Homebrew RetroArch Switch

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complely deleted RetroNX from my switch and copied over the RetroArch 1.75 files. I'm not using the nsp. All the cores seem to work fine with the exception of PSX Rearmed. I've tried both PS1 .bin/.cue files as well as .pbp files. Trying to load the games crash the emulator to the point of a reboot is needed. These files worked under RetroNX. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. Reconverted a PS1 iso using PSX2PSP and the new eboot works.

Last edited by joeh1974,

Starkgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New guy chiming in. Could anyone explain how to load roms using this? Should I make a rom folder in the RA folder and slap em all there. Or should a rom folder be made on root?

I'm very noob. Please be patient with me.

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New guy chiming in. Could anyone explain how to load roms using this? Should I make a rom folder in the RA folder and slap em all there. Or should a rom folder be made on root?

I'm very noob. Please be patient with me.

You can place the rom folder anywhere. To load roms, on the main menu keep pressing right til you see a + icon, then open 'scan directory'. Here you can navigate to where your roms are. Personally I do this for one system at a time, though you might be fine doing your entire rom folder. When you're in the right folder select the 'scan this directory' option.

grabman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can get the japanese version of rondo of blood for pce cd working just fine it's the psp to pce cd eng patch that i cannot run

D

Deleted-351540

Meanwhile, I'm still on RetroNX because it plays everything I need it to play and I don't feel like reconfiguring my config files. And reading the last few pages of problems hasn't changed my mind.

I guess there's a positive to being lazy. :)

Bumblecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm unable to launch cps2 games with fba core.
I've tried with marvel super heores, marvel vs street fighters, marvel vs capcom & x-men vs street fighter.

Are cps2 games compatible with retroarch 1.7.5 fba core or am i doing something wrong?

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meanwhile, I'm still on RetroNX because it plays everything I need it to play and I don't feel like reconfiguring my config files. And reading the last few pages of problems hasn't changed my mind.

I guess there's a positive to being lazy. :)
New nightlies have updated defaults.
Now you only need to change core settings if needed ;)
If you want to migrate your configs u need to change video_driver to "gl" and menu_driver to "xmb" and remove the buildbot url (else u cant use the core updater, it gets re-added)
Cheers

Reactions: Deleted-351540
D

Deleted-351540

New nightlies have updated defaults.
Now you only need to change core settings if needed ;)
If you want to migrate your configs u need to change video_driver to "gl" and menu_driver to "xmb" and remove the buildbot url (else u cant use the core updater, it gets re-added)
Cheers
Well, I guess that makes it simple enough to stop being lazy. Thanks!

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just make sure u remove all nro's from the cores folder first and remove your playlist file (because it will link to non-existent cores)
The naming was changed so it matches RA stuff

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I may have explained that too simplistically. I meant that the installed Retroarch .nsp will still seek the retroarch folder on the sd card for all the cores and system files. If still wrong then I'm more out of the loop than I thought.

Last edited by JJO192,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may have explained that too simplistically. I meant that the installed Retroarch .nsp will still seek the retroarch folder on the sd card for all the cores and system files. If still wrong then I'm more out of the loop than I thought.
No thats correct.
Its a full replacement of /switch/retroarch_switch.nro
Everything else is the same

Starkgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple guide anywhere that goes into detail about setting this up once its installed on switch? It all seems kinda complex for the layman like myself

Hahyestwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having an issue with N64 roms crashing after Nintendo logo (Mupen). I installed nsp, as several suggested, and that fixed the issue. Thanks to all of those who suggested the nsp install!

Now my problem is the game (DK64) runs 20fps in action, but I'm hoping more optimizations are forthcoming for N64.

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's possible, I know it is in lakka, but is there a way to change the time one so my clock is correct? And maybe the format so I don't have to see the EUR way the date is displayed. Not that its bad it's the EUR way, just not used to reading it that way so I have to think a bit. Haha

Legendre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So, if i install nsp Retroarch i need download cores inside? i can't put the cores on SD card? manually? without connect my Switch to internet?

And, if i can, where i can find the cores of Retroarch for switch?

Bumblecito

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, if i install nsp Retroarch i need download cores inside? i can't put the cores on SD card? manually? without connect my Switch to internet?

And, if i can, where i can find the cores of Retroarch for switch?

Yes, You can make an offline instalation downloading and extracting these files to your sd card:
https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.5/nintendo/switch/libnx/RetroArch.7z
Then just install the retroarch nsp file
https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.5/nintendo/switch/libnx/RetroArch.nsp

Last edited by Bumblecito,

Straw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
the .nsp retroarch is not running on me it says corrupt. my switch is 5.1 using sx os 1.5 installed using the built in installer am I the only who have this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging