Homebrew RetroArch Switch

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ah, intelligence of the masses again. All .pbp's work.

If they are made from PSX games (cue/bins, iso).

.pbp is a container format that PCSXRearmed supports. .pbp is also a release format for PSP games, and PSOne Classics on the PSP. Those are different from PSX games. Those might not work in a PSX emulator.

Thats shorthand for - in pbp PSOne releases there might have been optimizations made for the PSPs brand of PSX emulator - that might make some games incompatible (others work).

My personal success rate in converting PSX cue/bins into pbp is 100% on more than 10 games.

If you'd try to understand what makes your "efforts" in dling something off the internet work, you might not disperse so much misinformation. The goal of HB scenes should be to have you all leave the "what app do you recommend" "what is best" structure of modern "I bought iPhone" tech knowledge. Make you a little self empowered.

But then as a "not all PSOne pbps downloaded off the interwebs work in a PSX emulator" testimonial, It works.

Last edited by notimp,

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

what about the PrBoom Core for doom1 and doom2?

my folder is:

Code:
.../roms/ports/doom/doom.wad
.../roms/ports/doom/prboom.wad

The core doesnt start.

Edit: Works, I have to press A

Last edited by switshgam0r,
D

Deleted-351540

Does PSX work? My Switch crashes.
If you had bothered to read the last five pages, you'd already know that threaded video and audio need to be enabled for PCSX or the Switch will crash. Be sure to read those pages to find out how to enable them

switshgam0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you had bothered to read the last five pages, you'd already know that threaded video and audio need to be enabled for PCSX or the Switch will crash. Be sure to read those pages to find out how to enable them

I read the last ten pages, I dont get it. I dont find the sound setting for threaded :/

aboreal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What shaders would you recommend for GBA games, like Pokemon games, the HQ4x seem to worsen the text. Just want a high quality experience, no retro settings.

4xBRZ could a good one. Have u tried heavy shaders (HQ4x fore example) on SNES/MAME/NEO-GEO? Are they running full speed?

Cheers!

Abespada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! Does anyone know how to keybind the right analog stick on prBoom ? The left stick don't work too but the dpad can be used instead, but i would prefer tu assign the camera control to the right stick... Anyone know how to do that ? I've checked on the prboom.cfg file and there's only hex adresses, and i don't know which ones are for the analog stick...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi ! Does anyone know how to keybind the right analog stick on prBoom ? The left stick don't work too but the dpad can be used instead, but i would prefer tu assign the camera control to the right stick... Anyone know how to do that ? I've checked on the prboom.cfg file and there's only hex adresses, and i don't know which ones are for the analog stick...
Load up PrBoom and start any game, doesn't matter which one.
Then press + & - (or whatever button combo you have assigned to return to the RetroArch menu) and then go to Quick Menu -> Controls.
You can change the controls there and assign the right stick to certain actions instead.
Or you can do so in Doom's control settings too I believe.

Abespada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Load up PrBoom and start any game, doesn't matter which one.
Then press + & - (or whatever button combo you have assigned to return to the RetroArch menu) and then go to Quick Menu -> Controls.
You can change the controls there and assign the right stick to certain actions instead.
Or you can do so in Doom's control settings too I believe.
Thank you !

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just noticed that I forgot to add Gearsystem as a core in the OP. :P
Added it!

Also, people, if more cores end up popping up in the buildbot, please let me know!
I will try to add them to the list in the OP as soon as I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck