Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Haxchi + HBL

now that I'm looking at things, there's a folder on the root of the SD called "controllers" and has a bunch of configuration files. Example "0F0D_0011".

Not sure where that folder came from..
I'm reformatting the SD card and see if that helps.

That's weird, you shouldn't have to reformat. Does the RetroArch folder with the cores have the Info folder and all info files? If not, they are needed. Delete every single config file.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hahaha I'm a moron, got it fixed.
I probably had a custom input config and when I deleted the cfg file there was a mismatch happening. On the wiiu folder on the SD card there was a WIIU Gamepad.cfg file, which had just
input_driver = "wiiu"
input_device = "WIIU Gamepad"​
Just took that one out and presto. It's working now.

I really appreciate the help though!

Since I'm here I might as well ask, what are the best core for each system? And is there a benefit to having snes roms as .smc instead of a zip file?

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha I'm a moron, got it fixed.
I probably had a custom input config and when I deleted the cfg file there was a mismatch happening. On the wiiu folder on the SD card there was a WIIU Gamepad.cfg file, which had just
input_driver = "wiiu"
input_device = "WIIU Gamepad"​
Just took that one out and presto. It's working now.

I really appreciate the help though!

Since I'm here I might as well ask, what are the best core for each system? And is there a benefit to having snes roms as .smc instead of a zip file?

For Snes, go with Snes9x mainline and not 2005 or 2010, they are old and only for weaker devices, but are included with the nightly builds. Snes9x runs on the Wii U full speed perfectly.
NES = Nestopia Undead
GBA = mGBA
CPS1/CPS2 - Final Burn Alpha
As for the others, I don't use them much.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Until I make an "official" version that will maybe make sure your cores are up to date, I made a RetroArch Channel you can download here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/h8bso6s87u1ls38/RetroArch_Launcher.7z

It works with the new system, so you must have cores in the sd:/retroarch/cores folder and the info files in the sd:/retroarch/cores/info folder.

Also, if you installed the Libretro SNES9x Channel I made, you must delete that first, since this uses the same Title ID.
This should be here although you don't call it official.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Humm. Didn't know that. Is it safe to install .prx retroarch cores on WIIU using Wup Installer?

How do I uninstall? Just delete the channel?
rpx cant be installed alone ... you need to make it like an actual channel contaning files meta,content and code files with the apropiet data so yeah an rpx alone cant do you any good.

Reactions: cirojr82

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This should be here although you don't call it official.
No, I'm not really happy with it, and it's basically a built-in forwarder, but the rpx isn't on your SD card, and isn't a "real" channel, because the Retroarch build system doesn't create rpx files that can be used as stand alone yet.

Humm. Didn't know that. Is it safe to install .prx retroarch cores on WIIU using Wup Installer?

How do I uninstall? Just delete the channel?
Even if you created all the files needed to make a channel, when you exited the app, it would crash. The only way to install as a channel is by using the one I have provided. And yes, it can be deleted just like other things you install.

Reactions: cirojr82

Jbrighton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just download and install this file with Wupinstaller y mod:
Looks like I came in middle of ya discuss, this aspect of channel are you using the eshop ds dl channel that gets made or is it a simpler suprise.
I updated to 1.5.0 latest nightly, deleted the configuration.txt I had before hand but after booting it I get stuck in the main menu and it accepts no inputs neither from my Gamepad nor the Pro Controller. What gives?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Esoj2810

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi! I'm just a noob into the wiiu homebrew and emulator things and I wanted to play some CPS2 games in my console, I run the final burn alpha 1.5 in order to play them and when I play them it sound like there's a whistle playing on the background... did anyone knows a fix for that ?

oricon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to change the input of the controller so that i can use my wiiu pro controller to navigate the menus but i accident toggled disabled. Now i cannot control the menu at all with any controller how do i fix this also is it possible to use any controller to navigate the menu to avoid this in the future?

Esoj2810

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I was trying to change the input of the controller so that i can use my wiiu pro controller to navigate the menus but i accident toggled disabled. Now i cannot control the menu at all with any controller how do i fix this also is it possible to use any controller to navigate the menu to avoid this in the future?

Just turn off the WiiU holding the power button for 5 secs and launch again retroarch... that must fix the problem

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete your config files and start again. If you ever mess up anything in menu that's all need to do. Config files are in the retroarch folder in your sd card.

oricon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete your config files and start again. If you ever mess up anything in menu that's all need to do. Config files are in the retroarch folder in your sd card.
no way of just making retroarch allow for any controller to control the menu so i dont have to ever go back to the input menu?

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
no way of just making retroarch allow for any controller to control the menu so i dont have to ever go back to the input menu?
Yes wiiu pro controller option is there. You can use that plus many more controllers to navigate menus. Can only set 1 at a time. You can have player 2 set as gamepad in case you mess up again.

Last edited by Columbo2811,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol