Software RetroArch v1.8.0 released, improves UI for mobile users

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Oct 26, 2019.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Sorry, today was a shitty stressful day, and my patience level is quite low -_- damn I need a break. But yeah, I get it, thanks for understanding.

Ammako and Memoir like this.
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ The Adorable Enby

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    If y’all need a beta tester with a lot of experience, I can throw my hat in there

3. Bonehead
    This message by Bonehead has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 27, 2019.
    Oct 27, 2019
  4. the_randomizer
    This message by the_randomizer has been removed from public view by Chary, Oct 27, 2019.
    Oct 27, 2019
  5. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    Japan
    It would be great to have Xperia Play optimized version of retroarch!

6. ciaomao

ciaomao GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2014
    Albania
    didnt played around with retroarch for a while, but last time there was a fair chance to corrupt your exfat sd. Even after switching to fat32 I had suspicious corrupted game data, but I cant give evidence here. anyway this issues stopped me using it at all and since this day I didnt experienced any problems any more. can someone enlight me if it is safe with fat32 now, if it wasnt already? as far as I remember the common sense was that the root cause is not at retroarch, but a flawd exfat driver by N?

7. Tobas

Tobas Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    ::cries in retropie::

8. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Don't do that. People are working hard for something free and great which works at a plethora of platforms. This is not the way to be thankful for that.

Bugs happen and development is hard. Be understanding of that. Use something that works until whatever new's bested.

Last edited by YukidaruPunch, Oct 29, 2019
  9. Purplstuph

Purplstuph Quake Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    I tried to get into Retroarch and i just can't understand it at all.I'm on PS Vita and I choose "scan directory" for my roms and only finds half of what i have.
    I really wish Retroarch wasn't that picky over rom detection.
    Yes, i do have some romhacks.
    It would be very appreciated if I could get a hand so that all my roms show up in the right places.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Just a warning, apparently a few cores run like shit on the 64-bit version of the app. And thanks to Google being stupid, Libretro is forced to upload the 64-bit version, so if you plan on using PCSX ReARMed, install the 32-bit APK for that and MAME, which can be used in tandem with the 64-bit one. I just learned this the hard way. Until this core gets optimized for 64-bit apps, yeah, it's not ideal.