Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I Love Retroarch to death, but one of my childhood memories games i never got to work (Neither on PS3 or Switch) is RAD MOBILE! Anyone gotten this game to work? Do i need some special version or bios files or just simple does not work?

Wrig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When I place my roms in, the retroarch/roms folder, I cannot see them, not even the rom folder, installed retroarch from nsp, and put the retroarch folder on the sd card anyone know what the problem could be? if i move the rom folder to another part of the sd card it can see it but it cant see any folders inside it.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried the nightly build for Jan 2nd and its the same as the 1st build. When I load SM64 or any rom the switch crashes. Im running Atmosphere CFW on 5.1.0. Has anyone else got this to work with same setup as me?

D

Deleted-351540

I have tried the nightly build for Jan 2nd and its the same as the 1st build. When I load SM64 or any rom the switch crashes. Im running Atmosphere CFW on 5.1.0. Has anyone else got this to work with same setup as me?
I have the exact same setup, actually. 5.1.0, Atmosphere, and Retroarch latest nightly for 1080 docked support. Everything is working well. Are you using the Retroarch NSP and or the latest Homebrew Loader to allow full use of RAM?

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the exact same setup, actually. 5.1.0, Atmosphere, and Retroarch latest nightly for 1080 docked support. Everything is working well. Are you using the Retroarch NSP and or the latest Homebrew Loader to allow full use of RAM?

Im running RA from the homebrew channel v3.0.1, not tried the NSP. Should I stick to the NSP for this - is it the one linked above?

D

Deleted-351540

Im running RA from the homebrew channel v3.0.1, not tried the NSP. Should I stick to the NSP for this - is it the one linked above?
I use the NSP. It is the only NSP I have installed. And yes. It is the one linked above.

I believe Retroarch also creates a crash log, but you would have to get verification on that from @m4xw on whether or not that is true and where it creates it if it is true.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the NSP. It is the only NSP I have installed. And yes. It is the one linked above.

I believe Retroarch also creates a crash log, but you would have to get verification on that from @m4xw on whether or not that is true and where it creates it if it is true.
n64 emulator has to be played with the nsp due to memory issues

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Does RA support rumble feedback for any N64 games? I really loved this feature playing Starfox 64 when the rumble pack was launched and it was an awesome intro to force feedback in games. I hope it can be added or works :)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does RA support rumble feedback for any N64 games? I really loved this feature playing Starfox 64 when the rumble pack was launched and it was an awesome intro to force feedback in games. I hope it can be added or works :)
Not yet, actually I had a semi-done prototype ready for 1.7.5 release but kinda forgot about it.
Maybe I will fix it for the release, dunno yet.

No crash logs from RA itself.

RCP90totheface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has already been covered - is there a bug on saving settings? For PS1 I always put 'threaded video' on and then try saving the override (any of the 3 options) but when I launch the game again the FMV is laggy and I have to change the setting again. Any way to fix this? Thanks! :gun:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!