Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

splatool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
note to anyone who got the romset from that iso site, although r-type is listed in the `unplayable` zip, it DOES in facts actually work fine on the wii u!
this is great fun
likewise some roms listed as "slow" because they were classified as such on the wii now work full speed, eg Robocop. so it looks like anything from both of those categories is worth try! :D

Last edited by splatool,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I edited my post. im sure you can run it on the fba core.
You could try the FBA rpx core, it might work with it.
If not then you might have to wait until @aliaspider releases an rpx version of full Mame.
unfortunely the fba core does not star on hbl? it goes mid way into loading the elf then stops, so i guess i cant run it from hbl?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
note to anyone who got the romset from that iso site, although r-type is listed in the `unplayable` zip, it DOES in facts actually work fine on the wii u!
this is great fun

All the "unplayable" games from that site should work on the WiiU, the roms were sorted for the Wii version of Retroarch (which has problems loading larger roms) :)
So ignore the folder names.

Reactions: splatool

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unfortunely the fba core does not star on hbl? it goes mid way into loading the elf then stops, so i guess i cant run it from hbl?

Download the newest version of HBL (1.4) and use loadiine.ovh to load the 1.4 Hombrew Launcher exploit.

EDIT: Also Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is a CPS1 Game, so it should run through the CPS1 core (no need for FBA Full)

EDIT2: Just tried it, Plays Perfect!!

Last edited by ploggy,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Download the newest version of HBL (1.4) and use loadiine.ovh to load the 1.4 Hombrew Launcher exploit.

EDIT: Also Cadillacs and Dinosaurs is a CPS1 Game, so it should run through the CPS1 core (no need for FBA Full)

EDIT2: Just tried it, Plays Perfect!!
thanks but btw i got the rpx from page 48, updated hbl to 1.4 and when lodiing the normal fba rpx it freezes after loadiing the full bar on the hbl, what im i missing?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks but btw i got the rpx from page 48, updated hbl to 1.4 and when lodiing the normal fba rpx it freezes after loadiing the full bar on the hbl, what im i missing?
Are you changing the exploit preference to this in loadiine.ovh?

But if you just want to play Cadillac's and Dinosaurs you can load the CPS1 core instead :)

Attachments

• selection.jpg
    selection.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by ploggy,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think the next things, I'd guess were implementing the libfat libraries to speed up SD read/writing (as Aliaspider explained), and further down the line (two-three months at the very minimum, if that), PPSSPP, PCSX-R, hopefully. We'll see what happens :P
I don't know what that is, I admit, as i'm not really a programmer, it still will take a bit of time to port them over.
Remember you can speed up things by reading those coding tutorials you asked me over PM. That way you can really help and ease your anxiety.

Gonna test the newest nightlies, though everything is pretty much working with little flaws.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you changing the exploit preference to this in loadiine.ovh?

But if you just want to play Cadillac's and Dinosaurs you can load the CPS1 core instead :)
im using haxchi for offline hbl and yeah i know but i wanted to get that core working anyway.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5