Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rayman Runs with 10 to 15 fps max on the switch but its nice to see those Graphics running
Wait how did you get Rayman to run in pcsx-rearmed? I have been having issues, tried everything but because it's got multi-track BINs it won't work properly. Freezes right at the beginning.
EDIT: Did not realise you meant the Jaguar core.

Last edited by Spoda,

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any reason why when I scan for games, I get double/triple of a certain SNES game, but it will "not load due to it not being on the playlist", iirc. Because I do not have it on my sd card.

I am only using a few select SNES games, and they're no intro, so they all show up. Along with the mystery games I didn't add. Thanks!
Are you using a Mac to put the game onto the sd cards? If so it's possible there's hidden files on your sd card. If you use the command "dot_clean ." on your SD card that might fix the problem, only if you're using a Mac obviously.

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would JIT or Vulkan or openGL help with the issue that pcsx-rearmed can't handle more than 2 or 3 multi-track BIN games?

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How to Exit RetroArch when booting through the nsp forwarder?? Using "Close RetroArch" in the GUI doesn't work, I can only Exit via the home button, but I thought this shouldn't be done?!?

Bst22322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having issues with fast forward?

With the older RetroNX version I had no problem using it with gambette but ever since I installed the full release it doesn't increase the game speed at all.

I am having the same problem. Fast forward seems to have no effect on 1.7.5
Rewind works okay
Using the gambatte core

Spoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just tested Rayman on DOSBox and it works pretty great, even if menus and loading screens are kind of slow, the game itself runs great. Just remember to change your input method to Keyboard+mouse and do some keybinding stuff the way you want it, and you also have to change your CPU cycle setting to 10 000 (1 000 is too slow and 100 000 is also slower than 10 000 in-game)
If anyone want to play it on DOSBox (even if it seems easier to setup the PSX version) just ask me I can do a small tutorial
Yes please do a small tutorial! I am having so many issues with this and your help would be VERY appreciated.

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a Mac to put the game onto the sd cards? If so it's possible there's hidden files on your sd card. If you use the command "dot_clean ." on your SD card that might fix the problem, only if you're using a Mac obviously.

I am not. Windows 10. I'll try to mess around with it after work. Only thing I can think of right now is to erase all the games, rescan the directory, then re-add the games / scan again.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i loaded the psx core and it causes my switch to crash, now im unable to launch my cfw anymore any ideas?

You have to reinject the payload. Unfortunately, CFW for the Switch isn't permanent unless you want to put your system on the line with a hardmod. Anytime the Switch is turned off or restarted as it normally would be done when it's not hacked, you must use whatever method to get CFW onto the Switch from another device that's injected while the Switch is in RCM mode.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to reinject the payload. Unfortunately, CFW for the Switch isn't permanent unless you want to put your system on the line with a hardmod. Anytime the Switch is turned off or restarted as it normally would be done when it's not hacked, you must use whatever method to get CFW onto the Switch from another device that's injected while the Switch is in RCM mode.

Yeah i know that and have tried but on injecting the payload i get the ReiNX splash screen and then a black screen with the battery low icon in the top left, i have tried charging the battery but still get the same issue

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

TimeDevouncer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah i know that and have tried but on injecting the payload i get the ReiNX splash screen and then a black screen with the battery low icon in the top left, i have tried charging the battery but still get the same issue
Exfat? I get corrupted SDFiles with exfat format and i need to reinstall all. Since this, i'm using fat32 and no problems.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any reason why when I scan for games, I get double/triple of a certain SNES game, but it will "not load due to it not being on the playlist", iirc. Because I do not have it on my sd card.

I am only using a few select SNES games, and they're no intro, so they all show up. Along with the mystery games I didn't add. Thanks!
Is this the smell of exfat in the air?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol