Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

kimsung

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
hello there cores compiled for aroma NEC PC-FX and would like to ask more questions
We can use playlists build by Crazy Mac Is it possible?

bedwyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks like it crashes on PC Retroarch too, so not a WiiU Pcsxrearmed issue thankfully :P
It works when set to interpreter so that suggests a Lightrec issue..
You want to make an issue on github and describe the problem there ;)

https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues

But its possible to play the game if you:
Start the game, once booted goto Core Options>System..
Turn Dynamic Recompiler=Off and turn PSX CPU Clock Speed (%) to 31
Retrun to game and it should be playable ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all.... Can someone on Aroma try a usb hdd (Fat32) and check if its being recognised from within RA? I've had a report that their usb Hdd isnt being recognised even tho it was on Tira.. Thanks :)
I can confirm the issue, I cannot access to USB hd from Aroma RA.

Reactions: ploggy

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm the issue, I cannot access to USB hd from Aroma RA.
I had noticed this because retroarch in tiramisu can access the games that I placed on the external hard drive along with the Wii U games where I passed the games through ftp on the Wii U server and created the list there, so everything was on a single hard drive but on the aroma version it doesn't appear the same HD formatted on Wii u maybe it should appear on fat32 HDs but then the aroma version would have a function unless retroarch bno tiramisu.

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,

I copied the new Aroma cores etc. into sd:/retroarch/[...] and have a strange problem when starting the retroarch.wub: all my config is gone (most notably playlists are missing). Suprisingly retroarch seems to read my sd:/retroarch/content_favorites.lpl but I cannot start any game from it and retroarch says it cannot find the game. I assume a broken config file due to the update or "something" with the paths changed?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I copied the new Aroma cores etc. into sd:/retroarch/[...] and have a strange problem when starting the retroarch.wub: all my config is gone (most notably playlists are missing). Suprisingly retroarch seems to read my sd:/retroarch/content_favorites.lpl but I cannot start any game from it and retroarch says it cannot find the game. I assume a broken config file due to the update or "something" with the paths changed?
Yip, the Paths have changes from sd:/ to fs:/vol/external01 with Aroma, so your old configs wont work.. If you need to keep your old configs you can try to edit and replace sd:/ with fs:/vol/external01? Either that or just make new configs :P

meeeow

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yip, the Paths have changes from sd:/ to fs:/vol/external01 with Aroma, so your old configs wont work.. If you need to keep your old configs you can try to edit and replace sd:/ with fs:/vol/external01? Either that or just make new configs :P
that worked! All playlists, wallpapers and icons are back. But: after having adjusted the paths in the playlists retroarch boots into a blackscreen (have been waiting for about 10 minutes), checked the log files that are empty... :-(

I did some cleaning of the playlists but no success and will try to tackle the issue during the weekend.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
why is it that only the gamepad can trigger the menu with the home button but any other controller (with a home button) can't? since it sucks to set up a combo when there's a dedicated button for this purpose, is there actually an option to allow it for every controller?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PUAE MAin branch was buggy on WiiU, PUAE2021 did the job, same state for Aroma ? I hope PUAE will work ! What about ScummVM and Dosbox ?
Thanks for all !
I wouldn't know, like I said it doesn't compile for Aroma ATM but even if PUAE Main is still bugged when it compiles I'm sure it will get looked into ;)

-----------------------------------------

The NeoGeoCD Core now has working CHD Audio. A fix was made yesterday :D
Post automatically merged:

Dosbox is another Core that seems to need threads to compile, I'm hoping we will be able to upgrade to the Dosbox Pure Core with Aroma that would be amazing, ScummVM on the other hand has had some very nice updates thanks to @vrda most games are very playable now :)

Last edited by ploggy,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can´t understand "threads". Why basically aroma get better performance over tiramisu ?
Thread support basically the WiiU has 3 Cores and RA only utilises 1, with Threading support we can off load to the other Cores which means more performance.. That's how I understand it anyway :)

Tiramisu RA never really got Threading support, where as Aroma RA will have Threading support from the off (Hopefully)

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thread support basically the WiiU has 3 Cores and RA only utilises 1, with Threading support we can off load to the other Cores which means more performance.. That's how I understand it anyway :)

Tiramisu RA never really got Threading support, where as Aroma RA will have Threading support from the off (Hopefully)
speaking of performance, have you tried VBA-M on RA Wii U? How is the speed here, especially on GBA games?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
speaking of performance, have you tried VBA-M on RA Wii U? How is the speed here, especially on GBA games?
I've tried Vba-M, Vba-Next and GPSP :P

(Testing Sonic Advance 2)
Vba-M = 149 - 152 fps
Vba-Next = 160 - 170 fps
Gpsp = 330 - 350 fps - fluctuates higher at times

Gpsp is by far the fastest Core for GBA on WiiU :)

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've tried Vba-M, Vba-Next and GPSP :P

(Testing Sonic Advance 2)
Vba-M = 149 - 152 fps
Vba-Next = 160 - 170 fps
Gpsp = 330 - 350 fps - fluctuates higher at times

Gpsp is by far the fastest Core for GBA on WiiU :)
All GBA RA cores fullspeed on Wii U... nice :)

PS: u forgot mGBA and Mednafen/Beetle GBA :P

PS 2: made a video of me testing gpSP core on Wii... and its fullspeed :O

Reactions: ploggy

vrda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PUAE MAin branch was buggy on WiiU, PUAE2021 did the job, same state for Aroma ? I hope PUAE will work ! What about ScummVM and Dosbox ?
Thanks for all !
Here's the latest RA ScummVM build for Aroma I'm using at the moment. I'm also including a temporary link to the full package with files needed for theme to work. (ScummVM can be rather picky when it comes to version of ScummVM.zip used with the build and this one works)

It is required that you have in Settings/Audio/Output:
Audio = AX Pro
Output Rate (Hz) = 44100

And in the core settings (once the core has been loaded and started) Quick Menu/Core Options/Timing:
Sample rate = 44100

It will then properly use the new audio driver, removing it as a bottleneck for WiiU. It's using a dedicated CPU core just for audio generation which is nicely possible with ScummVM - much like it is done for the Wii version.
This version also has Adventure Game Studio (ags) engine built in - many of those games should work just fine on WiiU. Exception being higher resolution 32 bit color titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, mozarella