through emulation.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would actually love a 3do emulator as it's probably the only system I have never played before either on hardware or through emulation.
That's the only game I like or remember on it. and was only on that system. but I don't really need it for 1 game, was being silly.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that video is from a couple days ago and only is there because I've added the needed code for it and shared the build.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-76#post-6872245

Do you think, at least in your opinion, if the PSX can or will ever be improved? N64 I couldn't care less about to be blunt, just wanted to know your thoughts :P

any improvements since monday?

https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/commits/master

Looking at that commit log, I don't see any Wii U changes that have been made in a while. :unsure:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be good if someone had a bash at putting that new libfat into retroarch to see if it does help with the file loading speed.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be good if someone had a bash at putting that new libfat into retroarch to see if it does help with the file loading speed.

I don't know if/when that's gonna happen, that's up to the devs, and uh, I don't know how often they visit these forums. Short of making a new topic/bug report on their GitHub repository, I don't know if they even know about it. There's got to be a way to get their attention.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@FIX94, @the_randomizer
Yeah it was the stupid configuration files making their malignant deeds. :P
I still have the video though in case you guys wanted to take a peek at it:
https://sendvid.com/aqcx2h46

Oh and guess what?
The Mame ROMs which were giving me DSI exceptions suddenly started working too... (For some reason...) ???
Only X-Men 2 Players didn't work, but I'm assuming that's because I don't have the correct parent/child romset.
The Simpsons 2p worked, Turtles in Time did too, and even Sunset Riders. ALL of them.

EVEN FUCKING MGBA LOADS GB/GBC ROMS NOW!!!
So long Gambattle!

Literally that solved ALL of my problems! :lol:

I basically deleted all of the content history, and all of the cfg files inside /retroarch/
And also deleted everything inside the /retroarch/config just for good measure.

Everything works wonderfully now! :D

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94, @the_randomizer
Yeah it was the stupid configuration files making their malignant deeds. :P
I still have the video though in case you guys wanted to take a peek at it:
https://sendvid.com/aqcx2h46

Oh and guess what?
The Mame ROMs which were giving me DSI exceptions suddenly started working too... (For some reason...) ???
Only X-Men 2 Players didn't work, but I'm assuming that's because I don't have the correct parent/child romset.
The Simpsons 2p worked, Turtles in Time did too, and even Sunset Riders. ALL of them.

EVEN FUCKING MGBA LOADS GB/GBC ROMS NOW!!!

Literally that solved ALL of my problems! :lol:

I basically deleted all of the content history, and all of the cfg files inside /retroarch/
And also deleted everything inside the /retroarch/config just for good measure.

Everything works wonderfully now! :D

Glad ya got it resolved! :P Config files like to screw things up for some reason, sometimes we have to learn the hard way ^_^ Also
with the MAME core (TMNT2, Turtles in Time, Simpsons) which ROM set do you use?

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad ya got it resolved! :P Config files like to screw things up for some reason, sometimes we have to learn the hard way ^_^ Also
with the MAME core (TMNT2, Turtles in Time, Simpsons) which ROM set do you use?
Thanks for you help, FIX's and everyone which I ever bothered through PM :lol:
For the Mame roms, I'm using the original ROM alongside a child rom which is only a few kbs in size.
I do this because I usually play alone, and the original 4 player ROMs lock the first player to a certain character (Simpsons - Marge, TMNT - Leonardo, etc), so with the 2 player sets I can choose my character for all of them.
Also, I just noticed that X-Men 4-Players let's you select the character by default, so no need for a 2 player ROM for it.
Just search for "MAME 2003 Reference Set Update 2" and you should find it.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT