Homebrew RetroArch Switch

D

Deleted User

Looks like someone should start collecting config files for good per-game settings.

Looking forward to trying out the updated core.

I am already on it but the new core means lots more tweaking my goal is to release my tut with a drag n drop set of files including bios+configs

i can shoot the gun in indy no crash great work!

Last edited by ,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You have to rename the .info file AND edit the "display_name" variable inside the file. Also make sure that your .info filenames are the same as your core .nro filenames.

Still happening, I have

display_name = "Nintendo - Nintendo 64(Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE)"
corename = "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL (GLIDE)"

mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.info
mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro

and it shows up in the core list as mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro and when I select the core then go to a game it only offers the regular mupen and mupen next

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still happening, I have

display_name = "Nintendo - Nintendo 64(Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE)"
corename = "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL (GLIDE)"

mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.info
mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro

and it shows up in the core list as mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro and when I select the core then go to a game it only offers the regular mupen and mupen next

Ok, let me mess with it and I'll let you know what I come up with. I just did it the other day but I can't remember every step I made.

Reactions: M7L7NK7

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let me mess with it and I'll let you know what I come up with. I just did it the other day but I can't remember every step I made.

Ok I remember what the deal was, the "corename" is compiled into the core NRO file. So you have to modify the corename to something else otherwise you will have two cores with the same "corename".

Not sure how deep you get into this kinda stuff so here is a modified version of the latest Mupen64Plus-Next Glide (indi_fix) build that m4xw posted today (post#4782), but with "GLIDE" added to the display name. The package comes with BOTH the info file and the core. Just drop them into your "retroarch" folder and it will show up in RetroArch.

indi_fix_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx (Modified Core Name).zip

I tested it personally and it works great. But I know how your ass likes to mix and match builds so let me know if you have any issues. :D

2019031601222300-F0813053-F5-E68-D338-B07-D7-D5-A145189-E-Copy.jpg

2019031601263000-F0813053-F5-E68-D338-B07-D7-D5-A145189-E-Copy.jpg

Last edited by FanboyKilla,
Reactions: M7L7NK7

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Figured it out, it was the "Less accurate blending mode"setting! Changing this to "False" resolved the issue for me. Now it's working fine WITH or WITHOUT Color/Depth to RDRAM on/off. B-)

On another note, could you please explain to me what the hell the difference is between "Aspect Ratio" (16:9) and (16:9 adjusted)? I'm looking at the Mpuen64plus Doc's on libretro and GitHub, and neither of them mention exactly what the difference's are.

Try these...
Framebuffer Emulation: On
Color buffer to RDRAM: Async
Depth buffer to RDRAM: Software
Less accurate blending mode: True
GPU shader depth write: False

Make sure you "Close Content" after making these changes and then reload the game. Don't just try to "Restart".

(16:9) stretches picture to 16:9
(16:9 adjusted) renders a wider area without stretching and centers the GUI elements (The one requires 16:9 to be set under video settings as well)

Well atleast that's what it looks like anyway. I don't know the inner workings.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a magical config-incantation to get Dr. Mario 64 to work?

The ColorBuffer ToRDRam seems to be related but combinations of settings give me:

1) Pills visible [with glitches] + no background
2) Background no pill
3) Garbled background, no pill

There were definitely bugs in the past regarding dr. mario but I believe fixes should be available in mupen64plus-next branch:

See github mupen64plus-core/pull/477 "Fix FB Info"

Yeah bro, I messed with it for like 45 minutes and the most I could not get the pills to show up. The most I could get out of it was to show a half visible pill and where it's currently lined up to be placed. You can see in the pic below, the red/blue pill shows up half visible, you can move the joystick left/right and the half visible pill will move around on the screen. But the pill doesn't show up fully visible until it's placed on a virus. This is probably just one of those games, like Indiana Jones, that has it's specific issues that will have to be worked out.

dr-mario.gif

Reactions: lordelan

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I remember what the deal was, the "corename" is compiled into the core NRO file. So you have to modify the corename to something else otherwise you will have two cores with the same "corename".

Works great man! thank you so much.. I wouldn't even know where to start internally modifying it! Thanks heaps!

Didn't even have to mix and match anything :P

Reactions: FanboyKilla

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
New Glide 64 3.0 improve performance for Banjo-Tooie :)

It sure does! Unbelievable!

I’m just running the intro now, but it looks great aside from some minor glitches along the bottom from the text.

Previous builds took like an hour of stutters and hang ups to get through the intro!

Yay!

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not overclocking at all.

Are you talking about Kazooie or Tooie? Kazooie has been running well for a while. I finished the game with the pre-svc build.

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried running Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE but its all types of messed up for me..

my settings have worked perfectly for my current build of Mupen64Plus-Next and Mupen64Plus
I can run most games on my current cores with my settings full speed, widescreen and a consistent FPS..
(Obviously besides the usual like Goldeneye 007 and Paper Mario)

but i seem to get all these crazy glitches on this new release of Glide and ontop of that the framerate also suffers, its pretty much unuseable on my system. Any help? not sure what i'm doing wrong.

ixXBAD1.jpg
wigZ6QB.jpg
AcV8lNf.jpg
sztuSx3.jpg

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really sorry if this was asked before, but how do i add cheat to Snex9x core on 1.7.6 retroarch?

More specifically i would like to add cheat to Fire Emblem 4, and all i found online were a bunch of codes that i have no idea how to use.

Thanks!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried running Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE but its all types of messed up for me..

my settings have worked perfectly for my current build of Mupen64Plus-Next and Mupen64Plus
I can run most games on my current cores with my settings full speed, widescreen and a consistent FPS..
(Obviously besides the usual like Goldeneye 007 and Paper Mario)

but i seem to get all these crazy glitches on this new release of Glide and ontop of that the framerate also suffers, its pretty much unuseable on my system. Any help? not sure what i'm doing wrong.
Again, this is not GLIDE. Glide is a actual video plugin....
Theres Glide64 and GlideN64..
Anyway fix your settings. New settings are required for the new version.
Get used to it.

jpsondag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah bro, I messed with it for like 45 minutes and the most I could not get the pills to show up. The most I could get out of it was to show a half visible pill and where it's currently lined up to be placed. You can see in the pic below, the red/blue pill shows up half visible, you can move the joystick left/right and the half visible pill will move around on the screen. But the pill doesn't show up fully visible until it's placed on a virus. This is probably just one of those games, like Indiana Jones, that has it's specific issues that will have to be worked out.

(sorry for link spacing not allowed to post)
Thanks, yea I had a similar experience. Dr. mario is pretty crazy see a good writeup here:

gliden64.blogspot [dot com] /2014/01/frame-buffer-emulation-part-ii.html

But I think glide "figured it out" is suppose to work [atleast for dr. mario]

I know retro-pie had a very similar situation to this that got fixed when the cores updated.

reddit [dot com] /r/RetroPie/comments/6gp64z/dr_mario_on_nintendo_64_background_issues/

As far as I know retropie uses libnx so I was hoping m4xw's work would also magically fix it.

FWIW:

github [dot com] /mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/pull/477

Mentions that it wasn't fixed in dynarec, not sure how that is related to m4xw's dynarec (does his layer just call into glide's dyna-rec layer?), maybe that's the issue.

gethsemane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, this is not GLIDE. Glide is a actual video plugin....
Theres Glide64 and GlideN64..
Anyway fix your settings. New settings are required for the new version.
Get used to it.
Will save files created with the old Mupen64Plus-SVC build work with the updated Glide build?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo