RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    I am already on it but the new core means lots more tweaking my goal is to release my tut with a drag n drop set of files including bios+configs

i can shoot the gun in indy no crash great work!

Last edited by seanp2500, Mar 16, 2019
    hippy dave, ShadowOne333 and regnad like this.
  2. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Still happening, I have

display_name = "Nintendo - Nintendo 64(Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE)"
    corename = "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL (GLIDE)"

mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.info
    mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro

and it shows up in the core list as mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_glide.nro and when I select the core then go to a game it only offers the regular mupen and mupen next

3. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Ok, let me mess with it and I'll let you know what I come up with. I just did it the other day but I can't remember every step I made.

Milenko likes this.
  4. FanboyKilla

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Ok I remember what the deal was, the "corename" is compiled into the core NRO file. So you have to modify the corename to something else otherwise you will have two cores with the same "corename".

Not sure how deep you get into this kinda stuff so here is a modified version of the latest Mupen64Plus-Next Glide (indi_fix) build that m4xw posted today (post#4782), but with "GLIDE" added to the display name. The package comes with BOTH the info file and the core. Just drop them into your "retroarch" folder and it will show up in RetroArch.

indi_fix_mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx (Modified Core Name).zip

I tested it personally and it works great. But I know how your ass likes to mix and match builds so let me know if you have any issues. :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by FanboyKilla, Mar 16, 2019
    Milenko likes this.
  5. DaniPoo

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    (16:9) stretches picture to 16:9
    (16:9 adjusted) renders a wider area without stretching and centers the GUI elements (The one requires 16:9 to be set under video settings as well)

Well atleast that's what it looks like anyway. I don't know the inner workings.

Broduskii and FanboyKilla like this.
  6. FanboyKilla

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Yeah bro, I messed with it for like 45 minutes and the most I could not get the pills to show up. The most I could get out of it was to show a half visible pill and where it's currently lined up to be placed. You can see in the pic below, the red/blue pill shows up half visible, you can move the joystick left/right and the half visible pill will move around on the screen. But the pill doesn't show up fully visible until it's placed on a virus. This is probably just one of those games, like Indiana Jones, that has it's specific issues that will have to be worked out.

[​IMG]

lordelan likes this.
  7. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The new GlideN64 build is a beta, there will be some extreme regressions.

8. Milenko

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Works great man! thank you so much.. I wouldn't even know where to start internally modifying it! Thanks heaps!

Didn't even have to mix and match anything :P

FanboyKilla likes this.
  9. FanboyKilla

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    lol, no worries bro. Just shoot me a PM if m4xw drops another pre-release and you need me to modify it again. B-)

Milenko likes this.
  10. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    It sure does! Unbelievable!

I’m just running the intro now, but it looks great aside from some minor glitches along the bottom from the text.

Previous builds took like an hour of stutters and hang ups to get through the intro!

Yay!

11. Milenko

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Banjo was fine on mupen next SVC for me

Plus overclock if it mattered, I just have max on by default

12. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I'm not overclocking at all.

Are you talking about Kazooie or Tooie? Kazooie has been running well for a while. I finished the game with the pre-svc build.

13. Milenko

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Kazooie... Whoops! I blame it on the beers

14. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Feb 5, 2016
    Australia
    Australia
    I tried running Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE but its all types of messed up for me..

my settings have worked perfectly for my current build of Mupen64Plus-Next and Mupen64Plus
    I can run most games on my current cores with my settings full speed, widescreen and a consistent FPS..
    (Obviously besides the usual like Goldeneye 007 and Paper Mario)

but i seem to get all these crazy glitches on this new release of Glide and ontop of that the framerate also suffers, its pretty much unuseable on my system. Any help? not sure what i'm doing wrong.

ixXBAD1. wigZ6QB. AcV8lNf. sztuSx3.

15. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Really sorry if this was asked before, but how do i add cheat to Snex9x core on 1.7.6 retroarch?

More specifically i would like to add cheat to Fire Emblem 4, and all i found online were a bunch of codes that i have no idea how to use.

Thanks!

16. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Again, this is not GLIDE. Glide is a actual video plugin....
    Theres Glide64 and GlideN64..
    Anyway fix your settings. New settings are required for the new version.
    Get used to it.

17. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    Is someone else having problems for mame to display thumbnails?

18. jpsondag

jpsondag Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2011
    United States
    (sorry for link spacing not allowed to post)
    Thanks, yea I had a similar experience. Dr. mario is pretty crazy see a good writeup here:

gliden64.blogspot [dot com] /2014/01/frame-buffer-emulation-part-ii.html

But I think glide "figured it out" is suppose to work [atleast for dr. mario]

I know retro-pie had a very similar situation to this that got fixed when the cores updated.

reddit [dot com] /r/RetroPie/comments/6gp64z/dr_mario_on_nintendo_64_background_issues/

As far as I know retropie uses libnx so I was hoping m4xw's work would also magically fix it.

FWIW:

github [dot com] /mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/pull/477

Mentions that it wasn't fixed in dynarec, not sure how that is related to m4xw's dynarec (does his layer just call into glide's dyna-rec layer?), maybe that's the issue.

19. gethsemane

gethsemane Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2018
    United States
    Will save files created with the old Mupen64Plus-SVC build work with the updated Glide build?

20. Bil

Bil Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    United Kingdom