Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by aliaspider, Nov 6, 2016.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Unknown
    That's weird, you shouldn't have to reformat. Does the RetroArch folder with the cores have the Info folder and all info files? If not, they are needed. Delete every single config file.

2. Walo

Walo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hahaha I'm a moron, got it fixed.
    I probably had a custom input config and when I deleted the cfg file there was a mismatch happening. On the wiiu folder on the SD card there was a WIIU Gamepad.cfg file, which had just
    input_driver = "wiiu"
    input_device = "WIIU Gamepad"​
    Just took that one out and presto. It's working now.

I really appreciate the help though!

Since I'm here I might as well ask, what are the best core for each system? And is there a benefit to having snes roms as .smc instead of a zip file?

the_randomizer likes this.
  3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Unknown
    For Snes, go with Snes9x mainline and not 2005 or 2010, they are old and only for weaker devices, but are included with the nightly builds. Snes9x runs on the Wii U full speed perfectly.
    NES = Nestopia Undead
    GBA = mGBA
    CPS1/CPS2 - Final Burn Alpha
    As for the others, I don't use them much.

4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This should be here although you don't call it official.

5. cirojr82

cirojr82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Brazil
    Humm. Didn't know that. Is it safe to install .prx retroarch cores on WIIU using Wup Installer?

How do I uninstall? Just delete the channel?

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    rpx cant be installed alone ... you need to make it like an actual channel contaning files meta,content and code files with the apropiet data so yeah an rpx alone cant do you any good.

cirojr82 likes this.
  7. cucholix

cucholix GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Just wondering if bluemsx has seen a new version with multicore support, or if neopop is working again, or quake :blush:

8. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    No, I'm not really happy with it, and it's basically a built-in forwarder, but the rpx isn't on your SD card, and isn't a "real" channel, because the Retroarch build system doesn't create rpx files that can be used as stand alone yet.

Even if you created all the files needed to make a channel, when you exited the app, it would crash. The only way to install as a channel is by using the one I have provided. And yes, it can be deleted just like other things you install.

cirojr82 likes this.
  9. Jbrighton

Jbrighton Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    United States
    Looks like I came in middle of ya discuss, this aspect of channel are you using the eshop ds dl channel that gets made or is it a simpler suprise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    ShadowOne333 likes this.
  11. efen3001

efen3001 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    United States
    I moved to retropie on Raspberry Pi 3, it's all working flawless there and believe me, I can even use the wii u pro controller!

12. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    has anyone expressed interest in making a dynarec?

13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    nope, not even fixing latest releases so dont expect anything more, what we have is what we will get, not even dosbox :S

14. Esoj2810

Esoj2810 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi! I'm just a noob into the wiiu homebrew and emulator things and I wanted to play some CPS2 games in my console, I run the final burn alpha 1.5 in order to play them and when I play them it sound like there's a whistle playing on the background... did anyone knows a fix for that ?

15. tatundria

tatundria GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2009
    Argentina
    Is it possible to remove the boot music from the Retroarch Launcher?

16. oricon

oricon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    I was trying to change the input of the controller so that i can use my wiiu pro controller to navigate the menus but i accident toggled disabled. Now i cannot control the menu at all with any controller how do i fix this also is it possible to use any controller to navigate the menu to avoid this in the future?

17. Esoj2810

Esoj2810 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Just turn off the WiiU holding the power button for 5 secs and launch again retroarch... that must fix the problem

18. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Delete your config files and start again. If you ever mess up anything in menu that's all need to do. Config files are in the retroarch folder in your sd card.

19. oricon

oricon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    no way of just making retroarch allow for any controller to control the menu so i dont have to ever go back to the input menu?

20. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015
    Yes wiiu pro controller option is there. You can use that plus many more controllers to navigate menus. Can only set 1 at a time. You can have player 2 set as gamepad in case you mess up again.

Last edited by Columbo2811, Apr 19, 2017