Homebrew Question RetroArch w/ mGBA -- Screen size is tiny and won't change?

CrimsonSky118

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good afternoon, I've been trying to play a GBA game (Metroid Zero Mission) using RetroArch on switch. The game controls and sound work perfectly but the screen is the size of a postage stamp and stuck in the top left corner. I've played with all of the settings as well as the "Fullscreen" hotkey but none of them seem to change anything after repeated attempts (including restarting RA) Any Ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by CrimsonSky118,

lemueldave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not sure if this applies to the retroarch core but there's a setting called GPU-assisted rendering in the standalone version. Once it is turned on, you have to manually adjust the rendering size. So for Retroarch, once you start the game, pause, go to quick menu, then look at options. If those settings are available, then that should do the trick.

Edit: Using the libretro core of mGBA at Retroarch, seems like the above does not apply. But when I started mine, the game is almost full-screen of the Switch's display. Relevant settings could be Settings>Video>Scaling then Integer Scale is "OFF", Aspect Ratio is "Core provided".

Last edited by lemueldave,
Reactions: RinkuSonic41

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids