Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the mean-time if you have an Xbox One you can enable Dev Mode and play some Emulator goodness. ;)
I want to purcharge a Xbox One, but dunno if is worth of wait for Xbox One X (which for sure will be better for emulation) or just purcharge a Xbox One S.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the mean-time if you have an Xbox One you can enable Dev Mode and play some Emulator goodness. ;)

Too bad I'm not in any position to get one :( Wii U version's forever stagnant. No one has interest in furthering, but those who are excellent at programming for the Wii U sure as hell aren't interested, the bounty was a load of false hopes, there's no point to even having this thread, really. *Sigh*

What's the point?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Too bad I'm not in any position to get one :( Wii U version's forever stagnant. No one has interest in furthering, but those who are excellent at programming for the Wii U sure as hell aren't interested, the bounty was a load of false hopes, there's no point to even having this thread, really. *Sigh*

What's the point?
Don't complain, RetroArch wiiu is in a pretty good shape IMO.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't complain, RetroArch wiiu is in a pretty good shape IMO.

And yet it has the power to run better N64 and PSX emulators than the Wii did, but that potential will never be utilized. Spending 300 dollars for an Xbox One isn't worth it to me. I started a bounty, it's been stagnant for over a month, and hasn't gone up, what's it going to take, 500 dollars?

It's not necessarily complaining when a true statement is uttered.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And yet it has the power to run better N64 and PSX emulators than the Wii did, but that potential will never be utilized. Spending 300 dollars for an Xbox One isn't worth it to me.
The Wii version of RetroArch doesn't run N64 nor PSX, and yet there are non-retroarch emulators for those platforms, just don't put your hopes for N64/PSX emulation from retroarch.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What's the point?
I still fully intend (hope) to play PS1 on WiiU one day :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii version of RetroArch doesn't run N64 nor PSX, and yet there are non-retroarch emulators for those platforms, just don't put your hopes for N64/PSX emulation from retroarch.

I was saying that a Wii U port of PSX and N64 would run better than the ones on the Wii, WiiSX and Not64, both of which use linear audio interpolation (which makes no sense, real hardware didn't use it), no Dynarec PPC. I should just refund everyone who contributed to the bounty. it's not like it was going to go towards a good cause for helping and motivating developers or anything. There's no use, I was stupid for starting a bounty.

I still fully intend (hope) to play PS1 on WiiU one day :)

And people can hope, that's fine, but...I don't know anymore. I just don't.

Reactions: ploggy

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, I believe that Quark is working on PPC dynarec for Wii U.

Source? I thought that something of that effect was something he wasn't going to focus on.
Edit: Wait, what? Isn't that...awfully daunting?
:blink:

Edit 2: Where? I see no such tweet?

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly , Rare Replay on Xbox one kinda fill the games I "missed" in Wii so I'm fine with this so far just hope to see some shaders in Wii U to really shine on TV and I don't get the negativity and pesimist of certain comments , just relax a bit...

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Huh? That doesn't ring a bell. I've been tweeting about PowerPC related stuff (I almost always do) but a dynarec isn't on the cards for me; it's just not something I feel capable of doing.

To address the pessimism: I'm on vacation, okay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)