Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Zonse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I read earlier in the thread that FBA2012 runs the higher-memory NEOGEO games, but I can't seem to get any of them to run. Is there anything in particular I should be doing?

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone get TMNT - Turtles in Time (4 player version) to run? Which core do I have to use, which BIOS?

MAME 2003 seems to be only version able to open it, instantly resulting in a black screen. (FB Alpha doesn't even start here. Memory problem?)

Reactions: OriginalHamster

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I strongly recommend some of you to install the PC version of retroarch and try your roms there first. That way the thread won't get flooded with posts about romset issues that really don't belong here.

So what you're basically telling us is to take our romset issues somewhere else? If I install the PC version, won't I have the same problem just on Windows? What does belong here if I may ask? The OP does not seem to be interested in bug reports if I understand this correctly.

(I couldn't find any info which romset fits which MAME core...)

Last edited by plyscho,

Ralle1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone get TMNT - Turtles in Time (4 player version) to run? Which core do I have to use, which BIOS?

MAME 2003 seems to be only version able to open it, instantly resulting in a black screen. (FB Alpha doesn't even start here. Memory problem?)

I got it to work using FB Alpha rpx :)

Reactions: plyscho

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what you're basically telling us is to take our romset issues somewhere else? If I install the PC version, won't I have the same problem just on Windows? What does belong here if I may ask? The OP does not seem to be interested in bug reports if I understand this correctly.

I'm saying that a lot of issues reported here seem to be due to incorrect romset, which obviously is outside the scope of this thread. A simple way to tell if the downloaded rom is the correct one or not is to test it in the PC version first. If it works in the PC version and then doesn't in the Wii U core then that is a relevant issue.

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Perhaps reading the OP would help

notes
  • this is a preview, not a release. there is no need to report issues this early in the development stage as there is already a schedule in place of what will be done when, so just be patient.

Reporting is all well and good, but it won't do you much good, wait. things will get fixed, be patient. A lot of people seemed to have skimmed pas the OP.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm saying that a lot of issues reported here seem to be due to incorrect romset, which obviously is outside the scope of this thread. A simple way to tell if the downloaded rom is the correct one or not is to test it in the PC version first. If it works in the PC version and then doesn't in the Wii U core then that is a relevant issue.
You got a point there, but one of the problems is that the Wii U version does have it's core splitted which is confusing if you are new to MAME. And like I said, even if it does work on PC and not on Wii U, it also is not an relevant issue.

Perhaps reading the OP would help

Reporting is all well and good, but it won't do you much good, wait. things will get fixed, be patient. A lot of people seemed to have skimmed pas the OP.
Thanks for aiming that at me... I was just going to quote that part of the OP that you also quoted. My point was: since there are no relevant issues here we are free to talk about anything on the topic. That includes romset issues, indroductions to MAME and maybe what romset we should be using for which core...

Last edited by plyscho,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got a point there, but one of the problems is that the Wii U version does have it's core splitted which is confusing if you are new to MAME. And like I said, even if it does work on PC and not on Wii U, it also is not an relevant issue.

Thanks for aiming that at me... I was just going to quote that part of the OP that you posted. My point was: since there are no relevant issues here we are free to talk about anything on the topic. That includes romset issues, indroductions to MAME and maybe what romset we should be using for which core...

Look, that was my bad, people should test ROM sets on their PC port before trying it on the Wii U port, if they can. I'll go back and reword it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Just exit the core before loading another rom and you will be fine (at least, I do it that way..)
I did not have issues with mGBA though. I may need to test again with multiple roms at once. But I never had dsi exceptions with recent builds.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought about it. The romset issue is actually the only issue we could have here! Like you said, everything else will be sorted out over time.

I got it to work using FB Alpha rpx :)
Thanks! How did you get FB Alpha to run? Outside of Homebrew/Retro Launcher? It doesn't seem to fit in my Wii Us RAM?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just for reference, mame2003 needs the MAME 0.78 romset and fbalpha2012 needs the FBA 2.97.30 romset. That should be everyone's starting point at least. The actual compatibility will of course not be 100% but should improve over time.

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just for reference, mame2003 needs the MAME 0.78 romset and fbalpha2012 needs the FBA 2.97.30 romset. That should be everyone's starting point at least. The actual compatibility will of course not be 100% but should improve over time.
Thanks! I didn't even know there was a FBA romset, so that explains a lot. I thought the MAME romset contained all Arcade roms.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks! I didn't even know there was a FBA romset, so that explains a lot. I thought the MAME romset contained all Arcade roms.
Sometimes you can get lucky with certain older roms but usually you need the specific set. If I remember correctly, FBANext360 used the same 2.97.30 romset and might be easier to find a complete pack.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did not have issues with mGBA though. I may need to test again with multiple roms at once. But I never had dsi exceptions with recent builds.
I've had some DSI exception with mGBA mostly when trying to load GB/GBC games.
I'll try with the latest nightlies to see what I can find.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1