Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But the elf can be divided in different cores, no need fba handles every game, it would be fba konami, fba capcom, fba taito and so on...
Still, there might be other cores which couldn't be ran due to the size limitation.
Mame is one of them, I believe it's 20+MB, and the one available only loads Midway games right now.

Same for other emulators which might come down the road, it's better to get rid of the size limitation now than to have to deal with it when more important cores come around.

Benkei123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work OP!
Can get most emus running except CPS3 which just goes back to game selection after selecting a game.
Does it require bios or some kind of setup or something?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Still, there might be other cores which couldn't be ran due to the size limitation.
Mame is one of them, I believe it's 20+MB, and the one available only loads Midway games right now.

Same for other emulators which might come down the road, it's better to get rid of the size limitation now than to have to deal with it when more important cores come around.
Can you boot rpx from HBL? Or only loadiine?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having the same issue as @AlanLC with the black screen saying something about a memory error when trying to run the FBA core :/
Anyone knows why this might be?

I'm using HBL 1.4 through haxchi.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry mate I don't use haxchi. BTW how did castlevania go?
Sent you a PM.

Also, for those interested:
I got Rondo of Blood working.

However, I'm not sure why if I simply rename both the cue and bin files to anything else, they don't boot anymore. I think I might have to edit the .cue file to read the new name of the bin.

If anyone knows how to get the FBA RPX core running through hachi, please let me know!

Reactions: Azel and ploggy

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sent you a PM.

However, I'm not sure why if I simply rename both the cue and bin files to anything else, they don't boot anymore. I think I might have to edit the .cue file to read the new name of the bin.

If anyone knows how to get the FBA RPX core running through hachi, please let me know!

That's weird though, as it's supposed to work. Maybe try asking @FIX94 or @vickdu31?

This doesn't bode well for future RPX releases for cores that are switched over. Maybe @aliaspider ?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sent you a PM.

You can never rename the BIN without editing the CUE to reflect the change.

That's weird though, as it's supposed to work. Maybe try asking @FIX94 or @vickdu31?

This doesn't bode well for future RPX releases for cores that are switched over. Maybe @aliaspider ?
It's kinda rude to keep tagging them in every single question/suggestion...

Last edited by niuus,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
haxchi uses pretty much the same sd loader as the homebrew launcher, when I did port it I even tested it with spacegame.rpx and it worked just fine so I did not make any mistake on my part, maybe you use an outdated version of haxchi.
I'll reupload the rom.zip just to be sure.
Thanks for the suggestion!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@FIX94 nope, no luck. :/
I downloaded the latest brainage.zip from your repo, put it in the same folder as wupclient.py, ran it with python -i wupclient.py, then proceeded to type the following command:
w.up("rom.zip", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/10179B00/content/0010/rom.zip")

The file uploaded without errors.

Restarted the Wii U, loaded up HBL 1.4 (lower left corner says Homebrew Launcher v1.4 by Dimok), tried to load fbaalpha_2012_libretro.rpx but it gives me this screen:

img_20161117_183752-1-jpg.69282

(Yes I know quality could be beter, stupid phone's camera doesn't auto-focus properly)

So I'm not sure what could be the problem anymore. :/

Attachments

• IMG_20161117_183752[1].jpg
    IMG_20161117_183752[1].jpg
    485 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto