Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Top that off with the fact many cores already run full speed. with audio and little to no performance issues; CPS2 ran perfectly, but yes I agree, good things come to those who wait, things are awesome with the scene now :D

Yeah, that's just amazing. I mean, i expected A LOT less but the initial results are exactly the opposite. It really gives hope about the Wii U scene.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yeah that would be great :D
also, kind of related, would it be possible for the data/bss sections to start at a different address? mainly at an address >= 0x10000000 to make it visible to the gpu. it seemed to work with a tiny test program but it didn't for retroarch.
Alright. I will take a look at it. We could move to use the RPX area and overwrite mii maker code and data. You might need to change the linker file for it though and you will not be able to work outside of mii maker space, as some application like ddd do. Though I don't think you need that ;)

Last edited by dimok,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This started with a blast, but we need to be realistic. It's time to let them get their own pace. Also, may i guess that only one member of the libretro team has a Wii U (The donated one in fact) ?

The nighlies are going to remain mainly untouched for a while i think, or at least until those DSI Exception errors get solved (I guess compatibility is the main priority for the libretro team)

I mean, the Wii U version hasn't even been announced on the libretro blog, it's obvious that this version is below the team's standards

By now, we have motherfucking Street Fighter 3 on Wii U. For a pre-Alpha that's is outstanding.
very happy with performance right now, but I just need a way to play in 4:3, I stopped using the emu after a couple mins just for that reason. (most will call it OCD, bu5 come on, I grew up with and love those systems, I can't bear to watch and play them like this)

I edited shit in the retroarch config to no avail to get that but never did.
that and being able to remap controls in the neo core.
(that being said, I suppose I'll just work in out with hid to vpad)

Don't peg me as ungrateful tho, I'm extremely grateful for their work!

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried Alien vs Predator on cps2 and first it didnt find any files, so I used scan directory option but it bugged and threw out DSI exception error :(
How do you get this to work laddies?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like the buildbot updated again, with a new core. Don't know what system fuse is for though so I can't test it out.

Fuse is a ZX Spectrum Emulator. :)

Alright. I will take a look at it. We could move to use the RPX area and overwrite mii maker code and data. You might need to change the linker file for it though and you will not be able to work outside of mii maker space, as some application like ddd do. Though I don't think you need that ;)
If you could remove the 6.5 mb limitation too that would be awesome :)

Reactions: KiiWii

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buildbot 2016-11-10

CPS1:
Working! (tested with: Final Fight, Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting) **
CPS2: Working! (tested with: Marvel vs. Capcom, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha)
CPS3: Working! (tested with: Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Jojo's Venture, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) ***
FBA 2012: Won't load fully in the Homebrew Launcher (size limit)
Neo Geo: Working! (tested with: Art of Fighting 3, Fatal Fury 3, King of Fighter '96, The Last Blade 2, Metal Slug 4-5, SNK vs. Capcom)
FCEUMM: Working! ***
Gambatte: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
GenesisPlus GX: Working! Sega 1000, Master System, Genesis, and Sega CD, all perfect! MCD EUR BIOS runs a bit faster.
MAME2003 Midway: Working! (tested with: Mortal Kombat I - II - 3 - Ultimate, NBA Jam, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, NBA Maximum Hang Time)
Mednafen Lynx: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen NGP: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen PCE Fast: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen SuperGrafx: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen VB: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Mednafen Wswan: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
mGBA: Working! GBA games only, GB games crash and CODE DUMP.
Nestopia: Exception Type DSI Error, CODE DUMP.
Quicknes: Working!
Snes9x 2010: Working!

** seems to hang after loading more than 2 or 3 roms.
*** if you go back to menu, pressing Resume will crash the emu and go back to Homebrew Launcher. You can load another ROM to circumvent this.
Thanks! How do you know whether to use CPS1, 2, or 3? I'm trying to get The Simpsons arcade game running and don't know the differences between those and MAME. Could someone point me toward a Readme or tutorial on which core to use for which games? Thanks again!

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! How do you know whether to use CPS1, 2, or 3? I'm trying to get The Simpsons arcade game running and don't know the differences between those and MAME. Could someone point me toward a Readme or tutorial on which core to use for which games? Thanks again!

Download roms for Final Burn Alpha. Those are the ones that (mostly) works

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll not get The Simpsons running yet - CPS stands for Capcom Play System and each is a particular Capcom made arcade board.... Like Osakasan says you'll need Final Burn Alpha roms, but at the moment you can only play the CPS games, Neo Geo, and Midway (on the Mame core) anyway - The Simpsons is a Konami game, and not yet playable.

Final Burn and Street Fighter II are CPS1 games
Marvel vs Capcom and Super Street Fighter II are CPS2
Street Fighter III is CPS3

Google will help for a full list of supported games....

Reactions: Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I'd quite enjoy a life of taking it easy. But I haven't reached that life yet.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well guys, less than 2 hours until the direct