Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What emulator core is that?

Dude, it is in there, I changed it several times, I'm not at my Wii U right now so I can't look. It's there, trust me. You have to back up to the first menu that loads, there's a settings to change it.
I found one that says Directory, I think works almost the same.. can I put specific directories for each core?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think the buildbot built it all just like, 2 minutes before my things were merged.
Also with my changes it is fine to have vsync enabled for snes but for nes you do not want to even think of enabling it because it gets out of sync after just seconds and wont resync and since the new audio buffers are very small and have nearly no latency anymore you cant listen to it at all on such a desync.
Oh that's interesting. I'm still on the builds from 2 days ago, and Vsync is fine with nestopia.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found one that says Directory, I think works almost the same.. can I put specific directories for each core?

No, you can only set one, it's best to set it at the root or a place where you can easy navigate to each folder. Either that or put ROM folders within a main ROM folder, not much can be done about that for now.

Oh that's interesting. I'm still on the builds from 2 days ago, and Vsync is fine with nestopia.

He's using the FCEUMM core, Nestopia is more accurate.

nestopia has a REALLY high-pitched beeping in the background so while I do like to use nestopia on my gamecube I really cant on wiiu right now because of that

Odd, the one I used from 11-18 worked fine O.O

Last edited by the_randomizer,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK I just grabbed the files from buildbot just to actually check and my changes DID get in, also I did find out that by increasing the refresh rate in the settings to 60.000hz the audio for NES seems to sync still with vsync enabled which is interesting.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
OK I just grabbed the files from buildbot just to actually check and my changes DID get in, also I did find out that by increasing the refresh rate in the settings to 60.000hz the audio for NES seems to sync still with vsync enabled which is interesting.
that makes sense to me, since most of the cores will refresh at 60hz, and not 59.9 :P

Reactions: Deleted User

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never touched the setting so I wonder if because it now does the audio more accurately it actually is noticable that the default setting before was not quite correct...

So this means Nestopia no longer has the issue you were experiencing? Can't test my Wii U quite yet as it's getting late where I am. Once I load the cores up, I'll make sure they're set to 60.00.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this means Nestopia no longer has the issue you were experiencing? Can't test my Wii U quite yet as it's getting late where I am. Once I load the cores up, I'll make sure they're set to 60.00.
while both fceumm and nestopia sync correctly now at 60.00 nestopia still has that high pitched beeping which makes it unusable to me.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
while both fceumm and nestopia sync correctly now at 60.00 nestopia still has that high pitched beeping which makes it unusable to me.
I'm not sure of that beeping, honestly. I used nestopia and never noticed any audio issue with it, unless it's something sensitive ears could tell :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, *kills him*
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We've been over this I wear kill proof clothing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should talk about my mom it's a 100hp hit :teach:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Good morning!
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
    Veho @ Veho: The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.