AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, I'm sorry it doesn't work properly for you, I never had to change that option and I can load it without issue *sigh* I don't know what more I can suggest, I'm sorry :(
Thanks anyway. By reading the last few posts it seems others are having the same issue as myself

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Had the system memory error of the death, got away when I deleted my config files, I think it appears when tried to enable menu control with all the controls, maybe the new version of RA is taking away too much ram from Wii U :lol: so some configurations make the system collapse.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks anyway. By reading the last few posts it seems others are having the same issue as myself
Which baffles me, as some people can use it it just fine, if someone feels the need to file a report, I'd highly recommend it, and for what it's worth, no hard feelings.

Had the system memory error of the death, got away when I deleted my config files, I think it appears when tried to enable menu control with all the controls, maybe the new version of RA is taking away too much ram from Wii U :lol: so some configurations make the system collapse.

The Wii U has 1 GB of RAM to use lol.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how RA manage system memory, but it's the first time I got the 160 error, maybe the memory didn't flush correctly when I exit from RA so when trying to access to it again memory sectors were already in use IDK.

I have no idea how it's allocated, I just know the system has 1 GB to use *shrug*

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which baffles me, as some people can use it it just fine, if someone feels the need to file a report, I'd highly recommend it, and for what it's worth, no hard feelings.

The Wii U has 1 GB of RAM to use lol.
Hey went back to build from two days ago and now everything running fine just no network stuff but that's not really important to me. Sorry for my past interactions to you when you have been posting about playstation emulation sometimes I can be a dick but I don't mean to be lol.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey went back to build from two days ago and now everything running fine just no network stuff but that's not really important to me. Sorry for my past interactions to you when you have been posting about playstation emulation sometimes I can be a dick but I don't mean to be lol.

No hard feelings, using a build with the first instance of XMB and it runs great, stable, no crashes no matter how many times I open and close the menu, load games, etc, I can send that build if you ever want it :P

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that be the 5-22 or 5-21 build?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No hard feelings, using a build with the first instance of XMB and it runs great, stable, no crashes no matter how many times I open and close the menu, load games, etc, I can send that build if you ever want it :P
No need the one from two days ago is working perfectly and xmb is now working as should so once again thanks for the help in getting that up and running. I'm off to bed now it's been a hell of a loooooooooooooong day today.

Would that be the 5-22 or 5-21 build?
22-5 works perfectly for me

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Will have to trim my collection a little :lol:, scrolling left to right into systems gets super slow when you have too much roms :teach:

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this screenshot will help some people configure Playlist Buddy to prepare their playlists on Wii U (because it's not really practical to do it on the Wii U itself yet) and this program is nice, but not very intuitive for what the Wii U wants out of the box. I may have made it too convoluted, there could be a better way of doing this, but I've had success with it so far.

It's a good idea to install the PC version of Retroarch and copy over its database subdirectory to the same place in your Wii U's Retroarch install (ie. d:\retroarch\database) as a quick way to get all the current database files.

This assumes that your SD card is your D drive, and that the root of your roms folder is d:\roms and that you are using multiple rpx cores stored in d:\retroarch\cores. Instead of scanning all of your ROM collections in one pass, we only want to specify one rpx core at a time and therefore one set of ROMs at a time- in this example its the snes9x core, on the following screen (after clicking Next Step) you will only select your snes ROMs dir, the assumption is that it's d:\roms\snes. You'll repeat this process for each system.

Note the forward slashes in the playlist path and the different base ROM path fields, along with the checkmarks in the "use forward slashes" and "use a different base ROM path". The idea is that the fields beginning with sd:/ is what will be passed to the created playlist, which should end up being placed in d:\retroarch\cores\playlists when all is said and done.

I did not have a lot of luck having the playlist buddy pull down thumbnails, it is much easier to pull down the thumbnail packs yourself from http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com and unzip them to d:\retroarch\thumbnails, giving each system its own subdirectory - ie. d:\retroarch\thumbnails\nes which will in turn consist of boxart/titlescreen subdirectories. To avoid any confusion with this step, I renamed the default "Nintendo Entertainment System" folder to "nes". In the next step, you can also have Playlist Buddy generate a list of ROMs that dont have associated boxart available - this is usually down to your ROM being named differently from the boxart file.

BXXNYFu.png

Last edited by Opoth,
Reactions: the_randomizer

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way around it as far as I know, you need wither CBCH or Haxchi with CFW to enable it. I'd suggest reading up on that before you try installing it.
Can you do me a favor and zip your entire retroarch FOLDER? Minus the BIOS folder of course. I want to just test something

I mean everything even your cfg files, just leave the BIOS folder out so u don't get a copyright thing.

Last edited by A Plus Ric,

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got XMB to work, i was downloading from the retroartch repository with my phone and it wouldn't scroll down to the latest build, how to change the white screen now, that pic above that looked like psp was cool.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do me a favor and zip your entire retroarch FOLDER? Minus the BIOS folder of course. I want to just test something

I mean everything even your cfg files, just leave the BIOS folder out so u don't get a copyright thing.

I didn't see this till now, the Temp didn't notify me properly; I can zip up something and send it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay